Fighter Factories

Winmugen11

Bonjour everybody,

Recently I've been thinking about creating my own "products" for Mugen. Now I know which programs are best to use and where to find great tutorials (like Ryon's for Characters and Cybaster's for Stages).

However everywhere I go, people say to use Fighter Factory, or depending on the project at hand, multiple Fighter Factories.

As far as I remember, when using FF, you can use the Classic FF, FF3 or FFU. Now my real question is when to stick to 1 FF and when to use multiple versions.

Are there some things which are easier to do in certain versions of FF than others? If so which things?

Perhaps some sort of summary that lists the differences and advantages between all these Fighter Factories would help me out the most.

Alternatively, are there any other similar programs you can use as an alternative for FF?

P.S. This is a bit off-topic but what can you use Adobe Photoshop for in regards to Mugen content creation? What's the best version? Can you use GIMP as a free alternative or does it have it's limitations in comparison to Photoshop? Finally, can you guys recommend me any spriting tutorials to follow?

Drinking game : everytime I used the name of a program like Fighter Factory, GIMP, Adobe Photoshop or an abbreviation of their names, take a drink, whether it's alcoholic or not is up to you!

:troll: 

Gimp can do basically all that Photoshop does (I use both) the only thing is that Gimp doesnt cause Anti-Alias (Blurry edges)

As for Fighter Factory....

I have both FFC and FF3 but only use FF3 when trying to check out some 1.1 only stuff (Like vestor's stages or Dartz lifebars) and FFC for paletes as i find it more easy.

Depends on for what you gona use it buth either way you can make stages or chars with any of both.

Personally I'm against FFU completely.

FFC and FF3 are best imo. FFC i like because,well i started on it years ago before FFU was even a thought, and certain things about the GUI worked better than on future versions.

Also, FFC makes making palettes a breeze.

I mostly work in FF3 though. Ultimately, just use what feels right to you.

People just prefer fighter factory because you can do almost everything from that one program and not need to use too many extra programs.

Photoshop and GIMP are both decent programs for assisting in creating content (since you can make just about anything) but I find Photoshop to be superior to GIMP. Again, this all really comes down to preference, but i'd recommend photoshop over GIMP.

There's also Paintshop Pro which is useful as well but its preference. You can make stuff using Paint, as long as thats what you prefer(and dont mind a longer process in making things)