Maverick Hunter Zero

mr.karatejka

Sprites: Ranzaneko

Codes: Mr.Karate

This Zero is a hybrid style between mvc and Cvs including features from these two gameplay systems like power charge, super jump, excel combo and air combos. Also his moveset is based in MVC3/TVC with some features from Mega Man X series and one new mow move from Mega Man Zero. 

Some screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

And two gameplay videos:

Feedbacks are wellcome!

Hope you like it!

How can we post feedback since there's no download link to test it? this would be more like giving opinions about the videos.

The base of giving feedback to a creation lies withing providing a download link. Not even in the thread over at MFG a DL link is present for so far as I've checked.

Regardless, will he have some palette exlusive specials/supers for his Nightmare Zero palette? Or an Absolute Zero mode or something like that?

Winmugen111 Sorry for my bad expression. If is not possible give feedback watching the videos feel free to give any idea and sugestion! For the nightmare palete at the moment Zero have one exclusive intro and one exclusive move. Noside This is a very old and outdated version of Zero. The current was shared only between me and Ranzaneko, the creator of the sprites. He is very close to be done but before the release he wanna be tested by some beta testers.

1st video.

00:05 - I can see he need atleast 1 or 2 more frames while turning from the Intro to Stand same at the 2nd video.

00:10 - A Lime Green PalFX color would look better on the Charged Cannon Move instead of Dark Green and add a bit more of trasparency to it imo.

01:30 - Probably could lower the walkback animation position by 2~3 pixels he seems to be not well aligned compared with the other normal animations imo.

2nd video.

02:28 - The red after image efect could probably make it a bit more trasparency imo. 

02;31 - Those jumps same as above and could use some less after images efect or just dont separete them that much.

well just a minor opinion about the Graphic part of what i see.

Loooks very nice so far.

Excahm is right about him needed more transition frames between animations and about the dark green

I dont agree about the red afterimage since its sorta supposed to be like that

When Zero dies, the orb anim lasts too long. Its supposed to be quick so maybe cut it short by 2-3 seconds

Despite minor bugs, this Zero is very promising and definitely a keeper.

I'm up for beta testing this Zero since I kinda have already(so i know which bugs to look for) and since i'm a Zero fan :P

Thanks for the support guys! Soon i'll need a beta tester then we can talk about this! I thought we could launch this project at Christmas but unfortunately i think he wont be ready until this date. I had to give a break in the codes because some personal reasons (my job... =( )and Ranza is revamping a lot of sprites! But soon this Zero will be finished and all of us can have a great Zero on our roster! Mio i'll check it later because i'm working now! Thank you for your attention! And yes, i am thinking about a palete selector. What do you think!?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the support guys! Soon i'll need a beta tester then we can talk about this! I thought we could launch this project at Christmas but unfortunately i think he wont be ready until this date. I had to give a break in the codes because some personal reasons (my job... =( )and Ranza is revamping a lot of sprites! But soon this Zero will be finished and all of us can have a great Zero on our roster! Mio i'll check it later because i'm working now! Thank you for your attention! And yes, i am thinking about a palete selector. What do you think!?

I hope you will continue this Zero back a.s.a.p. Not pressure you, just it's kinda waste if you turn up abandoned this project. I can see this Zero has a potential as a decent Zero in mugen we've been waiting for.

I can see this Zero has a potential as a decent Zero in mugen we've been waiting for.

While I agree this Zero has great potential, it's not like we have no good Zero's in M.U.G.E.N. as of now. There are plenty of good versions of him (like DCL's) in the Megaman Collection (check last page for 2 Zero's who are not yet in the collection itself) and there's even an, if I do say so myself, excellent SvC-styled Megaman Zero with MvC gameplay.

While I agree this Zero has great potential, it's not like we have no good Zero's in M.U.G.E.N. as of now. There are plenty of good versions of him (like DCL's) in the Megaman Collection (check last page for 2 Zero's who are not yet in the collection itself) and there's even an, if I do say so myself, excellent SvC-styled Megaman Zero with MvC gameplay.

True, reason why I say this Zero might be good because when I see it, it really look like his MvC 3 version. I like the sprite and judging by the video, his gameplay quite good. Only time will tell how this Zero will look like if we manage to get him. If he really good like what I'm predicted, he deserved a spot in my roster.

I'm actually don't like much for SvC style Zero. It because for me, SNK style really kinda ruined the good look of Capcom characters. And I know I'm not the only one, prove we can see how Capcom vs SNK is much more popular/acceptable than SvC Chaos. Not to mentioned, we can see many SNK characters are convert to Capcom vs SNK style in mugen