Project M Thread

Kanbei

Hello Smashers, 3.0 release is officially upon us!

Posted Image

THE FULL ROSTER

Fan favorites Roy, Mewtwo, Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Ice-Climbers and Olimar all return in top form. With this landmark update not only completing the original Brawl roster, but expanding it to a massive 41 characters, we’ve chosen to shed the “DEMO” moniker from our title. However, please be aware that this is not yet Project M’s final or “gold” release – everything is still subject to refinement for now.

Posted ImagePosted Image

TURBO MODE

This new release includes "Turbo Mode," a game type in Special VS which allows any character to interrupt moves once they’ve connected with an opponent. Chain attacks together to create Turbo speed combos limited only by your imagination and dexterity. Additionally, you can also gain short spurts of Turbo Mode within normal VS play by picking up the Turbo Curry item. Play it your way: mix it in to your normal item play or have fun in the full-time Turbo Mode.

Posted Image

ALTERNATE COSTUMES & COLORS

But that's not all! This release also includes alternate costumes and colors for various characters. Please note that the current distribution of alternate costumes is not perfectly “balanced” or “fair,” -- we have limited modeling time and limited memory space, so we’ve tried to hit some of the costumes that we think will be the most popular first, and will continue adding costumes in future releases as time and space allow. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the first batch of costumes.

Posted Image

AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION FOR 3-4 PLAYER FIGHTS

There is one minor but important issue that we have to discuss for competitive play. Because the model importer that we use is in need of an upgrade – which we are currently working on – new models including Roy, Mewtwo, and all new alt costumes have a higher tendency to create gameplay lag than Brawl’s original models despite utilizing similar polygon counts. This is not an issue in singles play in most cases but in doubles more than two new player models on screen at once can potentially create noticeable lag. Again, this is something that we’re actively working on addressing, we'll have more details on the specific instances of lag for Tournament Operators to look at and make judgment calls on rules soon. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have this resolved in future releases. In the meantime, we have included warning icons on each costume's character portrait that has the potential to induce any amount of lag for players and TOs.

Posted Image

A CALL TO THE COMMUNITY

Lastly, with the absolutely enormous amount of new characters, mechanics, features, costumes, and stages all added to 3.0 there will inevitably be bugs that we could not catch with our limited number of players. We need you, the community, to help us out by reporting the bugs you find on our Bug Reporting Forum. The more specific you can be about how to reproduce a given bug the faster we can fix it. As with previous releases we will likely put out a “3.0b” or similarly named patch a few weeks after release squashing as many of the community-identified bugs as possible. Thanks for your understanding and your help.

GO GET IT!

There are plenty of fun surprises waiting to be discovered in 3.0 that we haven't revealed yet. So, what are you waiting for? Download it now! Download link.

- Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Samus, Kirby, and Olimar are now available

-2 new characters join in Project M, Roy and Mewtwo

- Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee. Some moves with shield damage from before compensated appropriately

- Fixed a bug related to Stage Collision Detection (landing detection) that caused characters to lose height while in certain animations

- The Sleep status duration can now be reduced by mashing

- Wall Clings are now limited to one use per airtime

- Maximum tether hangtime was halved

- Forced Tether Jump upon reel-in no longer has IASA or refreshes a double jump

- Fixed a bug with Meteor Canceling where multijump characters were unable to meteor cancel with normal jumps after they used their first jump

- Implemented a new HUD with cleaner stock icons

- Turbo Mode now replaces Curry Mode in Special Versus. Cancel your attacks on-hit for new combo possibilities!

- Character AI improved across the board in various ways

- Computer players no longer have a preference for ganging up on human players

- The camera on all stages was sped up slightly

- SSE Jungle was reskinned with Pikmin elements. Renamed "Distant Planet"

- Pokémon Stadium 1 moved back to page 1

- Added Peach's Castle to Page 2, replaces Mario Circuit

- Added Training Stage to Page 2

- Norfair's platforms now expand and contract further and into more positions. The main platform is larger with a new model, and the entire stage was lowered relative to the blastzones

- Widened the side blastzones of Metal Cavern

- Slightly raised the ceiling blastzone of Warioware

- Raised the ceiling blastzone of the following stages: Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld, Skyloft, Lylat, Metal Cavern, and Smashville

- Significantly raised the ceiling blastzone of Dracula's Castle

- Numerous Aesthetic improvement to Fountain of Dreams

Bumper

- Bumper does slightly more damage, but deals much less knockback and sends foes sideways

- When set, Bumper sends foes at a higher angle with slightly increased knockback growth

- Hitbox slightly smaller

SuperSpicy Curry

- Now activates Turbo instead of spitting Flames. Renamed "Turbo" with a new appearance

Deku Nut

- All hitboxes now blockable

- Explosion has less weight knockback and slightly less knockback growth

Soccer Ball

- Flame hitbox is significantly weaker

Carrier Boxes

- Rolling hitbox has less base knockback and knockback growth

Cracker Shot

- Fireworks deal slightly less knockback can now be absorbed.

Golden Hammer

- Damage reduced to 20 from 30.

Star Rod

- Trajectory when hit by tossed Star Rod is higher.

Party Ball

- Disappears instead of exploding

Assist Trophies and Pokemon:

Snorlax:

- Rising hitbox is weaker, while Body Slam hitbox is stronger

Torchic:

- Fire Spin loops every 16 frames instead of 10 and ending hitbox is weaker

Knuckle Joe:

- Vulcan/Rapid Jab's base damage was halved, SDI ability significantly higher and has reduced knockback growth with later hits being softer

- Smack Punch and its projectile have less knockback

Latios and Latias:

- Wind hitboxes removed

Weavile:

- Stun effect removed

- Hitbox now pops people upwards a bit and does less shield damage

Metagross:

- Burying hitbox removed when Metagross in on the ground already

Meowth:

- Pay Day damage reduced and has knockback growth

Piplup

- Hitbox refreshes every 8 frames instead of 7

- SDI Multiplier significantly increased

Issac:

- Adjusted the Synergy angle to be 30 degrees to compensate for higher gravity and up the SDI multiplier to 1.02

Saki:

- Second Sword Attack now has less knockback growth and more base knockback

- Saki's Shots are now using Raygun shot GFX

Enjoy,

-The PMBR

Well why not make a thread about this mod it is kickass and worth downloading. I wanted to post more about this mod on what they did with the characters, but there is 41 to post and I feel kinda lazy, so here is the smashboards link.

I Tryed it out a while and its pretty good though I wait it out a bit when its more stable and all the functions of the characters are perfected. but other then that not bad. :goodmood:

I just surprised Nintendo has nothing against this project Since SSB Brawl it self is Licensed by them.

I just surprised Nintendo has nothing against this project Since SSB Brawl it self is Licensed by them.

Actually they did. The Project M team said they kept getting "cease and desist notices" from 3rd party companies and Nintendo, telling them not to add content that was not in smash bros or back porting. (Example Wii Fit Trainer in brawl, Pac-Man In brawl.) So yeah but they can add stuff more, they said there are still 7 empty spaces. I hope they add Saki, Issac or Little Mac in this project cuz I have not stoped playing it, it is so much fun.

I am gonna get this when it is complete

Yeah they are gonna update it to 3.0b but in a few weeks, I think like 6-7weeks? But I know what you mean, Roy's final smash has a glitch where if your jumping they can get hit but keep flying up. But that glitch is very rare to pull off. Thanks to this project Roy is my Main again.

Looks awesome from what I have seen though

Yes, It is awesome, espacilly the turbo mode.

Actually they did. The Project M team said they kept getting "cease and desist notices" from 3rd party companies and Nintendo, telling them not to add content that was not in smash bros or back porting. (Example Wii Fit Trainer in brawl, Pac-Man In brawl.) So yeah but they can add stuff more, they said there are still 7 empty spaces. I hope they add Saki, Issac or Little Mac in this project cuz I have not stoped playing it, it is so much fun.

In other words Nintendo is okay with this as long as Project M is not selling or using their characters as profit (Just like M.U.G.E.N.)