Yamato from Dragoon Might

Ryon

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m0rqba821mwgkvn/Yamato%20(B2).zip

Hello thank you for downloading my "beta 2" of Yamato from Dragoon Might. I noticed lately all the attention this character has on guild, and mffa. I noticed several authors already attempting him, But I have not seen any real progress (other than what Werewood has shown in his screenshots) So Today I present to you Yamato. A Early Version of him. He has 6 Buttons. A Power Charge (Y+B) Dragon Fire (Down, Forward, Punch) Dragon Kick (Down, Back, Kick) in the air. He is still fresh. still missing some 5000's (5070 really) but for what he is, He is a good entry for anyone roster at the moment. PLEASE STAY TUNED TO MY TOPIC ON MUGENFREEFORALL.COM IN THE WORK IN PROGRESS SECTION.

Exciting MUGEN WIP you big-MUGEN-man Ryon is doing!  My old one progress has halted long time ago (some time during 2011 I guess) when I failed to use Cheat Engine to get the sprites by traditional ripping method.  So, I am counting on you for Yamato now!

• 1 month later...

Finished testing your cool Yamato (11,16,13), both super moves are awesomely mugenized!  Posted Image

A few things:

- in [statedef 3010], a warning of expression truncated to integer:

[state 0, VarSet]
  type = VarSet
  trigger1 = 1
  v = 10
  value = p2bodydist Y + (-65)

** perhaps fv = can be used instead of v = **

- at the start of Samurai Slash, a small portion of Yamato's life should be depleted in exchange

- crouching "z" should make two (2) hits only when P2 is in the corner

- all close-to-P2 standing attacks are missing?  you are working on those right?

- punch & kick throws are missing (punch throw shall have corner wall bounce by the way)?  you are working on those right?

- the Hit Up-Diagonal animation 5052 should be used when P2 is hit by Rising Dragon as well as some times in Samurai Slash get-hit

- the fire dragon head effect is missing in Rising Dragon

- Rising Dragon's 1st hit misses (in arcade this won't miss), when 1st hit is made, the 2nd hit will whiff (all will not whiff when P2 is blocking/guarding)
Posted Image

- the Samurai Spirits/Samurai Showdown P2-blocking/guarding special push-back animations are missing for all ground-only medium and strong normal slashes

- still missing some 5000's (5070 really)?

• 3 weeks later...

Update. + Fixed Debug Flood, regarding the Variable (Thank You Werewood) + Now takes off a portion of HP when starting Samurai Slash. + Crouch Heavy Hits twice ONLY in corners now. = All Close Attacks animations added, Hitboxes are not done, and Hitdefs are not done. (But you can probably imagine how easy it is) - I will work on the throw at a later time, its my most hated thing to code. + It does work with Diag Up, but He didnt have his animation, But he does have it now. + Added Dragon effect on Rising Dragon. But I don't have the proper effect. + Fixed Rising Hit's hit ability. Now it hits once, weather on the ground or in the air. Also Don't use a word like whiff, I had no idea what you meant by that, I think alot of people wouldnt understand that word. = What samurai shodown p2blocking thing are you talking about? + Added 5070's ... and YES really. Do you know how hard it is to find a good set of sprites for being held up in the air at your torso? ITS FREAKING HARD ON HIM!

@Ryon:

>> = What samurai shodown p2blocking thing are you talking about?
When P2 is blocking/guarding Yamato's normal slashes, Yamato retracts backward more and stuns/pauses a little bit and some intermediate animations play during the retraction:
Posted Image ===>>> Posted Image

This feature was invented by Samurai Showdown(Spirits), and Dragoon Might Yamato has this sword retraction feature.

>> Also Don't use a word like whiff, I had no idea what you meant by that, I think alot of people wouldnt understand that word.

I don't know but, I learned this word from all those SF4 online guides and videos.  I realize the true word meaning something totally different.  I think it is something equal to "miss" in the SF4 universe.............

Update. + All Close Attacks Complete. + Added Sword Knock Back (If P2 Guarding) for all standing and crouching, sword attacks. There ya go. Also tweaked Rising Dragon to look better now than before. I really need hitsounds to make him feel more complete.