Move type mechanics guide

Hi there.

This is a topic which I already made, but I can't find the english version. So, here we go again, since I think its very useful. Sorry for my bad english :(

In a long time ago, I did a sort of "guide of move types", a kind of standard or list of options to moves, their utilities and such. So the key is:

- Avoid Cliches (eg a super hit, you change some effects, he saw the same thing, so that hyper. Everybody loves to do that). Only if the move is really pretty cool.
- Functionality of moves
- Avoid repeated moves (moves that works on the same way on the same char)

I like to think of moves thanks to their assignments, not simply by doing it or by how it is graphically. I always try to use a schema:

- Dashing attacks: where the fighter is projected to attack the P2. The famous "seeker" or "which cover the screen"
Posted Image

- Anti air: punches that avoid p2 to jump on you.
Posted Image

- Projectiles: short, medium or long distance, aerial or not, horizontal, diagonal or vertical.
Posted Image

- Grabs: short distance or "slide and grab" (the char moves to grab the P2, very useful), which have either a slow start or a slow recovery time. Like "hit, and your're dead; Wrong, I'm busted."
Posted Image

- Shields: things that help keep the distance from p2 without attacking it directly.
Posted Image

- Counters: Counterattacks against blows.
Posted ImagePosted Image

- Assist: passive moves, like recovering energy, etc.
Posted Image

- dodging: teleports and others.
Posted ImagePosted Image

- Helpers: self-explanatory. Can have many variations (attack, passive, etc)
Posted Image

- Tricks: my favorite. I usually call this "gift" - is those moves that you do not directly attack also do not cause much damage, but they are f**k*** annoying. As bombs that are on the ground and take the blow, poison, something that makes him fall or make the vision difficult, etc.. Typical move that use after you knocked the P2 on the floor, so he has to worry about it when lifting.
Posted Image

Hope this helps. Its not a rule set in the stone, its more a suggestion.