A person

The Roleplay Paradise Redux: Fortis Novum Mundum

Recommended Posts

BGM: Yggdrasil's Embrace

 

The sun began to crest over the eastern horizon, its golden rays showering down upon the lands, each alerting those sleeping on the surface below that it was finally time to awaken; the darkness and mystery of night no longer plagued the lands. Creatures of various different shapes and sizes did as commanded, and rose from their slumber, beginning to go out and seek out the first meal of the day: breakfast. The golden rays bathed the plants with the energy they would need to create their own food, their coloration intensifying in the sunlight. The light reflecting off of the various oceans of the world gave the skies above a blue hue, and the lack of clouds around mixed with the cool temperatures and slow breeze made this new day almost perfect. In a forest covering a rocky hill with a cave entrance upon its southern facade, some of the land's creatures were going about their normal day until an anomaly occurred.

 

BGM: Danger!

 

 A large portal opened up in the middle of the forest, a roar not of this world being heard as it quickly expanded, the creatures around fleeing the scene as fast as they could. The portal seemed like it would swallow everything around indiscriminately with the rate it was expanding at, several small rocks and some loose vegetation being pulled into it as well. As it was pulling in all of the small objects it could, however, it also threw something out of itself: a person. They tumbled upon the ground due to the momentum at which they were thrown with, their blue, over-sized coat throwing all kinds of dirt and decaying vegetation into the air, a sort of trail being formed by their path. Eventually, they came to a halt upon a rock, letting out a low groan as they hit it. After throwing out what could be considered its "previous meal", the portal closed as fast as it opened, the groaning of the person being the only thing able to be heard.

 

BGM: Mother Earth of Dishonesty ~ PART 1

 

A few coughs escaped the person's throat through their mouth as they laid within the sediment upon the forest floor, seeming to be quite exhausted from something. After about ten minutes of laying down, they slowly moved their arms underneath their body to push themselves up somewhat, revealing a long, brown hair with a green ribbon tied to a hank of hair at the top, though it was ruined by various leaves, rocks, and twigs trapped within her locks. She pushed herself up enough so that her face could be seen, revealing her emerald eyes and dirt-spotted face. She winced as the pain from before still hadn't receded, but still took the time to look around the area, a pained growl escaping her mouth.

 

cd181951e2.png

???: Urgh...dammit, Daniel! I told you that wouldn't go...so...well...

 

Her voice trailed off as she saw that nobody was around, including the creature she was fighting, thankfully.

 

4f5a1db34e.png

???: ...Guys? Are you all hiding? Come on, this isn't funny! Urgh!

 

She gripped her right side as a sharp pain coursed through her body from it. She removed her right arm from the coat sleeve it was in and put her hand upon the spot for a moment, then removed it, checking the palm. No blood, thankfully, so she wasn't going to have to bandage anything. Hopefully. Maybe they were trying their best to hide from her.

 

cd181951e2.png

???: Guys, come on! It got me really good and I might be bleeding! Elizabeth! Elizabeeeeeeth!

 

She let her cry echo through the forest for a while, hoping that the kindhearted girl she knew would come to her aid after hearing that a fellow party member was badly injured, let alone the leader of the party. She let out a sigh and lowered her head to the forest floor.

 

1f90edde09.png

???: I swear, if I get up and I find you all hiding somewhere, I'm going to make sure it's the last time you do anything in your miserabl- Agh!

 

The pain shot through her body again. It felt like something was hitting it every so often, causing the pain to flare up once it did. She looked down at where the pain was coming from again, and, of course, her- 

 

935ac0ad51.png

???: W-wh-what the hell?! Where are my things?!

 

Except for what she first left home with, everything that she once had was now all gone. She dug through her coat frantically, hoping to find all of the treasure and weapons she had stashed up misplaced within the coat or in a sleeve, maybe even a pocket, but there was nothing. However, she did find what was causing the occasional pain in a pocket: a strange orb that shook occasionally.

 

4591ab47d3.png

 

It was something she had never seen in her life.

 

4f5a1db34e.png

???: ...where'd this come from? I don't remember getting anything like this on any hunt...

 

She examined the object closely, but gazing at it started to hurt her eyes, so she threw it aside. After doing so, however, it felt like her energy started to come back to her. Finding it rather odd, but having no good reason to question why it was happening, she finally stood up and dusted herself off entirely, making sure to remove the sediment within her hair carefully, so as not to ruin it. As she did this, she took another glance around herself. Still no sign of the others.

 

1f90edde09.png

???: You guys must be really determined. I saw you all get pulled into that portal, and I wouldn't have followed you in if you hadn't gone in, now come out here! And give me my things back, too! I promise I won't kill any of you if you do...I'll just make sure you regret ever doing it!

 

She walked around the area as she spoke, looking for any signs of the presence of another person.

 

(Chance make.)

 

(Let this also mark the beginning!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FROM BEHIND A NEARBY TREE...

 

Three men, one a photographer, one an average-looking dude, and one with a fully red attire hid behind a tree (as if the first word I said wasn't obvious, you knitwit).

 

frank.png

(quietly sipping cup of coffee) Now then... if only there were a way to get a better perspective for my picture...

 

edward.png

Is that seriously your only concern right now? My main concern would be making sure she doesn't find us! Do you know what kinds of horrible things she could do to us if she finds us?

 

frank.png

The worse she could do is step on your leg... she doesn't look dangerous at all...

 

edward.png

ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT!? You're the one that always says "looks can be deceiving", yet you're judging her on looks alone!?

 

The one in the red hoodie showed no concern about what would happen to him at all.

 

tommy.png

Do you guys know what this could mean for me!? I'LL FINALLY GET A NEW FRIEND! I'M SO EXCITED!

 

edward.png

Dude, you have practically no friends to begin wi -

 

The "average joe" was cut off by the person in the red hoodie running forward from the tree - he was, however, stopped by that same "average joe".

 

tommy.png

BUT IT'S GONNA BE SO WO -

 

edward.png

Do you want to get hurt badly right now!?

 

tommy.png

YOU'RE GONNA HURT ME!?

 

edward.png

...no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

FROM BEHIND A NEARBY TREE...

 

Three men, one a photographer, one an average-looking dude, and one with a fully red attire hid behind a tree (as if the first word I said wasn't obvious, you knitwit).

 

frank.png

(quietly sipping cup of coffee) Now then... if only there were a way to get a better perspective for my picture...

 

edward.png

Is that seriously your only concern right now? My main concern would be making sure she doesn't find us! Do you know what kinds of horrible things she could do to us if she finds us?

 

frank.png

The worse she could do is step on your leg... she doesn't look dangerous at all...

 

edward.png

ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT!? You're the one that always says "looks can be deceiving", yet you're judging her on looks alone!?

 

The one in the red hoodie showed no concern about what would happen to him at all.

 

tommy.png

Do you guys know what this could mean for me!? I'LL FINALLY GET A NEW FRIEND! I'M SO EXCITED!

 

edward.png

Dude, you have practically no friends to begin wi -

 

The "average joe" was cut off by the person in the red hoodie running forward from the tree - he was, however, stopped by that same "average joe".

 

tommy.png

BUT IT'S GONNA BE SO WO -

 

edward.png

Do you want to get hurt badly right now!?

 

tommy.png

YOU'RE GONNA HURT ME!?

 

edward.png

...no.

6999e09edb.png

 

Standing at a measly 5 feet in height, the girl was clearly young. She immediately turned her head towards the voices, her face showing pure fury.

 

969dd21548.png

???: I HEARD YOU, YOU DIRTY BASTARDS! THESE KATARS ARE GOING RIGHT UP YOUR ASSES IF YOU DON'T HAND OVER EVERYTHING NOW!

 

She started to angrily march towards their location, the bladed weapons sliding out from her sleeves as she approached.

 

969dd21548.png

???: YOU HAVE UNTIL THE COUNT OF THREE BEFORE I TURN YOUR ASSES INTO SWISS CHEESE! ONE!

 

It was obvious that she was pretty mad at this point. What she was going to encounter, however, would most likely give her a good shock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boy in the red hoodie suddenly broke free.

 

tommy.png

HAHA! YES! FREEDOM!

 

He started running towards the girl.

 

tommy.png

HI! I'M TOMMY! I'VE JUST MET YOU, AND ALREADY I LOVE YOU!

 

edward.png

Who don't you like, you dumbass? YOU BLEW OUR FUCKING COVER!

 

frank.png

And with a blown cover comes a great picture!

 

The photographer pulled out his camera and aimed it at the girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(a shadow was witnessing from afar)

 

Masked.png I wonder if they have any idea of where is the man I'm looking for...

 

(another shadow walks up to him)
9d367b962a.png?width=208&height=250 I don't know...the man you showed me you were looking for does not resemble any of these...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

The boy in the red hoodie suddenly broke free.

 

tommy.png

HAHA! YES! FREEDOM!

 

He started running towards the girl.

 

tommy.png

HI! I'M TOMMY! I'VE JUST MET YOU, AND ALREADY I LOVE YOU!

 

edward.png

Who don't you like, you dumbass? YOU BLEW OUR FUCKING COVER!

 

frank.png

And with a blown cover comes a great picture!

 

The photographer pulled out his camera and aimed it at the girl.

She instinctively jumped back upon spotting the stranger, entering a combat stance. 

 

719caea925.png

???: Wh-who the hell are you?!

 

Three people, she could spot out three people in this group. None of them were familiar to her, and that was bad. Very bad.

 

1f90edde09.png

???: Are you the thieves that took my stuff?! Unless you give up my stuff now, I'll turn you all into mince meat right here, right now!

 

She wasn't going to back down; she had fought through many battles for those items, and she wasn't going to let someone take them away from her without at least suffering severe consequences if getting them back wasn't an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy just looked at her confused.

 

tommy.png

I... I have no idea what you're talking about.

 

edward.png

...you do realize it's gonna take more then that for her to believe us, right?

 

tommy.png

Well, yeah, but... what if she's smart enough to believe me right off the bat?

 

edward.png

...that's not how things work. You don't understand how humans work much, do you?

 

The photographer appeared from behind the tree and snapped a picture of the girl.

 

frank.png

Now, you two; kiss and make out! This'll be one of the best scoops I'll ever make!

 

edward.png

W - wh - what!? WE BARELY EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER YET!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

Tommy just looked at her confused.

 

tommy.png

I... I have no idea what you're talking about.

 

edward.png

...you do realize it's gonna take more then that for her to believe us, right?

 

tommy.png

Well, yeah, but... what if she's smart enough to believe me right off the bat?

 

edward.png

...that's not how things work. You don't understand how humans work much, do you?

 

The photographer appeared from behind the tree and snapped a picture of the girl.

 

frank.png

Now, you two; kiss and make out! This'll be one of the best scoops I'll ever make!

 

edward.png

W - wh - what!? WE BARELY EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER YET!

She turned towards the bright light that flashed behind her, the katar in her right hand swapped out with a throwing dagger in an instant.

 

1f90edde09.png

???: Jumping into the fray? I'll take you bo-

 

Fortunately, the cameraman's comment caused her to stop herself in the act of throwing before the dagger was completely released. She stared at him in bewilderment.

 

719caea925.png

???: ...err...I...guess you're not thieves at all, are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy was confused.

 

tommy.png

...why would I be a thief? I literally got spat out from the sky two hours ago...

 

edward.png

Actually, he got thrown out of a portal and landed flat on his face... he doesn't remember many things... sometimes he doesn't even remember his name

 

Frank was still waiting.

 

frank.png

Well, what are you two waiting for!? Kiss and make up!

 

edward.png

I thought I already told you, WE BARELY EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

Tommy was confused.

 

tommy.png

...why would I be a thief? I literally got spat out from the sky two hours ago...

 

edward.png

Actually, he got thrown out of a portal and landed flat on his face... he doesn't remember many things... sometimes he doesn't even remember his name

 

Frank was still waiting.

 

frank.png

Well, what are you two waiting for!? Kiss and make up!

 

edward.png

I thought I already told you, WE BARELY EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER!

She swayed her sleeves, and, in the blink of an eye, her weapons disappeared within her sleeves. They didn't look to be very threatening anyway, so even if they did wind up doing something, she could probably handle all three of them at once. She shot a sudden angry glare at Frank.

 

969dd21548.png

???: How about I kick your ass instead, you pervert? I'm not about to kiss any of you weirdos any time soon! Although...

 

She turned her attention to the polo-wearing fellow who seemed to be the most reasonable of the trio. 

 

cd181951e2.png

???: ...you said something about him being thrown out of a portal, right? I'm guessing the both of you followed him into it?

 

Was this some kind of alternate dimension? The object the flashing man was holding wasn't familiar to her in the slightest, and though their apparel was at least moderately familiar to her, it still had a hint of strangeness to it. She stashed those thoughts in the back of her head until she was given an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edward.png

(nodding) We were pretty concerned about what might happen to him, so we chose to follow...

 

The polo-wearing man put his head on Tommy's head.

 

edward.png

This right here is our little brother, Tommy; he's unashamedly dumb and we're ashamed of him for that, but we still love him. My name's Edward Thompson, and the "pervert" that you're reffering to is my big brother, Frank.

 

Frank was standing behind the tree, his camera lying on his shoulder.

 

frank.png

 

Oh-ho-ho! I can see that you're a tough one! You're perfect; I like my girls tough! Maybe we should hook up sometime; we'd make a great pair!

 

edward.png

Don't make me sic Toby on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(A person dressed in black was sitting a distance away from the group looking a bit injured).

ezgif-4-b169f97ce4.png D-dammit... I cant really move that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

edward.png

(nodding) We were pretty concerned about what might happen to him, so we chose to follow...

 

The polo-wearing man put his head on Tommy's head.

 

edward.png

This right here is our little brother, Tommy; he's unashamedly dumb and we're ashamed of him for that, but we still love him. My name's Edward Thompson, and the "pervert" that you're reffering to is my big brother, Frank.

 

Frank was standing behind the tree, his camera lying on his shoulder.

 

frank.png

 

Oh-ho-ho! I can see that you're a tough one! You're perfect; I like my girls tough! Maybe we should hook up sometime; we'd make a great pair!

 

edward.png

Don't make me sic Toby on you.

The girl glanced at Frank, somewhat irritated by his persistence.

 

b0f9435a84.png

???: Not interested.

 

She returned her attention to Edward. Seeing as how he gave her his name, it was definitely her turn. However, to her, giving them her real name would probably be a bad idea, so she fell back on the usual plan.

 

de1283b471.png

???: Edward, huh? Name's Nemesis, nice to meet you. I can see that Tommy's...not the smartest guy, but I'll leave him alone for now. 

 

cd181951e2.png

Nemesis: Anyway, onto more pressing matters, would you happen to know where this is? I followed my friends into a portal they were pulled into, and it looks like something went wrong somewhere because they're nowhere in sight and I've lost pretty much everything I had.

 

She had a feeling he probably wouldn't know either, but it was worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edward.png

Well... who knows, Nemmy? I mean, considering I can warp reality, I could probably use my powers to help you find out where your stuff is...

 

Edward smirked.

 

edward.png

Trolling on the internet for fifteen years has its advantages...

 

Meanwhile, Tommy heard the mysterious person's words and walked over to Edward and Nemesis.

 

tommy.png

Uh, guys... I think someone needs our help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

edward.png

Well... who knows, Nemmy? I mean, considering I can warp reality, I could probably use my powers to help you find out where your stuff is...

 

Edward smirked.

 

edward.png

Trolling on the internet for fifteen years has its advantages...

 

Meanwhile, Tommy heard the mysterious person's words and walked over to Edward and Nemesis.

 

tommy.png

Uh, guys... I think someone needs our help...

And he lost her quick.

 

935ac0ad51.png

Nemesis: Umm...okay? That's...good, I guess?

 

She turned her attention to Tommy after hearing him speak, using this moment to drop the conversation with Edward and avoid having to get all of that explained to her.

 

cd181951e2.png

Nemesis: It's just one thing after another, isn't it? Where are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy put two of his fingers to his forehead, sensing where the person's heat was.

 

tommy.png

(points in a direction) ...he seems to be located over there...

 

Tommy smirked proudly, before playfully nudging Edward.

 

tommy.png

Told you those fire powers would be useful for something other then attacking!

 

Tommy playfully put Edward in a headlock. Edward smiled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

Tommy put two of his fingers to his forehead, sensing where the person's heat was.

 

tommy.png

(points in a direction) ...he seems to be located over there...

 

Tommy smirked proudly, before playfully nudging Edward.

 

tommy.png

Told you those fire powers would be useful for something other then attacking!

 

Tommy playfully put Edward in a headlock. Edward smiled.

 

Wordlessly, Nemesis ran in the direction Tommy pointed in, disregarding his statement on his magic. Upon spotting the injured male, she came to a halt a distance away, glancing around the area quickly to make sure nobody was around and in plain sight before giving him her full attention. She decided to try and use her poor and non-existent psychic skills and see if she could guess what happened before he could tell her.

 

d098efaf00.png

Nemesis: Let me guess...fell into a portal during a fight?

 

(@Sinjik)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OxyontheWolf

 

Location: ???

 

BGM: City Ruins - Shade of Light (NieR: Automata)

 

Their walk seemed to never end. This certain someone had to be found. It was their mission, one that could not fail. If it did, the terror it would fall upon the worlds were unimaginable. Either they did it or they did it.

 

iXkTeu8.png

???: Damn... I still have no signal of him here!

A4HADdU.png

???: Calm down, this won't end well if you get desperate. I'm sure he's OK, wherever he is.

jM4oAr2.png

???: Stay calm? I can't! I'm worried, this is killing me... there aren't any news from him for at least two months. He'd at least show up at Heaven and tell us how things were going for him...

kpoP4cl.png

???: Can't say I'm missing his stories. He's a really kind guy to be around.

HC2KBoo.png

???: We have to find him, no matter what. It's my mission, put to me as the Second Arch General...

 

Some of those under his command were pressuring about the location of this missing person. He had an important task under his control and it involved this one human... this friend of his. That's why he was so worried. Not only he had to prevent a certain catastrophe throughout Universes, but his own emotions were out of control somewhat.

 

oaxHOiu.png

???: You're not alone in this. Remember that I'm here too. I'll help you with all that I can, just like many times before.

J5ATjeG.png

???: ... I know... and you're right, I have to calm down.

zzvLMum.png

???: No matter what, I'll find him. Even if it costs me my life, but I will. Your help will be most needed right now.

kpoP4cl.png

???: You can count on me! I shall never let you down!

ZNfDanu.png

???: That said, we need clues. If we had someone else to give us some sort of clue...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The girl sighed. Great, another person who had no idea what was going on. It looked like this was going to be a common element, so reuniting with her friends and her belongings was probably not going to be happening any time soon. It seemed that she was going to have to get settled into this new world and ride it out until a chance to go home revealed itself. She closed her eyes, apparently thinking.

 

db406c2ff7.png

Nemesis: You aren't alone. 

 

After staying silent for a few minutes, she opened her eyes and slowly approached him.

 

de1283b471.png

Nemesis: May as well make the best of a bad situation. Where are you hit at?

 

If she was going to stay here for a while, she may as well begin making new friends, and it looked like this was going to possibly be the first one.

 

(@Sinjik)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sinjik said:

ezgif-4-9cb5e25065.png  It's on my side......

The girl removed a roll of bandages from her left sleeve and revealed a katar in her right sleeve.

 

de1283b471.png

Nemesis: You might wanna take your jacket off before I put these on you. It helps a lot more when they're applied directly to the skin since these are supposed to make healing a lot faster and less painful.

 

It was a good thing she had two more rolls to work with, but she wished she had gotten far more from her mother before going out again. She had a feeling she was going to run out of them at some point, and she wasn't going to be using them on herself. It was probably best to keep the others hidden, in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sinjik said:

ezgif-4-9cb5e25065.png  Hmmm, very well.

(The person removes his jacket).

The girl quickly wrapped the bandages around his body as tightly as possible, making sure to make them wrapped properly so that they wouldn't happen to unravel during a rather intense battle, or while he was running. Once she had wrapped a sufficient amount of bandages around his body, she proceeded to use the katar to cut them loose and proceeded to secure the end within the tight wrap. She examined her work once more, then nodded.

 

94a8369d8f.png

Nemesis: There, you should be a lot better in no time! You can go ahead and put your jacket on now if you want to.

 

She was also trying her hardest to not focus on staring at his body for too long since she felt that it may suggest something else to him, which she wanted to avoid; she already had her sights set on someone else. With that being done, she decided to quickly move to the more important topic. 

 

cd181951e2.png

Nemesis: Now, can you tell me if you've lost anything on the way here? I know that all of us wound up here by portal, but I might be the only one that has lost something as a result of coming here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now