PlasmoidThunder

GMᴜɢᴇɴ - GarchompMatt's M.U.G.E.N Videos

58 posts in this topic

Welp, I decided to cave into the view whoring scene BSKy1GJ.png

Few things to note:
-I don't upload on a regular schedule.
-This thread only includes M.U.G.E.N videos that use the GMᴜɢᴇɴ handle, none of my older stuff.
-720p60!!
-This post has six videos in it. Sorry for not making this thread earlier :P

Lemme know what you think :)

On 5/1/2016 at 4:10 PM, GarchompMatt said:

It's been a while since I last made a video. I've got the recording software all properly configured now, so hopefully I'll start putting out videos a bit more frequently :P

Cool!

I admit those new vids you posted look more High Quality then the rest :goodmood:

What recording software are you using for those new vids by the way.?

I used to use LoiLo, but I got fed up with it dropping frames almost every recording; the final straw was when this entire recording was perfect, but during the very last part of the fight, it decided to drop 30~ frames for no apparent reason. I imagine on a better computer, it runs wonderfully, but this laptop isn't overly powerful.

I now use MSI Predator, which comes bundled with MSI Afterburner, an overclocking utility. Because it doesn't detect MUGEN normally, I have to record as if I'm recording the desktop, which causes audio desyncs if I use the default .avi container; trouble is, while .mkv (the only other container option) doesn't cause these audio desyncs, it's not a format that video editors tend to support, so I have to use Handbrake to remux it to an .mp4 format, which I can work with.

MSI Predator may be significantly more complicated than LoiLo, but the reliability and output quality are what matter to me.

9 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

I used to use LoiLo, but I got fed up with it dropping frames almost every recording; the final straw was when this entire recording was perfect, but during the very last part of the fight, it decided to drop 30~ frames for no apparent reason. I imagine on a better computer, it runs wonderfully, but this laptop isn't overly powerful.

I now use MSI Predator, which comes bundled with MSI Afterburner, an overclocking utility. Because it doesn't detect MUGEN normally, I have to record as if I'm recording the desktop, which causes audio desyncs if I use the default .avi container; trouble is, while .mkv (the only other container option) doesn't cause these audio desyncs, it's not a format that video editors tend to support, so I have to use Handbrake to remux it to an .mp4 format, which I can work with.

MSI Predator may be significantly more complicated than LoiLo, but the reliability and output quality are what matter to me.

Awesome I need to check and try those programs out. I been kinda looking in to finding a good video recorder program for my PC. I need to start doing some mugen vids myself. :-P