MY PLAYSTATION BROKE!

Ryon

Well i was looking for some advices about me wanna xchange my phatty PS3 with a slim one and this is what i got : It depends on how much the fat was used and the conditions they used it on. I have a buddy who had a slim die just two weeks ago. He used it a lot for MW online. He was telling me his phatty lasted longer and he used it even more per day. His kids play on it and his wife as well. The YLOD problem wont go away since its the solder thats crap and it gets weak after so much heating and cooling - basically it cracks. Unless Sony starts using lead - which they wont because its toxic and certain laws would prohibit the sale in certain countries & states -they want consoles to be labeled as toys for law and tax/financial reasons. Or they can use a better cooling system- which they do improve over models- e.g the slim has a 17 bladed fan vs a phatty that has 15 blades. Advice would be - if you can trade it for a slim then might as well go for it. Why not? - unless you know its abused then of course not. You're really just depending on the fact that the Slims havent been out as long but they do YLOD - #rant - Sony really didnt do much to help the problem for the slim - besides the fan and it uses less power to run - but in return you get a smaller design that restricts air flow. The phatty was fat for a reason-just look at all the vents on that thing. The motherboard is pretty much the same size - they just chopped off vent space area and PSU space area for a smaller design and called it a day.

Guest Arknard Sieghart

Got a home console broke really sucks. My wii bricked last week, and now i only have 3ds to play. Now i will have to wait until Wii U launch to buy another home console!

My Wii Took harder hits to the ground more then yours and its still working to this day

• 3 weeks later...

well i technically have..

Wii (modded) , Sega Saturn (modded), Gamecube (action replay), Dreamcast (mod? Pssh FUCKING SEGA ROCKS)

I only have my wii modded so if ya ever wanna play brawl or last story lemme know i had the same issue on my 2009 ps3 way back glad my slim won't do that again.