Mugen 100% Hardcore

Flowering Knight

Hey everyone, finally making an actual post after about six years, give or take, all to archive this classic compilation that's very nostalgic to me and how I really got into playing and messing with Mugen all the way back in 2007. I remember being able to find this compilation pretty easily back then. Ten years ago it was still a reliable find, and five years ago I could still find it with some elbow grease, but it's all but vanished as of now. Either incomplete downloads or dead links were all there was to find, and only by finding exactly one person still seeding this was I able to get ahold of this compilation again.

As you might have guessed by the video quality (or the use of the EVE screenpack), this compilation is extremely old, from a time where people mostly didn't give a shit about what they were making and only did so to have fun, so don't be surprised if some characters are dishonest, broken, or straight up NSFW. I also can't stress enough that this is old enough to be using Winmugen, so expect lots of bugs, crashes, and potential issues on modern hardware and operating systems. The one I experienced most in replaying this, other than Winmugen's trademark frequent crashes, was the lack of ability to play music on certain screens. It's pretty clear this was made in the Windows XP days. That being said, despite, or perhaps because of all these negatives, it's a very nostalgic compilation: one that serves as a time capsule of what Mugen used to be like, and one that itself was almost lost to time.

[MEGA DOWNLOAD]

[GOOGLE DRIVE DOWNLOAD]

Could you reupload this to Google Drive? It's pretty hard to download large files on Mega.

Also, it is possible to do a NSFW character guide? I know it's a giant compilation, but it would be nice to know which characters has NSFW content so i can delete them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, snowy997 said:

Could you reupload this to Google Drive? It's pretty hard to download large files on Mega.

Also, it is possible to do a NSFW character guide? I know it's a giant compilation, but it would be nice to know which characters has NSFW content so i can delete them.

Google Drive link added.

After a bit of time playing only a character called xmix seems to be the sole NSFW character in the compilation.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have downloaded this big compilation. 732 chars, 168 stages and 68 mp3 files. The first thing I saw is the screenpack actually has the resolution 320x240 resized to 640x480 so the game is showed pixelated. I have moved all chars, stages and music to the 640x480 EVE Battle WinMUGEN version. Special thanks to CoolAnimeHustler for having found the screenpack files and a little thanks to myself for having merged the files with the engine.

If by chance someone like to download the EVE Battle WinMUGEN ver. (640x480) here's download link: (without chars, stages neither music) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwWWGrjCD37SaA53YOhBIQwgOrOUJyoE/view?usp=sharing