MUGEN 1.1 beta 1's AI problem

masterfu

Hi all

If you have never seen me before, that is ok, I am a really old member, been on this forum (and knew Ryon) since 2009, apparently lot of changes happened and my account on the original forum got deleted so I had to register for a new one in 2011.

Recently, I started playing MUGEN again, got all the Melty Blood characters as well as lot of Touhou characters from both this forum and MUGEN archive. I have found a rather strange feature that was not present in Winmugen. It is that after applying an AI patch to a character that does not have an AI to begin, when I try to play Arcade, Training, or Survival, the AI just takes over. unlike in Winmugen, this is not by random chance, it is a guaranteed event, the AI doesn't let me play at all.

For example, h_Mokou by isu, the character didn't come with an AI, after applying the AI patch by H_A_L_L. Putting the original h_Mokou.def doesn't work, the character will not show up in MUGEN, but putting h_Mokou_AI.def works, this is the version that has the AI patched, and will steal my control at the beginning of each match, and I can't turn the AI off.

Is this a new thing with MUGEN 1.1 or is there something wrong with the AI files? Those characters that has an AI implemented by the creator works great, I can control them at the beginning of each match, and when I face them in a match, it has a very challenging AI.

• 3 months later...

Some AI patches have the character be controlled by the AI only as the difficulty of defeating it might as well be borderline inhumanly possible. If you wish to control the character, there is a way to remove the automatic AI, and that requires editing the CNS, ST, or TXT files, which you may not have any experience in doing.
In reality, MUGEN is specifically designed to be AI vs AI fights.