how to create a falling projectile as a setup attack?

BennyJackdaw

Mugo Urth here. I decided to revisit Marion. I noticed he's a fairly weak Mugen character with short ranged punches and kicks, an uppercut move that keeps the opponent too close to him and attacks that don't do much damage. I can't do much about the range of his attacks without redoing his Sprite files, but I did increase the knock back of his uppercut move, gave his attacks a little more power, give his strong spin tail more range, and gave the super version the ability to send the opponent behind him as a means of getting out of a corner, even though his uppercut move can now do that.

I feel like I should learn how to give him a grappling maneuver as another way of getting out of corners (though his uppercut works instantly), but first, I am trying to give him a new ability. I am trying to create a move where he throws a star upwards off screen and then it comes back down after 3 or 5 Seconds to land in a designated spot, basically as a set up ability to use while an opponent is down, but I can't keep the star off screen long enough or else it will erase. I have the vertical velocity set to -20 and the vertical acceleration set to 1, and that will allow it to exit the screen for less than a second and come back down, but any longer it's off screen, and it erases, and the way I have it right now, it's not really the setup ability I want it to be. How would I go about doing a move like that? Do I have to create another projectile from where?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this setup can only be done using helper based projectile.

About the Helper sctrl:

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/helper-sctrl-1-0-1-1b-169754.0.html

Heres are some tutorials on how to code helpers (althou it's about coding strikers, it's also similar to how helper projectiles are done):

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/heavens/mugen_Helpers.ht