[3DS] Resident Evil Revelations

Ryon

Posted Image

Graphics : 11 / 10

- Not only are the graphics top notch and an amazing site to behold. But it offers 3 varried levels of depth for the 3D which make it a KEY feature in the game. Its the ONLY 3DS game that offers this option, and the only one to display such a powerful 3D look.

To top it all off, the game feels like a next gen console games. I could have sworn that several times i felt like i was playing on the PS3/360, The graphics are just that amazing from the tiny little things such as enemies melting, or oozing ozze falling from the vents.

Posted Image

Controls : 9 / 10

Im playing thru the game with the Circle Pad Pro. It felt strange at first but man its really great you really get the feel of the game and you soon to admire the game with unique controls. towards the begining after 10 rooms or so, you get the feel for it. It feels great , natural, and agian just like the console counterpart. the new "dodge" system is great, simply pressing up or B+up, just before your hit makes it a wonderful skill to master, and also makes all the boss fights possible to dodge all there hits, but requires ALOT of mastery. I have no real issue with the controls. it all works great.

Another hitter is the fact that once you hit the "ready" button your character automatically locks on to the center of the nearest target. if nothing is near by you aim where your looking.

Posted Image

Sound : 9 / 10

Spooky music through out the entire game with no rest what so ever. not to mention the build up at the final boss battle the music is GREAT. It really add's a extremely vibe of feeling hopeless and scared.

Posted Image

Replayability : 9/10

Not only does this game have New Game +, but it also offers "Raid Mode" which is unlocked by completeing chapters 1-3, which is an Online mode which can be played Solo, Local Wifi, or Internet Wifi around the world. Its sorta like Merceneries but better and it feels a bit like Resident Evil 2 Hunk The 4th Survivor/ Tofu. The game offers 3 difficulties (as far as i can see right now) Casual (Easy), Normal, Hell (Hard). There are alot of secrets which can be done but you mainly choose to do them based on your current inventory.. I wasnt so lucky with my bullets so i missed a bit, but i ran for my life thru the epic moments.

Posted Image

Overall : 10/10

This is definately the BEST game on the 3DS thats not a nintendo game, Offers the BEST graphics you'll see on the 3ds, has some of the best sounds, Will make you clock in at least over 10 hours, The action alone in it is insane. Online play i havent really tried yet, but it if its like the game it much be great.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANYONE WHO HAS A 3DS.

I just played online just now. and i'm impressed, its flawless, no lag what so ever, And i was uploading a video to youtube the same time as i played online. sadly my Circle Pad Pro has died.

• 2 weeks later...

your review has definitely sold me! but one question.. can you use the d pad to move . sorry i'm still with the old fogeys that hasn't 100% embraced the analog on resident evil (cept for 5 where it's your only option) lol

nope. Analog only, and trust me it plays just like 5. except BETTER.