How to Enable / Disable Block button / Back blocking

lekifer916

Question

Hey folks, I'm learning MUGEN Development for a project I've started; however, the character I'm using as a base / template to create new characters has a quirk that I want to figure out.

The character, has a dedicated Block button, and holding back to block is disabled. I have looked a lot for how to re-enable holding back to block permanently, so I can disable the block button setup, and I've hit a dead end. Could someone point me to how I can fix this so I can setup a template to work from?

I'm using Yeti's Ikkaku, which can be found here:
http://www.bwdyeti.com/mugen/

1 answer to this question

If you want some guard mode to implement all your characters U should make sure they share the same common1.cns file (in case state 130 was not in the .CNS )
otherwise it will have compatibility problems, the code must be the same for all the chars and must be in the same location, either CNS, a common file in the character folder or a common file in the System folder (data / data > mugen1)

; STAND GUARD (guarding)
[Statedef 130]
type = S
physics = S

[State 130, 1]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = Anim! = 130; If the character is not in this animation then the animation changes
value = 130

[State 130, Hi to Lo]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holddown"
value = 131

[State 130, Stop Guarding]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command! = "holdback" ; When the character stops pressing the back button it will change to the next state
trigger2 =! inguarddist ; it will also change state if the character is not at the specified distance in the opponent's constants (attack.dist / proj.attack.dist)

value = 140