Nintendo Wii U Information Topic

Ryon

Posted Image

Launches

HOLIDAY SEASON 2012 (Winter? Q4? Christmas?!)

Size

Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls

Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Media

A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output

Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage

The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU

IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other

Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

Posted Image

Console Related

Friend Codes will not be used for this console.

Console uses 25GB Proprietary Disc.

No Gamecube Support.

NO BluRay or DVD Playback

I'VE HIGHLIGHTED ALL THE INTERESTED FEATURE'S ABOUT IT.

This is basically a game of tag, 1 person is mario (holds the Wii U controller) and the 4 other players are Mii's.

This game is 5 players, Which is a first in a VERY long time.

Mario (Player 1) runs around (with a 15 second head start) and the Mii's (everyone else) has to work together to capture and grab mario.

This game although a tech demo and possibly may not be released, Looks VERY interesting and I wish i could play it.

Get ready for all the hot third party video games to get excited for the new Nintendo console, the Wii U. Get ready for everything from Tekken to Ghost Recon.

I could careless if it had DVD playback or Bluray playback by now. I mean I have like 4 devices in my room right now that can play DVDs and only one that can play Bluray. I don't need a new one. Also Team Ninja has said that they might include some stuff from the DS Ninja Gaiden game to the WiiU's version of Ninja Gaiden 3. It's interesting for them to point this out since this may mean that the WiiU will be a Console DS.

I believe as soon as the idea of having a touch screen on the controller, it literally became a CONSOLE DS. sorta of a shame really. But i hope the controller feels more comfortable. ALSO ACCORDING TO NINTENDO LIFE. Nintendo Wii U MAY get a name change. Similar how "Revolution" changed to " Wii" in the past.

• 1 month later...

I can see quite a few things by capcom including Resident Evil and possibly a SF game...I hope they are good though...I have been disapointed by SFxT a little but it's not too bad plus Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS was awesome.Finished it faster than I though!

• 2 months later...

Highlights.

• Controller is now Bigger.
  • Analog Sticks instead of Circle Pads.
  • Analog Sticks Click.
  • Video Chat and Text Chat (that's like Pictochat).
  • Wiimote, Nunchuck, and WiiFit Board compatible, Not sure if Classic Controller Pro is, but there is New Controller, The WiiU Pro Controller. which is the same as the Class Controller only with a WiiU Pad interface and the shape of the 360 controller.
  • Online Interface seems to be revamped a lot with Nintendo Network seeing how every game is supposed to have the Text Chat thing in them, for help and what not. Think Demon/Dark Souls You'll see people leave hints and what not for Levels or when you die and what not.
  • WiiU Controller can be used as a Remote.
  • Miiverse shows who's online and what they are playing.
Game Show Case I think shows off tomorrow.

from what i saw in the gameshowcase, i wasnt that impressed 3rd party wise, But i liked what i saw from the nintendo lineup. Nintendo Land, looks hella fun. I'll definately pick that up on day one.

I'm looking forward to New Super Mario U and Pikmin.

3rd Party Wise I'm going to get Assassin's Creed 3, Batman (maybe), and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

you'd suck mario's dick for a dollar.

I mean.. i like mario games, but seriously they need to add something more to him to make him more attractive.

like Mario 128...still waiting for it.

I mean.. i like mario games, but seriously they need to add something more to him to make him more attractive.

Dude I like the New Super Mario Bro Games. Though I'm not exactly liking The 3DS NSMB game.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how Attack Of The Show lied about saying, "The Wii U's Price will be annouced at E3". I watched all of E3 on G4 up to the Nintnendo press conference and nothing only games! Here what I have to say to the Media GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE ANNOUNCING SOMETHING!!!

Super Mario 128 was a test game when the Wii first came out! Nintendo came up with that name from the Super Smash Bros Melee event Match: Super Mario 128! Sadly Super Mario 128 was not released to the public Super Mario 128 ended up being one of those unifinished games that were shelved away and never mentioned again!

This wasn't the first time Nintendo kicked the United States in the balls, back when the GBA NES anniversary came games out Mario, BallonFight, Zelda, and Ice Climber were released but Murasame Castle was pulled from shelves do to the fact Nintendo feared Murasame Castle would not sell because it was similar to the Zelda series.

There were lots of these cases I guess thats why people hate Nintendo sometimes.

always find it funny how the game compenys are always trying to squeeze out more money from you whenever they get the chance such as the ps3 after hearing some of the horror storys when it first came out they thought it would be cool to take the ps2 emulator out of it so you cant play any of your old ps2 games what they didnt tell you is sure you can still play your ps2 games but you have to rebuy them from the ps store same with xbox 360 even tho it has a limit amount of some of the old xbox games it does not support all same go for vitia and now it looks like wii is doing the same iam glad i stop playing and having console games you end up paying more then what you get