The RWBY corner, predictions, fan stuff and MOAR!

StrongestPotato

So, to kick off the thread, answer me:   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, and I just got done watching ep. 2 as well.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's funny, but not really as much as I was hoping (to be fair, all we had was a teaser to go off of beforehand, so I don't really know what I was expecting). Still, I did get a few laughs out of it. "Now that's a katana!"

The characters are even more adorable than before, though, especially Ruby.

1 hour ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Yep, and I just got done watching ep. 2 as well.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's funny, but not really as much as I was hoping (to be fair, all we had was a teaser to go off of beforehand, so I don't really know what I was expecting). Still, I did get a few laughs out of it. "Now that's a katana!"

The characters are even more adorable than before, though, especially Ruby.

and Ruby's antics at cooking are my favourites, she is just the cutest little chibi there has ever been, but the true winner of Episode 2...

"Blake be nimble, Blake be quick, Blake needs to learn how to pick up after herself WHEN SHE'S DONE READING!"

• 2 weeks later...

VOLUME 1, EP004 - THE FIRST STEP

remember how I said I thought Jaune would be the comic relief, here's the reason of why he isn't: NORA VALKYRIE, who at first I thought would be ungodly annoying, but she proved to be a perfect foil for the gang, also, we are introduced to Lie Ren, who I honestly think BEGS for character development, he's the most generic member of JNPR and I feel for Monty's self insert, it's unfair

On 5/28/2016 at 9:16 AM, OxyontheWolf said:

but before, allow me to tell you my highlight for Chibi EP3

"Ice! :D (shoots Ice Dust) Fire! :D (shoots Fire Dust) Gravity! :D (prepares to shoot Gravity Dust, but suddenly...) WHOAAAAAAAAA (shot by the recoil)"

For me it would probably be when Jaune slaps Weiss's scroll out of Blake's hands, breaks it, and kicks it away just to hide his calls from Weiss.

22 hours ago, OxyontheWolf said:

VOLUME 1, EP004 - THE FIRST STEP

remember how I said I thought Jaune would be the comic relief, here's the reason of why he isn't: NORA VALKYRIE, who at first I thought would be ungodly annoying, but she proved to be a perfect foil for the gang, also, we are introduced to Lie Ren, who I honestly think BEGS for character development, he's the most generic member of JNPR and I feel for Monty's self insert, it's unfair

Yeah, Nora was annoying, but I thought there was something cute about her personality as well. I took a liking to Ren, but I'll admit I'm becoming increasingly disappointed with how they're handling his character, but we'll expand on that when the time comes.

I feel like JNPR as a whole was supposed to be comic relief early on. They're all socially awkward or clumsy (or both) in some way. Even Pyrrha was showing some small signs of social awkwardness and clumsiness early on. I even thought "I'm sorry!" was going to end up being her catchphrase.

On 29/5/2016 at 8:07 PM, Tony Redgrave said:

For me it would probably be when Jaune slaps Weiss's scroll out of Blake's hands, breaks it, and kicks it away just to hide his calls from Weiss.

Yeah, Nora was annoying, but I thought there was something cute about her personality as well. I took a liking to Ren, but I'll admit I'm becoming increasingly disappointed with how they're handling his character, but we'll expand on that when the time comes.

I feel like JNPR as a whole was supposed to be comic relief early on. They're all socially awkward or clumsy (or both) in some way. Even Pyrrha was showing some small signs of social awkwardness and clumsiness early on. I even thought "I'm sorry!" was going to end up being her catchphrase.

I wouldn't mind Pyrrha having that at this point (cries) but we'll get to that...later....and guess, what, the First Step is a two parter, so....

VOLUME 1, EP005 - THE FIRST STEP (PART 2)

• 2 weeks later...

Pyrrha! Anyways, we ought to continue, since it's been a while.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:28 PM, OxyontheWolf said:

I wouldn't mind Pyrrha having that at this point (cries) but we'll get to that...later....and guess, what, the First Step is a two parter, so....

VOLUME 1, EP005 - THE FIRST STEP (PART 2)

I love the opening of this episode. "Birdie, no!"

Actually, I just really like Ruby in this episode overall. Her trying to impress Weiss is really cute. And we got this out of it:

https://media.giphy.com/media/120NHscptl8ODm/giphy.gif

(I really wish there could be a clean loop of this)

22 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Pyrrha! Anyways, we ought to continue, since it's been a while.

I love the opening of this episode. "Birdie, no!"

Actually, I just really like Ruby in this episode overall. Her trying to impress Weiss is really cute. And we got this out of it:

https://media.giphy.com/media/120NHscptl8ODm/giphy.gif

(I really wish there could be a clean loop of this)

keyboard Ruby is best Ruby, also, plot twist, what if Birdie was Qrow himself?, because as we all know from Volume 3 finale Qrow can turn into a bird

Some Volume 4 info was revealed at RTX today.

Hide contents

Apparently, we're going to skip ahead in time a bit. Because of this, the characters are getting new designs. So far, we know what team RWBY's going to look like:

gwNEvi2.jpg

F6G6prE.jpg

O5D8gaB.jpg

xo60uGL.jpg

Plus, we're getting a new Grimm type:

OmDKGho.jpg

It will premiere on October 22nd.

Nope. I'm not actually there, sadly. I had to get the news from the panel's Twitch stream (which ended up having no sound), and from what people have posted and/or leaked online.

Yeah, that's two cons I didn't end up making it to this year. :donwan:

Anyways....I saw that. It was adorable! I also liked the I Burn and Eye of the Tiger mix that they used for the second skit.

16 minutes ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Nope. I'm not actually there, sadly. I had to get the news from the panel's Twitch stream (which ended up having no sound), and from what people have posted and/or leaked online.

Yeah, that's two cons I didn't end up making it to this year. :donwan:

Anyways....I saw that. It was adorable! I also liked the I Burn and Eye of the Tiger mix that they used for the second skit.

agreed there, but I don't get why Yang was so worried of her weight, was she watching DeviantART and stumbled upon WG fanart or something?

(WARNING, FAT YANG DEVIANTART PICTURE AHEAD)

Spoiler

comm__yang_xiao_wide_by_the_kappass-d9r9 Hey, if I was in Yang's place, i'd be thraumatized if I saw they drew me like this in some mainstream art website

and also, Ruby keeps being the cutest, I mean, she trying to find ways to bust open that pickle jar bought an instant smile to my face

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More Volume 4 news! It's about time, this thread really needed some discussion.

Here are some promo images featuring the characters in their new designs. You may notice one of them is a bit different...

CtTS8ClUkAE-_BW.jpg

CtUBqdGUIAAOlve.jpg

CtUBaK3VMAAc2P6.jpg

CtUCAbRUEAAhzGv.jpg

We're also apparently getting a new set of character trailers leading up to Volume 4. The first of which is apparently coming out tomorrow. The first one looks to be the same one that was premiered at RTX however, so if you saw the leaked recording of it (like I did), don't expect any surprises there :P

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2016 at 10:33 PM, Tony Redgrave said:

More Volume 4 news! It's about time, this thread really needed some discussion.

Here are some promo images featuring the characters in their new designs. You may notice one of them is a bit different...

CtTS8ClUkAE-_BW.jpg

CtUBqdGUIAAOlve.jpg

CtUBaK3VMAAc2P6.jpg

CtUCAbRUEAAhzGv.jpg

We're also apparently getting a new set of character trailers leading up to Volume 4. The first of which is apparently coming out tomorrow. The first one looks to be the same one that was premiered at RTX however, so if you saw the leaked recording of it (like I did), don't expect any surprises there :P

the time has come...VOLUME 4 JUST BEGUN! (also RIP Pyrrha, Roman and Neo)

On 9/11/2016 at 10:58 PM, Weiss_Circal said:

Pretty sure Neo's not dead.

she suffered Roman's fate, times 20, RT confirmed it on a livestream, she was eaten alive by Griffons as she was flying, to commemorate her death, who wants some of Neo's Neo? not poisoned, I swear