Trigger to count char's rounds won in a match?

MKImpc7R

Question

Something I've been trying to figure how to do, at first without variable if possible. What triggers do you use to count number of won rounds for the char within an Arcade match? i'm trying to run actions only when a char has won one round and is about to win the 2nd (when P2 life reaches 0 etc). But if the player doesnt win round 1, then round 3 has to be that time.

5 answers to this question

I was trying to do something like this once but got tired lol

you have to use a var because that sort of data will be reset at the next round, however if you use a var to store it and it isnt within the set range of vars that get reset per round, then you should be able to track the number of wins that way.

I'm not 100% on what you're trying to do, but you may need to track losses too. (then again !Var(x) may suffice in that case)

if you want this on for arcade mode, you may need to incorporate IsHomeTeam somewhere

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ishometeam-triggers-169132.0.html

I have IntPersistIndex = 58 on the char, so if I used e.g var(61) which is higher, it shouldn't reset? I'm trying to send an enemy char into a finish state like in mk for characters that dont share the mkp code, as right now non-MK chars dont get KOed. And im doing this by putting the code into the mkp chars, who are the only ones that cant KO the non-MK chars. I wanted to use a controller different from Hitdef but im not sure if there are others. I have to put the code in the MKP characters, the ABOVE triggers dont work tho, I dont see the enemy char sent to this 9001 state when I added variable.

Yes I remembered and corrected it, so I use var(59). I use it in statedef -3 and I dont get why the TargetState executes in Round 1. So the idea of my thread will be to figure out how to make it remember that it has to execute the TargetState only when the char has one won round. I can use RoundNo != 1 trigger but it won't help because if P1 (main player) made P2Life < 2 at round 2 and P1 lost round 1, then it would execute at round 2 which would be his first won round and in such case should happen in round 3 only. My triggers run the TargetState in round 1 and I dont know why. I did the second 'VarAdd' to be adding it after the first won round as Win should happen just once  but doesnt work to only happen after 1 won round.

[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = StateNo = 5900
var(59) = 0

[State -3, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
triggerall = Win
;triggerall = PrevStateNo != [9000,9010]
;trigger1 = P2Life < 2
trigger1 = Var(59) < 1
var(59) = 1

[State -3, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
triggerall = Var(59) = 1
triggerall = PrevStateNo != [9000,9010]
trigger1 = P2Life < 2
trigger1 = RoundState >= 2 
var(59) = 1

[State -3, Non-MKP Sent To Finish]
type = TargetState
triggerall = Var(59) = 2 ;in round 1 this value becomes = 2 already
triggerall = P2Life < 2
triggerall = statetype = S || statetype = C
triggerall = stateno != [9000,9010]
triggerall = prevstateno != [9000,9010]
trigger1 = NumPartner = 0
value = 9001
ctrl = 0

Adding this code is useless, though I was trying to see if I can count won rounds in a match for other purposes too.