Hitspark DIY issues

Gaulbetti

Question

I basically spent all day making my own hitspark set by putting sparks I liked from other fightfx files into one. I'm mostly happy with the outcome, but the misalignment, size, and animation speed on them are really bothering me. All of the animation for every spark is wayyyyy too fast. That, and they're a bit misaligned and very small, too. I took the fightfx.air from normal 1.0, and tried to adjust the Time via FF3, but it just made the beginning of the spark longer, the starting sprite stays onscreen for a little longer, then once again speeds through the rest of the animation. To help, I have:

-Sonic ring sprites as every type of hit. 

-I don't know where the light ground shockwave is from...

-Heavy ground shockwave was taken from those Mugen Super Wars lifebars by Anamochi.

-The water type effect Geese has around him in one of the FFs when he gets revived as the power charge effect. (I think...)

-Both wallbounces are a KOF explosion. Pretty big, too.

-Block spark is from X-Men: Children of the Atom.

-Level 1 spark is from SF III: 3rd Strike. These I need the most help with. It's the "absorbing energy, then thunderbolt over character" hyper effect, but the absorbing energy part is super fast, and the thunder never appears.

-I don't know where the Level 2 one is from, I got it from a compliation's fightfx. It's really transparent and hard to see in Mugen, though.

-I took the Level 3 one from Kamek's screenpack's fightfx.

The size, alignment, and animation speed thing is with all of them, though. Anyone know how to fix these 3 issues?

Everything close to me fades away. (Insert emoji here)

2 answers to this question

OK well to start off.

you need to know how fast the animations played before so set them right.

generally 3 ticks is a good start and changing 3 to 2 or 4 from there is what you need to do.

Alignment is something you kinda learn from experience, try to visualize a midpoint, from that point on all things will either move away or to it, and thats how you align even if the midpoint is NOT at the axis.

as for size, that's mostly your fault for picking effects that arent the same size. but if you REALLY want to use them, use the image editor tool in FF3 and scale it down by half.

- Characters -  / - Stages - / - Screenpacks - / - Lifebars - / - Fonts - / - Full Games - / - Templates -

I'll choose some different light ground shockwave effects and hitsparks, and I'll try the tick thing. Where would I go in FF3 to edit the ticks on them? Thanks as well.

Everything close to me fades away. (Insert emoji here)