Portrait Palettes

Veradrox

Question

Hello, could someone please help me clear this up. A small portrait 9000, 0 that portraits' palette is shared with what? Sometimes if I try to change or replace a small portrait I can just take anything, the characters' standing pose image, crop the head, reindex it and replace that with the small portrait in FF, and it works. Other times I try this same method and the portrait is either black or random colors in Mugen. Then it gets confusing when I try to learn about swapping or sharing palettes. There's a lot of palettes and a lot of ways to change around palettes, can someone clear up how this all ties in with small portraits thanks.

2 answers to this question

Ok so from what i've been told.

No the Small and Big portraits DO NOT need to be shared palettes.

This comes with a small lose.

When the images are not shared palette, and the character is set on fire or ice in the game, there portraits will NOT turn color as the character is.

but your method is the right method, find the stance, edit it to be the right size.

OH also you know it may have to do with positioning INSIDE the SFF.

older winmugen characters the small portrait is placed at the front, while current mugen 1.0 characters and up, the small portrait (9000,0) is placed at the back or in the number order.

Ok so from what i've been told.

No the Small and Big portraits DO NOT need to be shared palettes.

This comes with a small lose.

When the images are not shared palette, and the character is set on fire or ice in the game, there portraits will NOT turn color as the character is.

but your method is the right method, find the stance, edit it to be the right size.

OH also you know it may have to do with positioning INSIDE the SFF.

older winmugen characters the small portrait is placed at the front, while current mugen 1.0 characters and up, the small portrait (9000,0) is placed at the back or in the number order.

How do I add it into Fighter Factory unshared?