The Evil Within

Cayne

Yo, me and the mrs played the first chapter of this guy and let me tell you........................ Survival horror is making a comeback. First their was RE: Revelations then The Last of us fucking raged, but The evil within made me feel like I was in Texa chainsaw massacre meets Grave encounters. We had a great time with this game man. No weapons and the chainsaw dude reminds me of those epic Nemesis encounters from RE 3. Whats ya thoughts?

Whoa whoa whoa. When was The Last of Us supposed to be a horror game? I always thought it was more like Uncharted with a zombie-apocalypse theme. In any case, I can't comment on the game itself as I really don't like the survival horror genre. Five Nights at Freddy's is enough to make me not want to play them. What's the appeal as someone who does enjoy them?

Five nights at Freddy's was ok but not in my top ten. Im a horror fan across the board, George Romero's films check, entire Walking dead collection issues 1 - 133 check, several decades worth of horror movie knowledge check, Zombies ate my neighbors for the snes check lol. It wasn't until games like clock tower, silent hill, and the original RE did I truly get into survival horror. I loved RE series from first to code veronica on the Dreamcast and let's go ahead and throw in zero and the REmake. A lot of people say RE 4 is the best, but it's not to me even though it was good I actually like Leons campaign in RE 6 better (Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!) :noway:  but, its true. Also games like fatal frame 2 and dead space were cool but, nothing was like back in the day running through that mansion in RE not using any FAQ's to solve the puzzles, and playing with your friends. Every bullet counts, go for headshots, achieve the best ending. I was like 10 0r 11 when RE was released and let me tell you the shuffling and moans from the zombies sounded just like my dads snoring so process that lol. Was that sufficient Admin-Sensei?

Five nights at Freddy's was ok but not in my top ten. Im a horror fan across the board, George Romero's films check, entire Walking dead collection issues 1 - 133 check, several decades worth of horror movie knowledge check, Zombies ate my neighbors for the snes check lol. It wasn't until games like clock tower, silent hill, and the original RE did I truly get into survival horror. I loved RE series from first to code veronica on the Dreamcast and let's go ahead and throw in zero and the REmake. A lot of people say RE 4 is the best, but it's not to me even though it was good I actually like Leons campaign in RE 6 better (Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!) :noway:  but, its true. Also games like fatal frame 2 and dead space were cool but, nothing was like back in the day running through that mansion in RE not using any FAQ's to solve the puzzles, and playing with your friends. Every bullet counts, go for headshots, achieve the best ending. I was like 10 0r 11 when RE was released and let me tell you the shuffling and moans from the zombies sounded just like my dads snoring so process that lol. Was that sufficient Admin-Sensei?

Lol, more than enough. :P It's certainly interesting, but I don't think I could ever get into games like those. It helps to have liked them at a young age I suppose.

• 4 months later...

The Evil Within: Assignment DLC will be released on the 10th on March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LwPZutr2tI

"Taking the role of Kidman, The Assignment features an increased focus on stealth gameplay mechanics as you untangle the secrets of what happened to her and untangle the truth behind her connection with Mobius. Introducing new enemies and gameplay tactics, The Assignment sets the stage for the concluding chapter of Kidman’s Adventure, The Consequence, releasing later this Spring."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...