What's your favorite Samurai Showdown game?

BrawlTheMan

Samurai Showdown Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Somehow, my PSP works. I recently tried charging it, and the light went on. Might as well play all my old PSP fighting games, like Darkstalkers Chronicles:The Chaos Tower, Street fighter alpha 3 max and Samurai Showdown Anthology.

In speaking of the latter, which game in the series is your favorite?

My personal favorite is Samurai Showdown six. I found the AI easier in this game than in the other ones. I like a lot of the chars in it, like Earthquake, Wan-Fu, Tam Tam, and Gen-an, my favorite Samurai Showdown char and who also has possibly my favorite fighting game ending. It's funny and heartwarming at the same time. The final boss was tough, with a super move that kinda reminds me of M Bison's level 3 psycho crusher from SFA3. During the super pause, when he uses it while you're jumping, there's a brief moment where you PRAY that you're able to jump over it, and of course it hits you. To be honest, I never really played through the other games (except for 1) as thoroughly as this one.

So yeah. That was my favorite game. What is yours?

Same with me, Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden AKA Samurai Shodown 6.

Not only is almost everyone from the previous Samurai Shodown games playable, but I can even select between multiple modes, kinda like how I can select between Advanced Mode and Extra Mode in KOF97 and KOF98.

Said multiple mode selection really gives this game many plus points in terms of gameplay.

Samurai Shodown 2.  6-button setup instead of that crazy stuff that's been going on since SS3.  Fairly simple gameplay, I guess.  Great music.  But really, the biggest thing is that I never even got to play anything but SS1 or SS2 until uh...2005?  Owned SS1 on Genesis and SS2 for PC.  Never seen a SS3 (or newer) arcade machine in my life.  Never had any chance at all to get adapted to how those games play.

I had SS1 on my psp game "SNK Classics vol 1." The other ones I played on Samurai Showdown Anthology, also for the psp. How did six buttons work on the three button Genesis? I remember Street fighter 2 and Double Dragon 5 on the genesis had this system where you would hit the select button to switch between punches and kicks. There's always the use of a six button controller of course, so never mind. The genesis port of SS1 excluded Earthquake I think. Not that there's any big loss there, the big guy sucked in SS1. 

How did six buttons work on the three button Genesis?

I never used a 3-button controller for anything, but Samurai Shodown supported 3-button by means of having to push combinations.  I think it's...

AB = LK

AC = MK

BC = HK

Luckily, the special moves were all simplified (read: made more intuitive) so that you never needed to use more than one button (like f,hcf+LP+MK).

Luckily, the special moves were all simplified (read: made more intuitive) so that you never needed to use more than one button (like f,hcf+LP+MK).

I really don't like it when games make you press two random buttons for a super/special like in Fatal Fury Special or World Heroes Perfect (tho they are great games). I'm fine with wacky combinations, like one of Octohead's moves from C2: Judgement clay is done Charge back, RDP+punch. I was fine with that, in fact I'd like to give a future char a combination like that. It just annoys me when a move is like QCB, DB, F+LP+MK. It's so hard to memorize. QCB, DB, F+Punch is enough to me. That's why I like Mouser's WHP chars. They are far and away from 100% accurate, but the supers are done with one button instead of two random ones and the hero moves are done with 2 punch or 2 kick (depending on the move) buttons instead of being done automatically.

Eh, I'm going off topic. I'll just  stop right there :P

2 for me.

I really like the gameplay system in 6, but for me:

1. No blood or gore in 6 is what I don't like. 

2. Lack of stages.  For what there is they look nice though.

3. For me bad music.  I.E.  when the white house music played for the first time I heard it, I was fuck yeah.  Then, it changed to that     marching music,  I was like fuck....

You just talking about the game that make me like of the realm of struggle (it came out of the Google Translator, but I liked of "realm of struggle").

Played much Samurai Shodown 4, but the first is better for nostalgic value.

Even if no one asked, I'd love a Samurai Shodown with the Sam Sho 2 gameplay and the more serious story of the 3rd title.