Yo what is some good food in your countries/cities?

Werewood

So, what is some good food in my countries/cities?

I live in China and Chinese people like to enjoy some "tea times" at some "tea restaurants".
"Tea restaurants" offer not just tea but also good leisure food.

One kind of Chinese food that is commonly used for accompanying Chinese tea at "tea restaurants" is:  Dim Sum (中式點心):

XopBLZJ.jpg

Dim Sum (中式點心) is a nice food serving for either one person or more than one  persons.
One typical serving is usually put in a special container called Chinese Steamer (蒸籠):
lCNAsCK.jpg  * it consists of a base container and a lid cover
Actually its design allows one to stack up as many Chinese Steamers (蒸籠) as one wants:
hhlUVlD.jpg * when one is enjoying the top one, the rest at the bottom still keeps warm

Now, some Dim Sum (中式點心) I would like to introduce here:

- Shrimp Dumplings (蝦餃)

BsYp1xG.jpg

* flexible skin made of gluten-free flour, wrapping some shrimp piece, meat piece, and bamboo shoot that can neutralize the fishy taste of the shrimp

- Barbecued Pork (叉燒)

8VZuPQp.jpg

* using a fork-like too, grill some pork in a B.B.Q. style, adding some honey to bring out special chewing texture of the pork (most people like pork with good amount of fat, I myself prefer pork with less fat)

- Turnip Cake (蘿蔔糕)

HPGYtpO.jpg

* scrape some Turnip into very small silk-like pieces, adding some dried shrimp pieces, Chinese mushroom shattered pieces, and Chinese sausage cuts, usually put into steamers or fried pans (I like steamed ones more :)

- Steamed Bun Stuffed with Juicy Pork (小籠包)

SE9kbRf.png

* skin made of wheat flour wrapping inside there are pork and the more important soup, the soup is the soul of this Dim Sum (中式點心), one has to be careful when trying to swallowing the whole thing at the same time, because the soup inside the wrapping is hot~
* his Dim Sum (中式點心) design has standard in the making - a fixed number of folds with the wrapping skin

- Soya Bean Custard (豆腐花)

lquHHW4.jpg

* a dessert now!  Tofu made of Soya Bean, mixing with some Gypsum, can serve as some Chinese Jelly!
  one has to add some solid/liquid sugar when enjoying that, because merely the content there is not much sweet taste

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim Sum (中式點心) has many many types and kinds, the ones I listed above (some are my favorites) are just a very small portion.
Chinese culture pays big time attention to "shape" (形).  If you know about Chinese text and even Chinese Kung-Fu then you may have also already known, that many Chinese text and even Chinese Kung-Fu are based on "shapes" (形).
As a result, some Chinese food like Dim Sum (中式點心) can be made in different "shapes" (形) too:

viEvH9H.jpg

Oh about the "tea times" at some "tea restaurants", the tea serving is commonly used to give a neutralization to the Dim Sum (中式點心) because most Dim Sum (中式點心) is full of fat meat and oils.

Have you tried some Dim Sum (中式點心) in your China Town yet?

Here in San Antonio, we got some stuff that was shown on that show Man vs Food.

One place here, is place called Lulu's Bakery.  They got a big ass 2 lb. Chicken fried steak, topped with gravy, or nacho cheese.  And a huge cinnamon roll really big.  Really, really big.  Over a 2 lb big.

Next for pizza the size of a table.  No bullshit.  The size of a table.  Big Lou's Pizza.  This one pizza is for a whole family or a bunch of friends. For reals.

One of the most spicy burgers ever made.  Literally.  It's called the Four Horse Men Burger, it's at this place here called Chunky's Burgers and more.  This burger is really hot.  It's $20.00, it's so hot, that if you think you can finish it in under 30 minutes, it's free.

To even try, they make you sign a waver.  Here to see it for yourselves:

http://www.mychunkysburgers.com/

How hot?  I wouldn't know, I know better.  Though, person I was with, tried.  Dumbass...  A drop, A DROP of juice landed on my fries, and it was fucking hot.  And this is coming from me who likes spicy stuff within reason.  Guy I was with only bit into it 4 times and was done.

For a burger the size of a large pizza from Pizza Hut, there's this place here called Armadillo's.

There's a couple of places here locally who do giant tacos.  I don't mean like Freebirds burritos with Taco Bell tier ingredants, I'm talking homemade type style stuff.