Animaniacs (1993 -1998)

Galvatron

http://www.tv.com/shows/animaniacs/

(Even though this show is not exactly Anime but their Title suffix: Animaniacs kind of close to the actual  word LOL!)

Info:

"

Warner Bros. follow-up to Tiny Toon Adventures was a show even nuttier than its predecessor. It originally ran every weekday afternoon and Saturday mornings on Fox for the first season, then moved to Saturday mornings on the (new at the time) WB permanently for the remaining seasons. The two Warner Brothers, talky Yakko and Liverpool-accented Wakko, and their Warner Sister, Dot ("I'm cute") had supposedly been created in the 1930s, but their cartoons were too screwball for the general public. The three Warners (all black with long ears, but no distinguishable species or breed) were locked up in the studio water tower until they escaped in the early 1990s. Yakko, Wakko, and Dot ran wild around the lot, pursued by studio CEO, Thaddeus Plotz, security guard, Ralph, studio psychiatrist, Dr. Scratchinsniff, and Scratchinsniff's buxom assistant, Hello Nurse (who didn't really have to do much pursuing, if you know what I mean. "Hellooooooo, Nurse!"). The show spat out pop culture references and throwaway visual gags with machine-gun rapidity, entertaining kids and adults alike. Also popular were the many songs and song parodies that graced the program. Various shorts rotated through the program, and characters often popped up randomly in other characters' segments. Among the supporting featurettes: "Pinky and the Brain" were a duo of lab rats, one goofy (Pinky), one bent on taking over the world (Brain). The Brain's best-laid plans always went astray, but he kept trying with Wile E. Coyote-like persistence. This was the most popular of the supporting segments, later spinning off into its own series. "Slappy Squirrel" was an aged cartoon star with a cranky temperament, plenty of anvils and dynamite, and a nephew named Skippy. "Mindy and Buttons" were a baby and dog, respectively. Cute, but mischievous, Mindy perpetually escaped from some sort of baby harness, playpen, etc., forcing Buttons to rescue her, sacrificing his own body in the process. "Goodfeathers" parodied mob movies with a trio of pigeons. And, yes, there was a Godpigeon. "Good Idea/Bad Idea" was an informative segment starring Mr. Skullhead ("Good Idea: smell the roses. Bad Idea: grab the roses.") "Chicken Boo" was a chicken who masqueraded as a human Santa Claus, sheriff, prom date, etc., but was always discovered at episode's end. "Rita and Runt" were a singing cat and dog team searching for a good home (and food). "Mime Time" showed a hapless mime practicing his art, which inevitably led to some painful physical consequences. "The Hip Hippos" were husband and wife Flavio and Marita, always concerned about being fat. "Minerva Mink" was a spoiled, but beautiful mink model who made male characters faint in about every episode. "Katie Ka-Boom" was a moody teen who exploded (literally) when things didn't go her way. Colin told stories about his friend Randy Beaman and his family. The show ran five seasons of original episodes, then reappeared as part of The Cat & Birdy Warneroonie Pinky Brainy Big Cartoonie Show.They're zany to the max!"

One of my Favorite Cartoon shows from the 90's. Thanks to Toshio showing his wips and Artwork based from the series It made me want to watch the entire series from seasons 1-5. What made me surprised is this show had over 100 episodes (99 regular and one movie) and halved of them I never seen when I was a kid O_O

Though it had a good cast of characters but they was real picky on showing Minerva Mink but I guess due to her Sexual nature It might have been inappropriate for younger viewers at the time LOL!

If you want to see some of the show online you can watch them here:

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/animaniacs/

Note: Not all episodes will be available online

However the Show is available on the 'Hub Network' Channel:

http://www.hubnetwork.com/shows/animaniacs

Ralph The Guard had debutted in Tiny Toons, btw.

Come to think of it, he was! I just forgot what episode it is =P

Though I know Elmira made a couple Cameos in Animaniacs and the Warners couldn't deal with her which They had to use Mindy to get her attention to get her away from them LOL! that was hilarious :=D:

Thank you for your comprehensive information about Animaniacs!  d5f02ecd.gif

Now I know more about Animaniacs which is where Toshio's Dot comes from! 

>> If you want to see some of the show online you can watch them here:  http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/animaniacs/

Thanks a million!  Yet I don't see any subtitles so I don't have idea of what their talking is about.

Thank you for your comprehensive information about Animaniacs!  d5f02ecd.gif

Now I know more about Animaniacs which is where Toshio's Dot comes from! 

>> If you want to see some of the show online you can watch them here:  http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/animaniacs/

Thanks a million!  Yet I don't see any subtitles so I don't have idea of what their talking is about.

Your welcome Borewood ^_^

Sorry I was looking for a video site that has Substitles for the show but no luck. =(

Here is a comparison between Rob Paulsen, Ettore Zuim and Clesio Solto (brazilian voice actors. It's unknown the reason which Zuim stopped voicing Yakko.):

Comparison between Jess Harnell and Marcus Jardym as Wakko Warner:

Comparison between Tress McNeile and Marisa Leal (she didin't voiced Babs Bunny in Tiny Toon Adventures, Mirian Fischer did the role instead):

Here is a comparison between Rob Paulsen, Ettore Zuim and Clesio Solto (brazilian voice actors. It's unknown the reason which Zuim stopped voicing Yakko.):

Comparison between Jess Harnell and Marcus Jardym as Wakko Warner:

Comparison between Tress McNeile and Marisa Leal (she didin't voiced Babs Bunny in Tiny Toon Adventures, Mirian Fischer did the role instead):

Hmm! I see...

But their where Japanese Dubs for the series too right? I know WB had this show international. =P

Hmm! I see...

But their where Japanese Dubs for the series too right? I know WB had this show international. =P

Yes, Dot Warner was voiced by the same voice actress of Pikachu in international versions of Pokémon.

However, the japanese episodes available on web are all locked due country block.

Yes, Dot Warner was voiced by the same voice actress of Pikachu in international versions of Pokémon.

Oh! I didn't know that.. Thanks for the Info. :goodmood:

However, the japanese episodes available on web are all locked due country block.

Agh! I was so curious on how the Warners will sound in Japanese. =(

I've made this one for a laugh:

dot_cosplaying_uran_1980s_by_tetsuwanato

Quite a few episodes of Animaniacs can be watched outside youtube which still have some episodes.

Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnel and Tress MacNeile really wish to reprise their roles if episode production continues.

LOL! Nice! Dot looks more like a pre-teen. :=D:

Yeah it would be nice to have another series of Animaniacs but its up to WB to decide.... =P

LOL! Nice! Dot looks more like a pre-teen. :=D:

Yeah it would be nice to have another series of Animaniacs but its up to WB to decide.... =P

According to one of the creators she is physically 9 years old.

The Warners cannot age, so they keep looking like children.

Although, their minds matured, but they're still zany.

I drew this one for the April Fools:

and_the_warner_sister_by_tetsuwanatom-d7

Btw, the Warners had to deal with a annoying version of Jerry Lewis called "Mr. Director" and they made him deal with his bad sense of humor which made him run away scared.

According to one of the creators she is physically 9 years old.

The Warners cannot age, so they keep looking like children.

Although, their minds matured, but they're still zany.

Really!? I always thought Dot be like 7 years old( or Younger then Wakko).but like you said they cannot age however they matured by their minds.

I drew this one for the April Fools:

and_the_warner_sister_by_tetsuwanatom-d7

LOL! good one. :=D:

The one who voiced Dot is the same person who voiced Babs Bunny. (forgive me if I spelled her name wrong =P)

Btw, the Warners had to deal with a annoying version of Jerry Lewis called "Mr. Director" and they made him deal with his bad sense of humor which made him run away scared.

Yeah I remeber that episode it was funny how the Warners was dealing with him and try to get away from him as Mr. Director shows up out of nowere and keeps on talking.