Make a character AI only.

rockocalypse

Question

If I have character Y and I want to take the ability of it being human controlled away and have him just be his AI All the time, is there a universal way to go about it? Like a certain file or line of coding I can delete to make him be AI always? Or does the sort of thing vary from character to character? 

5 answers to this question

I think one of the common ways to achieve this is, to modify a MUGEN character's CMD file.

Take MUGEN1.0 KFM as an example, in his CMD file:

;Smash Kung Fu Upper (uses one super bar)
[state -1, Smash Kung Fu Upper]
type = ChangeState
value = 3050

triggeall = AILevel != 0     ; add this line to make this super move available when A.I. is in use
;triggerall = command = "SmashKFUpper"   ; comment out this line (using the ";" key) or remove the line to make this super move available to the A.I. only
triggerall = power >= 1000
triggerall = statetype != A
trigger1 = ctrl

trigger1 = random <= 30                ; add this line to tell the A.I. to perform this super move with a 30/999 probability, whenever it has control

or use a VarRandom state controller to make the random action happen more subtly and precisely
trigger2 = hitdefattr = SC, NA, SA, HA
trigger2 = stateno != [3050,3100)
trigger2 = movecontact
trigger3 = stateno = 1310 || stateno = 1330 ;From blocking

For the old winmugen MUGEN characters, the triggeall = AILevel != 0 might be replaced by triggeall = var(59) != 0 as var(59) is a commonly used MUGEN variable in the old winmugen A.I. activation, yet it highly depends on the MUGEN creator's/author's habit.........

Of course there are some other ways.............yet I think the above way is the most convenient one I could think of.......

So, for instance, this command is

;Throw Fire

[state -1, Throw Fire]
type = ChangeState
value = 1200
triggerall = var(40) = 0
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = command != "holddown"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

So to make it all AI I change it to
;Throw Fire
[state -1, Throw Fire]
type = ChangeState
value = 1200
triggeall = AILevel != 0
triggerall = var(40) = 0
triggerall = command = y (no more quotations)
triggerall = command != holddown (no more quotations)
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

trigger1 = random <= 30 

would these be the right changes to make the AI control the command in place of the human?

So, for instance, this command is

;Throw Fire

[state -1, Throw Fire]
type = ChangeState
value = 1200
triggerall = var(40) = 0
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

So to make it all AI I change it to
;Throw Fire
[state -1, Throw Fire]
type = ChangeState
value = 1200
triggeall = AILevel != 0
triggerall = var(40) = 0
triggerall = command = y (no more quotations)
triggerall = command != holddown (no more quotations)
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

trigger1 = random <= 30 

would these be the right changes to make the AI control the command in place of the human?

Perhaps my explanation was misleading.  Commenting out a line in MUGEN code is to put a ";" before any line so,

commenting these two (2) human-usable command code will look like this:

;triggerall = command = "y"

;triggerall = command != "holddown"

this way a human play can never execute the button "y" and hold down command anymore

and, before using the triggeall = AILevel != 0 line, you have to make sure you are using MUGEN1.0, or it will crash for sure.

last, the triggerall = var(40) = 0 line..........it suggests a condition requirement where the MUGEN variable #40 must be equal to 0

you need to investigate how was this var(40) used.  It could be anything - P2 is down, game time is less than 50, no helpers/strikers, a certain amount of hits made, some distance between players, P2's name not equal to "KFM"........etc........

It's never as simple as you think it's gonna be in coding. That being said, having the ; around the command means that the human can't ever execute the move from what Im now to understand. so what if I just add the ";" to every command to make them all non-human controlled? Will the AI automatically take over those commands?

(I am for a sure using 1.0. Im going to test my theory.)

Edit: My theory was terrible. all it did was make the character float to one side of the stage with no animations. I think this is way over my head XD

It's never as simple as you think it's gonna be in coding. That being said, having the ; around the command means that the human can't ever execute the move from what Im now to understand. so what if I just add the ";" to every command to make them all non-human controlled? Will the AI automatically take over those commands?

(I am for a sure using 1.0. Im going to test my theory.)

Edit: My theory was terrible. all it did was make the character float to one side of the stage with no animations. I think this is way over my head XD

OK, let's do it straight-forward:

- every time you see some lines that contains " command = "blah" ", just delete the whole lines

- without those " command = "blah" " lines, the only being that can control the MUGEN character is the CPU A.I.

And, things like " triggerall = command != holddown " (in your previous post you took out the double-quotation marks) can only make your MUGEN crash.