Coding/Design tips?

There's times where we often like to make M.U.G.E.N content, and in our minds, think it's good, nothing wrong with that, but when it's time to release such creation we have to live up to the fact it's not as good as we think it is, and people give us nice pointers to help us thorough our learning.

However, it's also nice to know them beforehand! And thus why I made this topic thingy. What do you think people need to have in mind when making a character or coding one?

This could also extend into stages and screenpacks, so if you have advices for those, feel also free to tell them.

- If a move is confusing and you don't know how to align or set the animation, do the move yourself.

- The above also goes for ABC or XYZ combos. Try to do the moves yourself to see if it feels natural or completely wrong.

- If you don't know the advance coding to make the effect you want, Try using smaller codes to give the same result.

Example.

Kid Goku, Years ago I made a Kid Goku who would turn to Oozaru and then Turn Back, To turn back now.

I would simply use a PalFX code to turn it white, and AngleDraw to shrink.

Back then, I had a PalFX code to turn it white, and I had 10 frames of him shrinking down to normal size. All in all Its just a few more frames of animation to give a nice effect.

- Good gameplay mechanics make a good character, Good Graphics do not make a good character.

- Using to many effects also makes a bad character, Its good to use effects to hide certain details, but do not have so many that its unbelievable.