Infinite Loli Factory - Seravy's WIP topic (newest:Nagato RC, Vanilla RC2)

Seravy

http://seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress/

http://seravy.x10.mx/Mugen/RC/

Sailor Saturn was completely redone, because new sprites were available for her. It's pretty much a new character, although she kept a few abilities from the old one.

Sailor Moon received a new super move, Moon Healing Escalation, and many new animations have been added.

Vanilla H received a lot of updates, and there are more mode options for her : Solo, Normal, Boss and Final Boss, so everyone should be able to select whichever fits their expectations the best. I'm surprised how many problems had to be fixed, fortunately, most of these were not particularly significant. The improvements to the AI are considerable, too.

As there are more significant changes than the usual startup time and frame advantage adjustments and bug fixes the other RCs had, I thought it might be a good idea to announce it and wait for more feedback. I'm planning to keep these characters in the RC status a bit longer than usual.

There are two open polls on my site, one for Moon and one for Saturn.

One more thing to mention, Aura received a new debug feature : She can display frame advantage and similar data like Stupa's Training, and in addition, she can also display the startup time of attacks, which Training didn't display! Combined with her already existing ability to force characters into specific states to execute attacks or display and alter their variables, she is a valuable tool for testing now. Additionally, debug mode is now enabled by default on her alternative .DEF file to further save time when debugging your characters.

It's been a while since the previous new character (unless I count Saturn as new), this time, I present you Alyssa Searrs of Mai Hime origins. She was first made for Mugen by Rakurai, and I found her only in December. I immediately decided that she'll be my next character, but I wanted to finish the updates to Saturn, Moon and Vanilla first.
Alyssa is a danmaku bar based character with average attacks all around, mostly on the fast but low damage side. However, she can charge power, and she can unleash the power of the satellite Artemis for an instant KO attack when fully synchronized with it. Synchronization level increases when the opponent falls down and it decreases if she falls down. Additionally, 1 point of synchronization is gained every 10 seconds. These abilities and her small size, which makes her harder to hit means that she is boss tier. She is somewhat of a one-trick pony, if you don't manage to fire the satellite, you'll have a hard time winning because her projectiles don't do that high damage. I'm not sure if it's good like this or her projectile damage needs to be raised, I do want to maintain emphasis on the satellite move, but maybe this is too much.
Her attacks themselves are not very different from Rakurai's version but the system is, of course. His version seemed to contain all kinds of god modes on various palettes, including the Null bug abuse to win before the round even starts, obviously there is none of that here.

The download is in the RC folder as usual!

Nice! Though I have to amit the AI of your characters are extreamly crazy. :confuse:

That's what the difficulty levels are for. I recommend 3-5 for common use, and 6-8 only for a greater challenge or when using stronger characters.

Just tried your Alyssa.  Very solid RC indeed!

And, your "Arrows Homing" MUGEN code........so advanced that I don't know how to follow!  5c745924.gif

Oh I like her forward/backward dash!  She looks so innocent that I don't want to hurt her at all during which JFBQ00203070420Acici.gif

• 2 weeks later...

New RCs :

Vanilla H RC2 : Lots of updates and bugfixes here again. Hopefully this time everything will be good enough.
Nagato RC : Lots of minor changes and adjustments, but nothing I would need to especially mention. This character didn't have any serious flaws, fortunately.

Vanilla H (RC2)
[bUGFIX] ? Fixed a possible superpause bug source : Angels now can't destroy themselves during the Superpause of the KO effect.
[bUGFIX] Fixed Super Hair Drill setting the invincibility of the opponent 1 tick too late. Also attack will now not proceed if target is lost in the first tick.
[uPDATE] Forte's bullet now only stuns for 60 ticks, and you can recover by fewer button presses
[uPDATE] Summoned angels are now stunned when being hit depending on the hitstun time of incoming attacks as normal character would.
[uPDATE] Forte summon now costs 40% bar
[uPDATE] Nanorecovery crouching animation no longer has invincibility. However, when already crouching, the full duration is invincible.
[bUGFIX] Nanorecovery : timer and bar no longer advances while it is being executed.
[uPDATE] Reduced Super Normad Spin damage by 20
[uPDATE] Nanoboost recharge time changed :  20 seconds, and it's no longer reduced by health
[uPDATE] Nanorecovery now costs 1000 power, does not require an active bar, and heals 180
[uPDATE] Nanorecovery now grants 1 defense when used below half health, 1 attack when used above, and no power. Random gains are removed.
[bUGFIX] Fixed Mint's bar to power conversion not giving power
[uPDATE] Mint now converts the bar into power at double effectiveness in Final Boss Mode
[uPDATE] Nanoboost now grants 1 attack level when your health is above 50% or 1 defense below, and 1 attack if the opponent has over 50% health or 1 defense if they don't. The random gain is removed. (This does mean that it is now twice as effective)
[uPDATE] Changed Hypercannon command from BDFb to DDb
[uPDATE] x and D+x now causes a fall properly
[uPDATE] Added 3 new palettes
[uPDATE] Adjusted dampening, damage and max. duration of Normad Spin. Also adjusted hit velocities for the second hit.
[bUGFIX] Hypercannon cannot be used when Milfeulle is already on the screen
[bUGFIX] Fixed Normad Slam and air kick not setting the fall flag on the opponent
[bUGFIX] Fixed Normad Slam not costing juggle points to use
[bUGFIX] Fixed Normad Slam not hitting attacking opponents (caused by leftover code of the long ago removed "Chance combo" feature)
[uPDATE] Changed eye laser animation to use a wider beam, allowing the attack to hit shorter opponents at a long distance
[uPDATE] Ranpha's attack is now interrupted by all hits not just supers
[bUGFIX] Fixed Super Eye Laser not having attackdist set
[bUGFIX] Fixed opponent falling to the wrong direction after Super Hair Drill

Nagato
[uPDATE] Increased startup of F+b (3->6)
[uPDATE] F+b is now more unsafe on block
[uPDATE] Charge minimum duration is 10 ticks (but you can still cancel into graze earlier)
[uPDATE] Changed standing up code (5120) to be compatible with Alyssa
[uPDATE] Standing "b" startup reduced, clsn1 extended, is +4 on hit instead of +11, and +0 on block instead of +3
[uPDATE] Increased startup time of standing "c" and fixed hitdef triggering 1 animelem later than necessary
[uPDATE] Reduced damage of D+c
[uPDATE] Reduced the active frame duration on D+a and D+b
[uPDATE] Increased the damage of air "c"
[bUGFIX] Reduced the hittime of air "a" to prevent jumping infinite
[uPDATE] U+b can now be activated and hit when the opponent if falling.
[uPDATE] F,D,b startup now has invicibility against normal attacks (NA). Added move to the readme.(it was missing)
[uPDATE] D,B,a now has graze while jumping forward
[uPDATE] Both DBa and DBb are now unsafe on block
[uPDATE] DDb is now unsafe on block
[uPDATE] Increased the startup time of the DFA projectile
[uPDATE] Throws (FDb and FDz) will now miss opponents during jump start(state 40)
[uPDATE] Various minor AI adjustments
[uPDATE] Power charge can now be cancelled into guarding (except during the startup).
[uPDATE] Adjusted the instant kill effect so it should now work against The Void without problems. Note that it does not prevent resurrection effects from working, as long as they cancel out the custom state, but it does keep killing the opponent periodically if they do not.
[bUGFIX] Power charge is now unavailable while the instant kill mode is enabled (as you can't gain power anyway)