Helper coding questions.

RockRage8962

Question

The questions I have are how does one code a helper to follow display an animation and follow the player around the stage without any delays or random warping from turning around? I'm trying to code in helpers for my Fighting is Magic styled Twilight Sparkle so she has her book with her without pasting the book sprites onto her regular sprites. If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Well to start off your topic does NOT belong in TUTORIALS.

it belongs in MUGEN HELP.

and second off. This is my idea of a basic helper code.

[State 0, Helper]type = Helpertrigger1 = roundstate = 0name = "Book"ID = 4600stateno = 4600pos = 0,0postype = p1facing = 1ownpal = 1supermovetime = 0pausemovetime = 0

now in state "4600" as i have it above , use whatever number you want.

I would include a code such as "bindtoparent" or "bindtoroot" then i would set a "pos" (position)

and trigger it to 1.

and it will be bound to the player at that point. to follow.

@Ryon Sorry about the misplacing. I was in a bit of a rush when I posted this and wasn't paying full attention to what I was doing. I would also reply in quote, but this website is bugged and won't even let me copy and paste on my end for some strange reason. Anyways is it possible to change the animations displayed using this type of Helper code for different character animations?