Uran vs Dot Warner

Toshio Tenma

Uran 1980 vs Dot Warner:

Posted Image

I was watching episode 49 of Shin Tetsuwan Atom and noted that particular scene of Uran which the lyrics says "Cuter than flowers!"
Both characters have a couple of similarities, as they get along with animals, are cute and they're the younger sisters.

Design wise they share the "v" in their forehead and have a slightly similar hair style.

While Uran doesn't quite bother about asking people if she is cute (though the only exception would an argument with a copy of herself in episode 30), Dot insist about the cute one while few people agree with her.

I tried to find a similar pose of Dot, but the only thing which I could find was her holding flowers.

Uran 2003 vs Dot Warner:

Posted Image

a) Dot is not pure of heart due the fact she is zany and likes to pull pranks whenever she gets the chance.
She may also get extremelly violent if provoked, better not call her "Dottie".
But, there are times which she is at peace leaving her negative thoughts away.

During these times, wild animals may come near her without fear.

It wasn't quite explained if Dot's zany nature also contributed with that ability.

b) Uran is a robot made with the ability of understanding animals, how she can do that, wasn't explored.

However, there are plenty of possibilities like discovering what's wrong with a certain environment and also learn the reason which the animals are sick.

She could also know why a dog is depressed and even ease the fear or the anger of a lion (as seem in Urasawa's Pluto).

Uran loves animals dearly (mostly seem Mighty Atom 2003 series and Urasawa's Pluto), however she have a innocent and pure attitude which she preffer to let them free without grabbing them by force.

She was even seem with a squirrel walking happily in her arms in episode 17 (original order).

That also make her the opposite of Elmyra Duff who thinks she should squeeze animals instead of leaving them at ease and in complete freedom.

Who wins?

• 2 weeks later...

I say Pretty Similar

Dot is faking but at least it shows how caring both her and her brothers are to each other even if they're "zanny "

Uran is welling to give up her life to her brother even if shes a robot. (which she can be repaired of course)