So, I was banned from Astro Boy On-line forums

Toshio Tenma

I've been banned from Astroboy On-line forums. I wished to talk about Atom's perseverance about being a child like robot and try see if someone else agreed with me. However, Aprilseven started censoring my posts and eventually banned me. I commented the issue with a member who got his topic merged with mine and he agreed that having someone censoring posts was a bad thing. However, what will happen with that forum if Aprilseven start to censure other users who also agree with me? Will them stay even knowing that they may be censored or they'll try another board to post? It's fine if Aprilseven like the idea of Atom turning into adult robots, however it's tyranny of her censoring people who wish to talk about aspect of the manga and anime which shows Atom and Uran wishing to keep being child like robots. I don't care if Aprilseven wish to dream about Atom and Uran becoming adult like robots, what matters is asking opinions of people who do agree with me. Since she want to censure me, she have no right to talk about respecting other people's opinions at all. One day she said that we are not forced to agree, however what she did is completely contradictory.

Censoring posts is not the same as forcing people to agree with you just because you're an admin?

I think that administrator is taking internet way seriously to censure other users posts just because they tried to talk about something which she disagree.

Well, we are not forced to agree with each other, but censoring other people's opinions and different beliefs is way over the top.

You've got a good point. Why should our opinions be shunned by those who don't think alike?

It's revolting that attitude, because what I wanted to discuss was based in the series OWN canon.

And after reviewing the message related to the ban, the one who banned me was Astro Forever.

Making abuse of power in a forum just because a user wanted to talk something based in the series canon is pointless.

There are other users WHO AGREE with me.

Posted Image

To clarify things: One day, I've made a topic about interesting topics to discuss about Mighty Atom series. Then, AprilSeven said she apphroved the idea of Atom and Uran growing up. She also suggested me to create stories about it, however I never supported that idea. Because, I felt it didin't made any sense. I even had watched "Eternal Boy" which is a episode which Atom likes the idea of being a robot who cannot growing up and was a inspirating tale. Because, his human friends tould him that they would keep being his friends no matter if Atom cannot grow up like themselves. I also realized that what made the character wish to be a child like robot forever is perseverance. There are people in this world who are happy of living even with a crippled body. And there is also an artist who is working even after suffering of degenerative sickness. So, I believed that Atom could be a good example, after all he can't just change bodies just because he can't grow up physically. I've also read an story called "The Man Who Returned From Mars" which Atom prays to stay being a child like robot forever, because he was designed to be a child model robot and wanted to stay like that. I wanted to discuss that matter more, because it was inspiring perseverance. However, the admins of the forum started to censure me, they edited comments claiming it was offencive, removed topics and merged a topic of another user with the "Perseverance" thread which I had made previously. But, my reply was deleted. I also tried to discuss a topic which robots should not envy humans, but once again the admins took it as a offence and it was deleted. To make things worse, I was eventually banned. That topic was made, because in two stories of the mangá was shown that Atom was envy of humans because he could not feel fear. So, he requested a upgrade which made him experience fear, however it made him turn into a "scared cat" and in the end he learned that he should not envy humanity and instead he should aim to be a great robot instead. Well, that topic was based in a canonical fact and was removed, does that made any sense? It don't matter if Aprilseven wish to defend the idea of Atom Uran turning into adult like robots, she still have no right to force people to agree with her. She tould me once that I am NOT forced to agree, but the abuse of power made by the admins contradict her OWN words. Banning users for wishing to discuss a subject based in the series OWN canon is completely pointless and unreasonable. There are other users who agree with me and she can't just forbid them of discussing that is better for Atom and Uran keep being child like robots. Otherwise you're disrespecting both the message of perseverance and free speech. And with this you'll only give a very bad name for the Astro Boy On-line forums. Since she is not forced to agree with what I posted, she still have NO right to force me and other people to agree with herideas. Keep it on mind. I may have been banned, but the ban cannot silence me from discussing about Atom's perseverance and the fact nobody is forced to agree with her ideas.