Broly - 24 Jul 2015

BoyBoyz

i saw where Ryon said this in another post. maybe thats the problem?

in anycase.

in the characters palette on the SFF.

it has to be

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 1

Group 1, Index 2 , For Pal 2

Group 1, Index 3 , For Pal 3

Group 1, Index 4 , For Pal 4

Group 1, Index 5 , For Pal 5

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 6

for the pals. if you do not have group 1, index 1, it usually gives that error.

I have no idea how to go about fixing that. I'm a palette noob. Please help me fix the palette issue using the new updated file with the following updates:

I have totally nerfed Broly's toned down version. He loses almost all his projectile invulnerability and nothitbys.  Only some signature normal moves (eg, uppercut) have 1 frame of invul startup. The special moves have selective nothitbys, for eg, the stomp move has some invul when floating up. His fullscreen super only has invulnerability after 10 ticks, meaning u can hit him out of it at the start (before he finishes saying ki ga takamaru).  His DFDF+x and DFDF+y supers have nothitbys reduced.  Only the super dash (DBDB+b) and super combo (DFDF+z) still remain fully invulnerable as they are very easy to spot and dodge. Many more nerfs/fixes.

And, I have combined both OP and toned down version in one file.  Just change the character name in select.def (BrolyBoss or BrolyNormal) and folder name accordingly and the displayname in the select screen will reflect Broly B (boss) or Broly N (normal).  

If he still needs to be nerfed further, let me know your suggestions. Enjoy!

EDIT: I just added more nerfs in.  his ki regen rate is 1/4 of what it was, using shield costs 150 power, hp = 1000 and def 120, etc.  reuploading.

The bug was, since i combined 2-in-1, I failed to update the Boss version with the updates made in toned down version, hence the boss version had some weird things going on with some moves.  

This has been fixed.  Boss version gains a few more nothitbys (that I feel are necessary to be bossy), and normal version is quite nerfed already.  Sorry for the delay.  Enjoy the stable version.

You guys probably already know, but for those who dont, you can select both versions of broly by using this in the select.def: 
BrolyNormal/BrolyNormal.def
BrolyNormal/BrolyBoss.def

Will look to MAYBE reduce the transformation intro time.

i use 'beyond compare' to know what changes you just made, or notepad++ with compare plugin

beyond compare is very useful for mugen user it can help you prevent bug with updates you made.

i saw where Ryon said this in another post. maybe thats the problem?

in anycase.

in the characters palette on the SFF.

it has to be

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 1

Group 1, Index 2 , For Pal 2

Group 1, Index 3 , For Pal 3

Group 1, Index 4 , For Pal 4

Group 1, Index 5 , For Pal 5

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 6

for the pals. if you do not have group 1, index 1, it usually gives that error.

how about you share the sff patch made by yourself

So, I'm also posting this here because I'm a MFFA member too!:goodmood:

OK:

The color separation patch, I am using SFFV1 because the V2 is not my thing:
In the Teeth/Mouth row, from left to the right, the 3 first slots are for the teeth, the 4th is for the tongue and the 5th for the mouth.
Broly_Pal_template.png

Download

These are excellent, but one problem is that certain explods lose the colour or are not there anymore.  Ive fixed 4-5 of these missing sprite problems!

Separately, I've uploaded the new broly with 12 new palettes and fixes to Dan's .SFF patch.  These 12 palettes are selected by me, but all the other palettes posted as files so far are in the "Palettes" folder.  Enjoy!  And thanks to the palette makers! Now All that's left are Flowrellik's  4 new SNK Bosses palettes!

Normal Broly also starts with 0 Ki instead of 3000 now. 

Fixed the palette issue.  The 17 July Broly has 48 palettes (including the original one) !!!!  My main selections for the character itself are:

pal1   = Palettes/Broly.act  ;Palettes (can have up to 12)
pal2   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-Movie 10.act
pal3   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-SSgSS Goku.act
pal4   = Palettes/Alther/Alther_DeepDramatic.act
pal5   = Palettes/ZombieBrock/Tuffel Takeover.act
pal6   = Palettes/ZombieBrock/Demigra.act
pal7   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Magaki.act
pal8   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Orochi.act
pal9   = Palettes/Flowrellik/Mukai.act
pal10   = Palettes/QuickFist/QuickFist-4th Raikage.act
pal11  = Palettes/Flowrellik/Berserker.act
pal12  = Palettes/Flowrellik/Oni.act

Was messing around and accidentally created a bug - standing punch (button B) has no sound or rock explosion when p2 hits the wall.  This has been reversed.  For those who downloaded while the bug was up, sorry lol.

The non- bugged version now has the word "Final" in the filename.

Due to a few reasonable requests, Broly's air dash (state 116) is now not infinite.  He lands after 60 ticks of holding forward in the air.

For those who know how to code characters, just add trigger 3 to this changestate in statedef 116 in common1.cns:

[State 116, 4]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time > 8
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd"
trigger2 = animtime = 0
trigger3 = time > 60
trigger3 = command = "holdfwd"
value = 117

For those who don't, re-download the whole file pls haha. 
https://www.mediafire.com/?nj7cy40c855o3cu

Added a little tweak: 
Normal Mode
1. Each regular teleport (direction+y) costs 50 ki now.
2. Each hit cancel into teleport can only be done at 400 ki.

Boss Mode
1. Each regular teleport (direction+y) still does not cost any ki.
2. Each hit cancel into teleport can only be done at 400 ki.

Also changed the command for air chest fireball dash & air dash grab into:
1. DB+x (dash grab air)
2. DB+b (chest fireball dash air)
To make the performing of diagonal teleport in air easier

EDIT: I've did some testing, and updated Normal Broly's ki gain to 2, instead of 1 (Boss Broly is at 4).  This is because he's often dishing out damage and using the ki shield or teleporting, all of which consume ki, such that he doesn't even have time to regen any ki before the enemy is dead.  

You gain ki by not attacking. You even gain ki when getting hit. 

Found a bug from watching a video (at 9min 30 sec) of Broly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42vG_qEeRqw

After the nerf, Broly could be hit after he launches the fireball in (DFDF+y).  If the fireball hits and explodes, he would automatically enter state 2360 if he wasn't being hit, and this is where the bug is.  

Fixed this minor issue by making broly change to state 2360 regardless of movetype = H.  This should solve it, though I never really tested it as the bug only occured in a hard and tedious to recreate 1v2 situation. 

Narrowed some unrealistic red clsn in anims 420 and 601 along the way.

Not necessary to re-download if you dont have the time.  I'm just noting down my own errors.

• 1 month later...

Finally someone who likes OP versions.  Precisely, I made Broly and Aizen OP because there are so many OP characters out there and I need to match up with them.  Nevertheless, it's great keeping a roster of normal characters for normalized battles and so I recognize the need for a toned down version, which can't 1-hit kill anyone at the start of the battle anymore.  The toned down version will hopefully have more reduced i-frames soon.

Hello, congratulation for your nice work,awesome Broly, I want to know how can I use your broly in winmugen? is there any option?