chuchoryu Release Multiple characters/updates 5/9/14

Lord Batros

plain  & simple we can put the Necro Bump Thing to rest..............Their are No rules against Necro Bumping at MFFA, we dont care when or how u do it, except in news , we only like those to be bumped when an update is done ,ect , so even if this was a 5 year old topic, its not against the rules to do so ,if we had a no necro bump rule, or a variation of 3/4th's of this site would be needing deleted  :=D: , so just calm it down  some k guys , its really not that big of a deal 

plain  & simple we can put the Necro Bump Thing to rest..............Their are No rules against Necro Bumping at MFFA, we dont care when or how u do it, except in news , we only like those to be bumped when an update is done ,ect , so even if this was a 5 year old topic, its not against the rules to do so ,if we had a no necro bump rule, or a variation of 3/4th's of this site would be needing deleted  :=D: , so just calm it down  some k guys , its really not that big of a deal 

But that's the point I was talking about this whole time. Reviving a thread for nothing but to argue semantics is a wrong. I said it already, only bump old topics in the news section if you're giving news and updates. The relevance of argueing semantics over an old topic is not news material. When I saw the old topic being dumped I tought it was an update, but it was just someone randomly arguing some dead subject.

It's like that guy a few months back that went on every single topic and posted just: "Thanks for the News". There where months old topics back at the first page pushing down the real news because someone bumped old topics for no reason. The guy was reprimanded. So it's wrong, period.

I'm not against bumping old topics, but this section is not the place to bump old topics for fun or to revive old arguments. People use this section to get updated, if you want to revive the subject, go to any other section and do it. It's that here is not the place.

that being said.

i've never made a rule about necrobumping.

I've always considered a post regardless of age, a post.

and for me posts (and people making them) are the most important.

I havent checked NEW's in a long time and I'm glad Chuch is updating his characters I just wish It was more.

or at least I wish he would elaborate on what he fixed.

Beserk, why do you use the term necro bump so loosly?

Only if you bump a thread, that is older than 30 days, only then it is considered necrobump.

It is a standard for all the forums.

I'm using necrodump here, because in the context of this section nine days is a lot of time. This is the news section, depending on the week, a post can go to the second page in the spam of a few days. So if you are bringing old topics back to the top of the first page for nothing but to restart a dead discussion over something mundane, you are actually making it harder for people to acompany the news, and also pushing relevant news down.

And check the dates, 9 days is the time that the topic stayed dead/innactive, not that it was created. It's a half a month old (17 days) topic already.

Just because those last 2 weeks have been slow, it doesn't mean that you can't push really new topics to the second page on other weeks. If you have people who visit the site on a weekly base, in some weeks you deciding to dump an week old topic can actually push another unread topic out of the first page, and since the forum have an automatic "read" function for any topic that is more than 5 days inactive, it actually makes someone pushing old topics back to the top actually pretty problematic, because not even the system helps you keep track of wish ones where updated or you haven't read yet. Just so you can have an idea, the only older topic in the first page is actually some random post saying "wow another snake" on an even older topic, there are 2 completely useless 2/3 weeks old topics with the newer being atleast 5 days older than the legitimately left topics in the first page. They aren't helping anyone.

I already moderated an emulation forum (supervising the support/help section) and I had to create this police there because people kept pushing old topics back to first page for no reason and pushing new topics down. It made keeping track of the new topics, and actually made solving most of the users problems impossible because no one knew when there was a new topic, and randomly dumped one, a dumped one with updates, a repeated post, etc, etc, etc. People with legitimate doubts and problems where left unattended and problems that where already solved or atleast closed where again back to the first page for no reason.

So, there was a lot of people that needed help and where just pushed to the second page because someone decided that their useless 2 weeks late rebutal was the best thing in the world and could not "go to waste".

If it was in any other section of the forum, I wouldn't even mind. But it's the news section that we are in right now, I use it primarily as a source for news and releases, and a chat comes in second place. If someone want to only chat and not talk about the news, he should go the other numerous sections that are actually all about chatting. It's fine to chat when a news topic is first released, but when the news are already cold and there's no one interested in keeping the running subjects afloat, you should let it sink into the archives, not bump it because you believe you have a wonderful new insight on the word "work".

I know that it may sound too overblown from my part for saying this, but if you people believe that chatting is more important than a functional news section, so why even bother having a news section at all? Post everything in the main forum and have fun filttering out the updates. People need to learn that some things must be useful and functional first.

its the nature of a forum, people will reply when they have something to say.

i had something to say when i did, 9 days later, mainly because i don't come here often. don't like it, don't read the topic. you want to make up rules for a mugen forum's news section, then either find a way to take over mffa, or make your own mugen forum and have a news section where you can make the rules.

and i'll say it again, there is often off topic stuff in this section. has happened for yrs and will continue to happen because that is the nature of a forum as proven by this nonsense that began all because you were trying to say 9 days is a necrobump. had you not said that and left my reply as is, pretty sure there would not have been a reply after.

I'm fine with it Volz, what I'm asking is just more common sense. Since you want so much to have this right, I'm not the one to take it away. I'm just sharing my personal wisdom from past experiences. I know the kinds of problems this type of behavior brings to this kind of section. Since I like MFFA I want everyone to have a better experience, like everyone else here.

So I just ask people to atleast think of it. Use common sense when replying/posting and everyone will be okay. Now I will forget this thread and move on. Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone.