How to Show Opponent's Victory Quote after losing in Arcade Mode?

luckylavs

Question

I'm running Mugen 1.1

I already know how to add various "Victory Quotes" for my characters

And when my selected character wins in arcade mode, the quotes I inputted will display--no problem.

But when I lose ... my opponents character's quotes do not display.

Is there a way to have a similar type of screen display after I lose -- i.e. before I get to the continue screen -- which has my opponent's image and its victory quotes?

Or if that doesn't work:   is there a way I can place my opponent's profile/victory quotes somewhere on that continue screen...

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Okay... then forget about my opponent displaying any of mugen's random "victory quotes" -- doesn't sound like its possible.

Instead of that, what about displaying a special screen after you lose to your opopnent?

I've seen this before -- I downloaded a character 00naro (nakoruru)

When you lose to her -- It will display a special character screen after the fight -- it has her face and says somethign like "To be continued"

Anyone know how to do that?  Because I figure if I could use a screen like that, I could just put in the victory quote that way as a workaround

It's probably coded into the character herself.
If you want this for every character, I'd personally say it's not worth it... Unless you have a lot of patience.

I don't know how custom victory screens are coded, but maybe you could take a look into the character's code to see how the author did it.