character flies away after getting hit

GX7-BLADE

Question

On 6/3/2016 at 8:30 PM, RobotMonkeyHæd said:

-In kotal kahn folder, open file sp.st
-search for "p2stateno = 21238"

-replace it with ";p2stateno = 21238"
-there should be 2 of them.

This should get it working.  In the patches code, there's what I'm guessing is a "stumble back" state that the basic attacks are all meant to send the opponent into.  That's state 21238.  The projectile is also sending the opponent to that state, so it probably isn't supposed to have any special stun, freeze, dizzy effects etc, so that shouldn't be a worry. 

There's also enough care taken in setting the hit velocities and such in the hitdef that it looks like it was coded with the possibility it being used outside the mkp in mind anyway (though a slightly flawed method was used to hold the door open in the projectile).  That's my guess anyway.

there was quite similar case with broken Kotal Kahn from MKP 2016 back in the day. using the hint I was trying to fix Shao Kahn from 2016 replacing all states 21238 but it didn't helped in this case. the thing is that it looks like any attack that would make him stagger back makes him float away the screen which makes the character quite unplayable and that's a shame because it's a nice piece of work.
could any1 figure out how to make him stop flying away when he gets hit? here's the archives' download page:
https://<BLACKLISTED URL>/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=17192-shao-kahn-2016-converted-fly-le-n-phoboss-gabriel-cheban-borg117

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet