M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat 11 (WIP)

MKImpc7R

New Mortal Kombat is on the rise, what does that mean? new M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat project based on the latest.

I started M.U.G.E.N MK with customizing existing old MKP, then my first specific project was M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat Armageddon back in 2011/12. Pity that when I needed stages, characters from more recent MK's or MKA they were nowhere to be found only those modified MK3 chars, now there are MKA, MKD stages, some more characters that would have been great for that. And since these stages and chars are not relevant for newer MK's and I have no plans to use them, pity for '3D' chars like Blaze or Onaga, Hotaru and others when for so long I was using the old imitations of them.

M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat 9 thanks to Maxi's screenpack was overall made and used and entirely complete. I was starting to work on MK9 stages but ended up with temporary ones, never made them properly.

M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat X, I started with the main menu and FightFX, then I kind of hand no time for it, years passed and making the MK9, MKX stages still remain for all these new MK's where they would be relevant.

Too bad for Goro MKX and so well made Corrupted Shinnok (cant be in MK11). So, any new chars like MKX, MK9 (yay for Kintaro) or MK11 are more than welcome! I myself will add sprites for Cyrax (LK-4D4) Triborg but can't code chars. (have to find out how they made Torr on better background to apply the same method)

This is where there's no label for MK fighters, then it's not/will not be available. When red, then dead by story. The label shows the MK they are coming from by sprites. The newer, the better.
Since the Characters are MANY, perhaps some of the MK chars will be on rotation, available in M.U.G.E.N but some will be used instead of others over time.

wyijZcJ.jpg

Non-MK chars are trivial and of course I have them for being favorite from other games, and that's about M.U.G.E.N they can be cross-over, well MK game itself does cross-overs. A MK project would heavily feature MK chars and some of the non-MK's while the rest are on rotation. Some of the SF fighters are interesting to have too.

Here is the first video:

So What's Next, provided that little by little more progress is made than the previous M.U.G.E.N MKX:

- Create first versions of the FightFX (Finish Him, Fatal Blow) etc. Build on top of the existing MKP effects, based on MKP by Borg117, latest/final

- Fix/see what's broken or unlinked with coding to cause some desync character behavior.

- Wait for Mortal Kombat 11 release and replace screenpack with the original one, as it is already aiming for the same.

- Till release before and after, start remaking properly the 3D MK9, MKX, MK11 stages, some currently existing stages like The Kove by Spor, The Special Forces Training Room by Sannamy and Lin Kuei Temple X are almost like how I imagine to have EACH STAGE, really good.

- Any time work on Cyrax (LK-4D4) Triborg sprites if there's someone to make a char. I was really preferring MKP based chars and coding but when I see all these desyncs and I like for example Scorpion MKA by bumble_vin, that's also good, the 3D look matters more as my style.

There used to be some MKP specific forum called MK myfreeforum where all such chars were showcased but it disappeared I guess? Well this is a new place then.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes I really havent touched Mugen since then now I do some again. I updated the screenpack and it now called M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, I will gladly use most of the stages and things that they made for these MKs  during my absence also a very big addition are the MKX chars that they made with MKX sprites not these UMK3 edits that I no longer use. So I have yet to see and test them but I love to have the fighters with sprites from 3D. Also this project will pretty much be replaced by a M.U.G.E.N Mortal Kombat 1, for which ofc new screenpck needs to be made, that will be a lil challenge to mimic how the mechanics are there with kameo fighers. But the idea remains I will use MKX, MK11 and Mk1 arenas plus some best non-MK arenas I've found, plus some MKP based nonMK chars as I do make mixes, it will be a lot more chars and arenas than what MK has, again thanks to some people making them (and I will redo some stages myself) and big plus to have these MKX and even MK11 sprites chars instead of the old MKP/UMK3 sprites. I already try to use mostly 3D sprites chars and from most recent MKs and MKX ones are the most recent chars made so far.