[DS] Advance Wars: Dual Strike

NeoGeoKitsune

Short Video Preview

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYnoH5giWoc&feature=fvst

Info about the game:

Advance Wars: Dual Strike, is a turn-based tactics video game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. It is the Third installment of the Advance Wars series.

Advance Wars Series Timeline: 1. Advance Wars. 2. Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. 3. Advance Wars: Dual Strike 4. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict.

Gameplay features:

The player's objective is to defeat the enemy army with their own army. Except in some campaign missions with special objectives, there are two ways to defeat an opponent: destroy all of the enemy's units or capture their headquarters (HQ).

The battle system is turn-based tactics. Two to four armies, each headed by one or two commanding officers (COs), take turns building and commanding units on grid-based maps. Every turn, units, which consist of ground, sea and air units, can move across the different types of terrain and attack enemy units or perform other actions, such as submerging a submarine or resupplying friendly units. Many factors can affect the battle, such as fog of war, a phenomenon that prevents players from seeing enemy units other than those in the visual range of their units; various weather conditions which change the terrain effects of the entire map; and CO powers.

Plot (No spoilers, just a short overview)

The storyline is a continuation of the previous series and is set in the new location of Omega Land. Black Hole has returned under the leadership of a new commander who seeks to give himself eternal life by draining the energy of Omega Land. The Allied Nations struggle to overcome this threat and are eventually joined by several former Black Hole commanding officers in an effort to save the land.

My verdict

This was one of the first games I had with my DS, it's really fun and addictive. Most of the maps take different tactics to complete (the terrain needs to be taken into account, funds to build units etc). The only bad point is that there is no online ( http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//sad.png ) and that some of the commanding officers are unbalanced (looking at you Rachel lol), but all in all I give this game an 8.5/10.