Inma 1.08 Released

Zzyzzyxx

Demo video. This is her AI fighting.

Demo of her combo ability in full power:

Aside the usual tweaks in AI, the main differences from the last beta are:

1 - Now there AI codes involving MAX Mode. She becomes much more aggressive when during that effect, as you can see in the demo above.

2 - she won't combo into supers willy-nilly, unless one of these conditions are found:

* having less life than the opponent

* having too much supermove gauge (close to the maximum of 3 bars)

* finishing a combo involving MAX Mode

C&C is welcome.

Download 1.08:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5u9wowbfqeu1e4/inma_z_1_08.rar

An update for her. Download link is at the first post.

1 - The bug in which she was able to release 2 fireballs at once had returned, and she was also able to cancel her fireball into supers before the projectile actually come out. Both bugs were solved.

2 - Some MAX Mode combos had a tendency to drop, and I changed some triggers to minimize this problem.

-- examples --

- she won't try to juggle with a Standing LK if the opponent is going upwards

- if the opponent is cornered she will try to use her elbow dash, something that is dangerous to use mid-screen (the pushback is too intense)

Her A.I. MAX Mode combos still don't satisfy me fully. Its combo logic has as many exceptions as it has rules, and I really want a more simple and streamlined code. I'll make an extra effort in this regard.

EDIT: 1.05.3 version is on.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u9bym8lfcw0f4uf/inma_z_1_05v3.rar

Changes:

1 - Standing LK has less frame advantage on block, and all of her Heavy attacks have the same guard hittime of 17 (a feature of KOF series).

2 - She won't refrain from using supers if opponent has critical health anymore.

3 - A.I. can't cancel a Standing / Crouching LP into specials/supers on whiff. This is the reason why the A.I. combos weren't flowing as expected.

This is a feature in PotS' chars which actually ended up detrimental to her gameplay, since light punches are so crucial to her playing style.

PotS' chars never use light punches so you couldn't see how their AI could be harmed by this feature. Thanks to this fix her AI can do much better combos now.

4 - She's more prone to use special moves now. In previous versions she simply refused to let her power bar drop below 750. Now she uses specials with 500 power as well.

5 - Fixed codes involving her Guard Cancel moves.

I feel totally satisfied with her gameplay and A.I. now, and I don't intend to make any other changes to her in a near future. Enjoy.

Well, not so awesome.

I added extra fixes to make her shine more.

-- Version 1.06 is released --

Changes:

* Critical bugfix: during the debug session I made so that her Standing HK applied a proration of 75% (in other words, every attack after that kick would cause only 25% of its original damage), for testing purposes.

That debug wasn't removed and she was released with this disadvantage that required an immediate fix.

* Now the AI has the same restriction as the player when it comes to charging back or down for certain special moves.

The AI must charge down or forward in order to perform the elbow dash, the triple punch or Chun-Li's spinning kick. Now you won't see the AI performing an elbow attack at the end of her dash, something that it's impossible for a human player to perform.

* Speaking of charging moves, they were at the bottom of the priority command list, even after the negative edge directional commands that were used to perform them. I moved the negative edge commands to the bottom of the list, hopefully making those special moves easier to perform during combos.

* Now her AI knows how much damage her current combo deals, and will use these data to decide about using 3 supermove bars for a MAX Mode combo. It also will recognize when an opponent is cornered and decide when to perform or not certain special moves.

* I made so that her AI is slightly easier, especially on lower levels. I tried to make so that she focuses more on chain combos and less on countering the opponent. Fighting against her in Lv4 didn't bring much emotion IMO. She was fun to play against only in Lvs 6, 7, or 8 and I made an effort to fix this.

It's not like she isn't challenging anymore. She's still tough enough to take care of a Lv8 Dee Bee Kaw. Keep in mind that she doesn't rely on confusing the opponent with crossups and fast movement like him, though.

Version 1.07 released.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7d6vdchrhw2qbwz/inma_z_1_07.rar

Changes:

* Improved the projectile code so that she can release a second fireball while there's another on screen that was reflected by the opponent.

* Fixed a bug where the AI could gain control before her megabeam supermove ended.

* AI improvements. Mainly, she doesn't jump around the stage anymore like the floor was on fire, and she knows better how to perform aerial basics.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.08 is on:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5u9wowbfqeu1e4/inma_z_1_08.rar

Changes:

* Fixed a bug where she could try to block immediately after getting up from knockdown. The bug made her able to block during a liedown state, causing glitchy behaviors.

* Air tatsus lost their overhead properties.

* Air tatsus are now invulnerable to air throws.

* Invulnerability for her Genocide-Cutter-wanna-be is at her lower body instead of the upper body.

* Backdash now works more like the ones from like SF4 series.

In short: 8 frames of full invincibility, followed by 6 frames where she's considered airborne, followed by normal standing physics.

These changes make her backdash much more useful as before.

* Minor tweaks in her AI.

That's it for now. Thanks a lot to all for the large number of downloads.