Mugen for Mac

Raiu

I hope this is appropriate for this section. I think it is.

I'm looking for a new Mac MUGEN wrapper for my new computer.  My old computer that I'd been playing MUGEN on is pretty much kaput, so I'm not sure I can get it off of there.  I was using der Kunstler's EvE wrapper, but he took that one offline some time ago.  MUGEN X appears to be offline as well (there's a 509 "too much traffic" error when I try to download it).

... before you suggest it, Bootcamp is not a viable option, because I don't want to have to restart my entire computer every time I want to play MUGEN - let alone the fact that I don't have a copy of Windows, and I don't want to go out and buy one just for MUGEN.  VirtualBox and other Windows emulators have the latter issue as well.

So is there any place online to get any of the existing Mac MUGEN wrappers? (I'd much prefer the EvE "Starter kit" like I had before, which comes with Master Ryu, Master Ken, and one background, but any will do)

Well, this isn't really a traditional request. It's kind of in the wrong place. I'll move it to Mugen Discussion. No worries.

Anyways, back to your question:

CrossOver or WINE might work in your favor, but I have to ask... What's wrong with VirtualBox? I use that all the time for testing mugen on my Mac. It works flawlessly. Seriously, if you haven't tried it recently, you should.

As far as I can tell, VirtualBox still requires a copy of Windows, which I don't have and don't want to buy just for Mugen.

I just want a link to download one of the existing Mac wrappers for Mugen (like the one I already had on my old computer).  I don't want to have to install multiple operating systems on my computer just to play one game.

EvE is the one I have on my old machine, but the author took it down.  (Apparently, people were selling it, so he got angry and canceled the whole thing)  I was hoping someone here had kept a copy.