Cayne's Top 5: Creators allowing the destruction of their creations.

Cayne

You’ve all been here before. You’re anticipating the next great Story arc, episode, adaption, or installment; the next thing you know you get a huge dump of what use to be awesome. The creator of your beloved serious has given away creative control of your favorite series and they just freaking ruined it. Here’s my top 5 middle finger to the fans moments. SPOILER ALERT!

Aaron Mcgruder sales the Boondocks

download_zpscfa91137.jpg

Boondocks are IMO one of the greatest shows this generation ever received. I do not say this because it’s a show about niggas that cuss in cartoon format, because that’s just the clever ruse to get MF’s to watch. The Boondocks pushed the boundaries of what is politically correct while pointing out the flaws in society today. What if MLK had survived his assassination, Why are all these rappers so homophobic, yet are clearly gay themselves (Gangsterlicious= Lil Wayne), BET is terrible since Debra Lee’s take over, and the rich always catch a break. Seasons 1 – 3 were episode after episode of hilarity and in your face messages…………….Then came season 4. The terrible final season of the Boondocks was produced without the input of the show’s creator. All 10 episodes seemed to focus on Robert “Granddad” Freeman which is a character best served in small doses and one liners. Huey had lost his revolutionary attitude and maturity, while fan favorites like Riley and ED the III where exaggerated or completely missing. Mcgruder gave some vague reason why he relinquished the rights to the show, but we aren’t buying it. Mcgruder sold out and went on to produce that piece of shit Black Jesus garbage. WTF!

The final fate of the Animorphs

images_zps70dc6967.jpg

Growing up in the 90’s meant a few things were a must. Whose side were you on in Sega and Nintendo’s war (Sega does what Nintendont MF), what happened on Marvels epic Saturday morning toons, Which Power Ranger where you, and did you read this month’s Animorphs book. Animorphs was my intermediate level book after Goosebumps and I loved it. This book was graphic and fun, while truly touching its fans every single book. Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco, Tobias, and Aximili went through more shit then a couple of teenagers could really handle. Jake was pushed into a leadership role from the get go, utterly destroying his child hood and turning him into a man far before his time. Rachel was the typical hot 90’s gymnastics chick whom turned out to be the greatest warrior of the whole group and made the greatest sacrifice. Cassie whom was depicted as a tree hugger and jakes love interest fought in eternal moral battle, one she lost every time she tore a Hork-Bajir’s throat out in the heat of battle. Marco was the funny guy, fiercely loyal to Jake, and the smartest of the group; yet the biggest joke was on him when he discovers who the leader of the Yeerk invasion of earth is. Aximili struggles throughout the series to understand his human comrades, but is consistently shaken by the brutality of mankind. Finally there is Tobias, arguably one of the greatest fictional characters ever written. K.A Applegate pulled no punches with Tobias, trapping him in morph in the first book on top of his guardians not giving a shit about him to even care he was missing. He also turns out to be the bastard son of the alien who gave them the power to morph (Very complicated story) yet through it all Tobias stood strong. Visser Three is a truly great villain, whom managed to stay menacing and evil as hell for 5 years and is one of my favorite villians of all time. There war with yeerks lasted for three years in the books. So what went wrong with a book I just gave top billing too? The freaking finale man was such a fucking drag. K.A. had started allowing the book to be ghost written after the 24th entry leaving other writers to span a total of 30 entries to completely wreck shit and in the end killing off Rachel and Aximili in such savage ways and leaving the finale in a cliff hanger that was just freaking awful. Over the years several Fan Fics have been created giving the remaining Animorphs a way out or highlighting the final villain who just appears and is unstoppable WHERE THE FUCK HAS THIS GUY BEEN THE ENTIRE SERIES!!!!! Not to mention a terrible TV adaption and years of movie rumors, Ugh NEXT!

Ben Reilly killed off and consistently used to boost sales

Ben_Reilly_as_Spiderman_by_anubis2kx_zps

Ok it’s pretty obvious where I’m going with this one. Peter Parker has two clones that managed to outlast the millions of clones made of Peter Parker. These clones are Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker. The clone saga was an epic fail simply because of how long it was stretched out for. I mean Aunt May dies, Doc Ock Dies, the Jackal dies, Kaine Dies and returns and dies and returns, Mary Jane goes through a whole pregnancy, Peter is tricked into thinking he is a clone, planet of the symbiotes happened, and of course the one little gem the trail of Peter Parker storyline happens. Now, there is much more, but let’s get to the meat of it, through it all Ben was the best thing about this situation. The original Scarlet Spider was a fun character all around even though the reception wasn’t so great when took over as Spider-Man the fans still loved him. Then Revelations happened and they kill Ben off. That sucked so what does Marvel do? They consistently tease of his return in several Spider events. Spider Island, A kraven arc, a Scarlet spider (Kaine) arc, Consistent references included an anthology book and a recap of the clone saga in which Ben lives. Now the spider verse event is in full effect and guess what Ben’s back in the Picture (pause, wait for the shade) oh yeah he is not the same Ben. Fuck you Dan Slott!

George Lucas sales Star Wars (So long Jaina Solo Fel)

3184981-sword_of_the_jedi_by_svenjaliv-d

Star Wars nerd am I. Look I love Star Wars to death man I really do. I will even watch all 6 movies in order, but it’s the expanded universe that I love the most. I wasn’t alive when the original Trilogy came out so when I did see them I was able to follow them up with the novels and some of the greatest stories are in the novels including my favorite Star Wars character Jaina Solo. Dubbed the sword of the Jedi by her Uncle Luke during her Jedi Knight coronation, Jaina has been an epic character for most her life. She has been a member of Rogue Squadron, fought in the greatest war of the Star Wars universe, Was almost consumed by the darkside, and killed her own twin Jacen, whom had become the sith lord Darth Caedus. Unfortunately, Disney has stated that they may disregard the expanded universe and jump 30 years after episode 6. Though the Solo kids may appear, they will already be grown meaning all those awesome stories will either have already have happened and will never exist or be rushed in some stupid animated garbage like clone wars. Also no mention of Mara Jade Skywalker, Luke’s wife, Ben’s mom, and Jana’s master. I understand some kind of time skip because they want to use the original cast but come on at least do the Jedi Academy or The New Jedi Order arcs. Hell they recast James Bond all the time.

Dragon Ball GT

Dragon-Ball-GT-HD-Wallpapers-Free-Downlo

Dragon Ball fans have mixed feelings about this lack luster piece of garbage. Some sources say its 5 years after DBZ some say ten, but I don’t care because they can keep it. DBGT could have been great if Akira Toriyoma even cared what happened, but this was just sad. They just got together and threw out a bunch of non-sense such as “Hey let’s do an alien DR. Gero and have him create a rip-off of kid Buu and Cell and name him Baby.” Says first Douche Bag “Oh yeah lets have him take over bodies so that we can have none epic Z warrior fights” which leads to Goku vs. Vegeta III with Vegeta being an Oozaru with bangs. Then the next arc is “lets fuse a custom built 17 with the original 17” which makes no sense since A) 17 was human so did he have a twin of himself? B) Two seventeen’s fused would not be super powerful because this kind of  happened when cell absorbed 17 hence combining their power and still no stronger than a full power super saiyan. Not mention they missed out on the true epicness of the events of this arch (did anyone notice cooler coming out of hell?) there could have been an epic battle royal. Finally, the Shadow dragon arc. By this point the entire series is focused on Goku and Pan. Vegeta and Gohan are reduced to reserve z fighter status along with Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Goten, and Trunks. Fortunately this series is now non canon thanks to Battle of the Gods (which isn’t that much better, but at least everyone isn’t old as fuck)

I know it’s my Top 5 but I thought I would do an Honorable Mention, so here I go

Archie’s Sonic ditches SATAM Theme

Sonic1_zps6f9ce09f.jpg

I use to love this show when I was like 8 or something, so when I discovered that Archie had a comic book of sonic I was stoked. My favorite story arch was End Game in which Sonic and Dr.Robotnik (not that eggman shit) had their epic final battle, this is right after sonic being accused of murdering Sally. Thinking that this was the end of the book I stopped looking for it. A few years later Sonic Adventure 2 came out (which is my favorite 3D sonic) and what do I see at my local Books-A-Million but Sonic the hedgehog still going but completely different. It had adapted to the new games and thus followed the games storylines to an extent. I felt alienated because they left the original format and lost its originality. Oh Wells…….

Tell me what you guys think or sound off your Top 5

Also if you got a FB send a request to [email protected]

I have to disagree with you on that last one, Cayne.

After they ditched the SatAm style they were able to make good story arcs for characters like knuckles and the like.. you know right before they started taking all of their cues from the games.

there was a middle period before the full game stories that i believe you missed bro.. a shame i was too young and dont remember their numbers.

I have to disagree with you on that last one, Cayne.

After they ditched the SatAm style they were able to make good story arcs for characters like knuckles and the like.. you know right before they started taking all of their cues from the games.

there was a middle period before the full game stories that i believe you missed bro.. a shame i was too young and dont remember their numbers.

So I guess between numbers 55 and 100 and the knuckles series? I will take a look back. Appreciate the feedback PT