mugen 1.1 beta is out

The Great Hokage

hello everybody the 1.1 beta is finally out so head on over to the site 'http://elecbyte.com/mugen' and pick this baby up. Mugen 1.1 is where its at i just tried the public beta and man oh man its awesome it comes with a new and improved opengl renderer and a whole bunch of other niffty features.

Also for those who dont know this version takes advantage of the gpu so frames are way better than 1.0. And if you really want to see the full extent of 1.1 you will definitely need a powerful computer. I was actually tinkering with my gpu settings on my nvidia GTX 660 and push everything to max quality at 1080p and loaded 1.1 and where talkin really beautiful eyecandy. (note it may differ on other pc's depends on your hardware).

Come on now. You don't need a "powerful" computer.  I was able to run 1.1a4 with an HD4670 and crappy 1.6GHz C2D at 1920x1440 hardware stretched to 1600x1200.  Plenty of power to spare in all but the most ridiculous and poorly programmed of circumstances.

Then again, since a majority of mugen users are allegedly playing on low end pre-2006 crap, mid-range quality from the DX9 era is "powerful".

very true also it would help if they focused on the direct x side as well dont get me wrong opengl is good. me personally in my opinion direct x owns.

Agreed.  D3D is typically much faster and it's not like Mugen 1.x runs on Linux or OSX.  Sadly, I didn't have any success with OpenGL wrappers when I tried.

• 2 weeks later...