Searching for my Duke. Or changing how I do things...

GuyZero32k4

I'm making a little of an annoucement here so bare with me. It's bit of a long post, but enjoy art after long winded explaination. And I haven't said it anywhere else either.

For those out there who've been watching, as I've released intro and endings.  I thank everyone for thier support and encouragment, as I mentioned I have lots of fun doing them. 

But at times, photoshopping the shit out of things to fit the story I'm trying to tell can be tedious.  Such as the Hulk ending I'm working on(due next week or week after), not coming together how I envision it.  What to do?  There's only one thing for me to do, and it's to do something I never thought I'd ever do again. 

Draw them.

I used to draw and had aspired to work in comics.  Backed out when I saw how the industry is and just stopped drawing.  To this day, every single person who knows me constantly asks me do you still draw?  That was the first trigger, second was thinking there's endings that I want to do, but there's no other way to make them happen.

But there's two problems, the first is up till now I hadn't drawn in over 10 years.  Seriously.  Second, I have nerve damage on my drawing wrist which happened 2 years ago, and I'm still finding out now it hinders me.  But if there's one thing I'm good at, is over coming the odds.

The next release wil be the Hulk done in the current style and methods I use now.  Then, it'll be Duke Nukem, new comic look, and me drawing it. 

Enough talk here's what has happened with me not having drawn for 10 years, and the wrist bite.:

Thought I could draw the hat without looking hence I messed up logo.

Posted Image

A study of Ralf Jones.

Posted Image

Study of Ben Grimm, who is going to appear in Duke's ending, along with Mai Shiranui.

Posted Image

Me trying to find my Duke. 

Posted Image

Finally, a preview of his ending, still in pencil rough, without any details.

Posted Image

The endings from Duke's on wards will look like comic panels, penciled, inked, lettered and colored by me.  The only thing making me nervous is the coloring part.  Been doing drawing drills for weeks and now while I'm on vacation to get my speed back.  Though I could use all the encouragement I can get.

Thoughts or questions on me taking my stuff in this direction?