[PREVIEW]

Combo testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO2pGkm5iAw
Magic testing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bAg2ksK2Ys

[DOWNLOAD]
Agrias Oaks BETA by Noctis

[COMMENT]
As she is now she's a playable character, but there's still quite a bit missing. The point of this BETA release is in order to see what needs to be improved and whether or not I'm digging myself a grave by creating the worst character ever.
Everything you need to know about her is in her "Read Me!". I hope you enjoy!

I apologize if there are some major errors. I have a hard time having my progress ACTUALLY saving when I save it in FF3 so there's a chance something could be unfinished or just completely missing for no apparent reason. I'm also in the middle of color separating her so some of her sprites are a different color. It's not an error or anything.

Her WIP thread is in my signature.

I love what you've done so far. IMO this is the best Agrias so far.

I was able to do 100% damage by spamming qcf+y, qcf+x (timed correctly)

mugen024.png

Im gonna guess FF3 ruined your air file, or something is disabling the trans on the fx (i know you had them previously as seen in the magic test vid)

mugen034.png

mugen033.png

mugen032.png

mugen026_1.png

mugen021.png

Not sure if this is supposed to trans but
mugen023.png

mugen016.png

mugen018.png

There also seem to be blocks missing for the morale conditions in the intro

mugen013.png

mugen014.png

Also, I'm not sure what i did but whatever string of moves i did allowed me to juggle kfm in the corner+air infinitely with the chun-li kicks, BUT KFM was gaining life back.

Either way, that inf juggle is bad :P

Thank you both. Very much.

As for the problems! She is a BETA so I hadn't really finished the damage dampener (or I guess I should say fixed) or the juggle checking before the release, but I did do the juggle check just now and it took me like 10 minutes xD.  I'll probably update her with the full release though.

As for the transparency. Are you using Mugen 1.1 or Mugen 1.0? I failed to mention on both websites that she was made for 1.0. The blocks for the intro isn't that big a deal, but I hadn't considered what it would look like with a Mugen in a different size other than 1280x720. I'll check that out.

Thank you again for the feedback. ^_^

IMO she doesn't need the dampener so bad, but juggle check yeah.

I am using 1.1 but it shouldn't matter. Other chars I have don't have that issue lol.

[State -1]
Type = Trans
Trigger1 = 1
Trans = Addalpha
IgnoreHitPause = 1

Changing that to just add seemed to fix it for me.

Yeah the blocks aren't a huge deal, but it is part of the package. Speaking of, I did notice something new when I had her face herself.

mugen037.png

And the text never displays.

mugen038_1.png

Of course she's a beta, I just wanna report everything now so you don't need to go back after the release to do it or if you find new bugs along the way, these don't get forgotten.

Well I fixed the damage dampener and juggle check anyways!

As for the transparency. I have it set to AddAlpha because in the animations it's using transparency that isn't 256,256 which is similar to saying Add. It's using 255,256 or less which is similar to saying AddAlpha so setting it to Add would actually make it work just as incorrectly. I had the same problem with someone using Squall on 1.1 instead of 1.0 and even with Mai. Things oddly didn't work right in 1.1, but worked perfectly in 1.0. That's why I said to try it in 1.0 instead of 1.1.

Also, I disabled the enemy's conditions whenever Agrias is on the enemy's side...I haven't figured out a workaround for that yet, but I will. Thanks for reminding me.

I also just remembered. Her Morale bar doesn't display on the enemy's side, either. I should add that. :P

As for the blocks in the intro. I'll just add more to ensure the entire area is covered up.

Edit: It's kinda hard to even wanna finish anything when no one even acknowledges you anymore. I was only gone for like 2 years and now MugenGuild straight up ignores my existence. So...if I ever do finish her it won't be for a really long time unless I somehow get magically motivated. Fio, too.

Edit 2: Also, a lot of the problems you might face, Genesis is BECAUSE of 1.1. I just tested her out in 1.1 and A LOT of things are broken compared to the 1 or 2 things broken when played in 1.0 (that i know of). Which I already fixed actually. The damage dampener and the juggle check.

I released him. He's on my website (which has been down for days just so you know. I can't do anything about that as it belongs to Ucoz or whatever), but I never updated the WinMugen version of him so they're pretty different from each other in terms of gameplay, but perfectly playable. WinMugen and 1.0.

Also, thank you very much. I've never put so much effort into a character before so I'm glad you enjoy it.

It's interesting that so much breaks on 1.1. When I have more time I'm gonna take a look and see why. I know 1.1 is weird about certain things so im not surprised about that, but for SO many things to be broken because of it is odd to me. Maybe more to me since I create in a 1.1 environment so any oddities I face I'm forced to work around.

That's not really your problem, but just saying.

Edit: It's kinda hard to even wanna finish anything when no one even acknowledges you anymore. I was only gone for like 2 years and now MugenGuild straight up ignores my existence. So...if I ever do finish her it won't be for a really long time unless I somehow get magically motivated. Fio, too.

I get that. I posted a WIP topic on there for a char I was really amped to make, did all the color separating, and couldn't get a single reply, lost interest and dropped the whole thing. That and I couldnt find hires alternatives to some fx but with more interest I probably couldve did it and ignored the lowres fx

Just finish her when you feel like getting around to it.

It's interesting that so much breaks on 1.1. When I have more time I'm gonna take a look and see why. I know 1.1 is weird about certain things so im not surprised about that, but for SO many things to be broken because of it is odd to me. Maybe more to me since I create in a 1.1 environment so any oddities I face I'm forced to work around.

That's not really your problem, but just saying.

I get that. I posted a WIP topic on there for a char I was really amped to make, did all the color separating, and couldn't get a single reply, lost interest and dropped the whole thing. That and I couldnt find hires alternatives to some fx but with more interest I probably couldve did it and ignored the lowres fx

Just finish her when you feel like getting around to it.

Yeah that's when I decided not to get into 1.1 when I'm still getting used to 1.0. So many things just...don't work with the way I code in 1.0. Maybe down the road I'll upgrade her/fix her so she's compatible with both. I wish it was easy to make a single character compatible with all versions of Mugen. You have to be really articulate about everything.

And that's seriously unfortunate. You've got some good stuff going on. I actually never really see you release anymore now that I think about it. I'll look into that right now.

Anyways, the MugenGuild community seems to have taken a step backwards in terms of quality. Same as everywhere else too actually. All that's popular anymore are those DBZ characters by Cybaster/Balthazar, the new Extreme Butouden DBZ sprites and those fuckin' 3124x10128 sized sprite characters being made for 1.1. Then there's ExShadow's stages. Nothing else ever really gets any attention unless you made a name for yourself like 5+ years ago.

Also, so we don't have a post that's off topic. I created an Egi summon test. A ball of fire (related to Pheonix) spins around you randomly and hits whatever is in front of you every now and then. It doesn't mess up combos for the most part, but I'd still like to have a workaround for that. I don't like even the smallest thing interfering with my chaining. If you or anyone else has an idea, lay it on me. Also fixed up the damage/combo reading. It was funky before. The triggers were half-assed before.