The Apex

100SadPandas

not bad lol is weird to see someone here that actually is trying to sprite is chars.

Now i like the combinations of Rouga, K and Yamazaki for the moves but sounds a bit limited still any more ideas what animations to add?

Gethits, some special moves I guess. I think I have an idea for a really cool ultimate finisher that may need to be custom sprited. But yeah, I have an idea of what to add. Also using Rock as a base. You forgot to write that.

Copied from my newage response to the backstory and dash mechanic question

Would this be fair? If during the blur anim Apex would be able to get hit, but it doesn't cost energy?
Or is it better that he can't get hit but it costs energy?

I think that's the question.

And the backstory goes like this, I'll give you the long one. My writing skills are pretty bad btw.

5 Robbers have a bank at gunpoint. They've secured the exits with explosives so no one gets out until they leave. 3 of them are taking and piling money into bags inside the safe of the bank. The other 2 keep their guns pointed at the crowd of people on the ground. Grant Uhlir has his hands on his head and lies right next to the door. He thinks of running outside the bank and yelling for help, but decides against it as it isn't worth being potentially blown to pieces. Anyway, the robbers aren't stealing his money. Their stealing his parents'. And that's okay. 
One of the robbers holding the gun tell the other 3 to start finishing up. The second robber starts moving towards the door slowly until the other 4 arrive with the money. Guns aimed at the crowd they leave the building towards a van at the other side of the street. "Stay on the ground for 3 more minutes or the banks coming down!" one of the robbers yells as he leaves the door. Once they're all out and heading towards the van, one unsung hero (idiot), dashes outside and tries to get the money back. "I'll be hero-" he thinks as his body is incinerated by the explosion. A large ka-boom is felt around the area, and a large piece of debris impales young Grant Uhlir through the chest and another knocks his head hard. 
Grant is rushed to a hospital, but the trauma from the explosion is almost too great. Through some miracle of god however he lasts long enough to make it to the operating table. The Doctors go to work, but the debris has left it's mark in the spinal cord and cerebellum. The debris has been embedded into Grant's body. The Doctors don't give up though. Little by little they remove the shards in his spine and brain. Finally they finish removing everything from the teenagers body.
Fast Forward 10 weeks.
Grant Uhlir's trauma from the explosion is still in effect, and the doctors had to replace the damaged parts of his body with artificial parts to fill in the gaps in the spine, but not the brain. They can't touch the brain. They still don't know how much damage it sustained from the blast.
Grant has been showing signs of waking up from the coma, but finally he awakes. He can't move, he doesn't know where he is. The last thing he remembers are the Nike sneakers of the man dashing towards the door trying to get his money back. The Nurses try to restrain him but it's of no use.

You see, the part of Grant's brain and spinal cord were struck in just the right positions so the brain and spine would be able to heal themselves up, but not completely. The part of the brain that limits the body so it doesn't hurt itself has been erased from Grant. A normal human can use 15% of the body, but Grant now is able to use his body to the full extent without limitations. His muscles can last longer and are stronger. His mind can process things quicker. He is faster than ever. These abilities of his come with a downside though. Because he no longer has the part of the brain that limits himself, he is now more subject to the feral instincts of any other predator animal. The longer he continues to use his body to it's fullest extent, the more he loses control until he is relying on pure instinct and rage. When he gets to this state he forgets all fighting technique and is more reminiscent to an angry predator (so his abilities are like a double-edged sword) . Once he stops fighting in this predator-animal state will he go back to normal, but forgetting everything he's done during the time.

Once Grant leaves the hospital he becomes aware of his abilities and dons a black hoodie, gray jeans, and Adidas sneakers from Target and becomes the Apex.

Meaning of Apex (taken from Wikipedia): Apex predators (also known as alpha, super, top or top-level predators) are predators with few to no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain. 

The name Apex refers to Grant being the most advance human who has full control over his body, in contrast to all other people who don't and are regular. Also refers to the predatorial state he takes on when fighting for too long.

What do you guys think? I'm not good at writing well but hopefully this gives you enough of an idea of what he's like. 
http://www.cracked.com/article/114_5-superpowers-you-didnt-know-your-body-was-hiding-from-you_p2/ Also this link may explain some of the whole brain limitation thing. Not sure. Maybe. Any questions?

I'm gonna add this effect after the dash to make it look a bit more cooler, like he was REALLY fast.
HrL54LQ.gif
I'm gonna perfect the walk next, it looks abismal. That's what I get for letting someone else do it.

But not yet. Been working on the Apex so much I'm behind on my anime. Will start after a few hours. In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas for the character feel free to post them here and I'll get back to you once I've finished Black Lagoon.

Yeah, I;m gonna need to resize a bit, draw a base from his sprites, then erase jotaro and use the base. He has some interesting movements though so I'm looking forward to how it's gonna turn out. The only gripe I have is that some of his moves don't use that many frames and I thought that may be a bit weird when combined with some of Apex's more detailed attacks.

Yes the Walk uperbody and legs movement look off.

-The hand doesnt moevs along with the leg well.

-The belt barely moves then sudenly at the last frames jumps foward that dont look good.

l-ooks weird how the elbow moves like it moves aroun 1 pixel more than it sould be could try to make is forearm moves too.

Probably would give you a better result if you just use áll  K´s sprites for the walk and add the shading of Rouga instead of the Frakesprite imo so is legs could move well along with the uperbody.

Fuck the Walk. Honestly. 6 more frames of hell and checking frames back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and worrying the belt doesn't work right.
YOBOXNE.png1Edj6Z3.pngExdPq9i.png3VOPqrN.png

I'm gonna add the K' upper base once I'm done with the legs so I don't have to worry about too many things at once.