Palette issues in MUGEN 1.0

The Skull

Question

I'm using MUGEN 1.0, and over the past week I've been wanting to edit some less-than-desirable character icons in my MUGEN roster. With Fighter Factory 3 I've replaced the icons for specific characters using indexed .pcx files, but after saving the .sff as MUGEN 1.0, I've encountered this problem: the former characters' palettes revert to the default in-game. Basically, I can't select any palette other than the default for these characters, when just before replacing their icons everything worked fine.

Any help? Suggestions? 

I have absolutely no experience in the world of coding with MUGEN. 

2 answers to this question

I've never had a issue with FF3.

From what I was told, Small portraits do NOT need to share palettes with the characters at all.

They can be there own seperate sprite (given they fit the size of the screenpack or whatever)

So when you replace the sprites, you do not need .pcx files anymore, that was the OLD way, you can use indexed (256 colored) PNG files now.

just load up your character, replace small portrait, save the sff as "M.U.G.E.N. 1.0" , and the small portrait SHOULD be added fine, without affecting the other palettes.