Marisa_RP

Trinitronity

After some talk with Seravy, I decided to actually break my silence now and show you, who it was all the time:

mugen000vc.png
mugen001i.png
mugen002x.png
mugen003j.png
mugen004b.png
It's Marisa Kirasame!

Even though RicePigeon is back, I'll still do Touhou characters in his style, since I'm doing them in his old style instead of the one, which RicePigeon goes. That also means that there will be a spell card selection as well.
For those, who wonder, I have used the latest Yukari_RP as a base, since she was for 1.0, didn't floated like Mima and also didn't had extra files like Flandre. That way, I already had all the system code ready to go.
As for the sprites, I have used the SSF of Marisa_K by Kohaku (thanks). I also replaced most of Yukarin Yakanzuki's voice in Yukari_RP's SND file with the voice of Marisa_K (the best Marisa voice IMO), but also with some voice samples from Touhou Kubotu.
She is currently near completition, she only needs these things:
-Orreries Universe (has intro, movement, and an almost finished first bullet pattern)
-special intros (I already almost finished the one for Mima_RP, after that, I'll do the ones for Reimu_RP and Alice_RP)
-other minor things
But don't get too excited. Since she was meant to be a template, I cannot release her, until she is 100% done, since if I release her, I wont update her anymore.
On the same time, I'm also working on Reimu.  Even though RicePigeon makes a Reimu already, mine will be different from his. Not only will she have my own color seperation (which every of my future RP-styled characters will have), she will also have some extra stuff like a new basic attack I made and also intros and winposes derived from Touhou Kobuto, Touhou Sky Arena and Touhou Hopeless Masquerade. She will also be less charge typed then RicePigeon's Reimu.
Also, after I have finished Marisa, I'll do these 3 next:

[li]Tenshi: Since I'm already working on Reimu, I searched for an replacement, so I went with our weather celestial. Her main gimmick will be the ability to manipulate the weather, of course, but I will also make other things like turning most of her Story Mode Spell Cards into regular ones.[/li]
[li]Alice: Again, RicePigeon already works on her, but there will be even more difference between my Alice and his Alice then between my Reimu and his Reimu. She will have a almost completely new moveset, based on nenmin's Gensokyo Dolls Alice, where she can use a large variaty of dolls through...uhm...doll sets. I cannot think up of a better name, but they will work similar to the Powet Sets of MegaMan chars in Robot Master Mayhem. That way, Alice can use almost every doll, which nenmin's Alice use. And depending on the Doll Set, one of her LVL3 spellcards will change AS WELL![/li]
[li]Utsohu, Yuka or Sakuya: For this one, I will do a poll, so you can decide. Yuka will be mostly a trap character, Sakuya can manipulate time, and Utsohu will have a source accurate cape and a little deadly extra something.  >:D[/li]
[li]Some additional surprise stuff I will work on, whenever there is no progress with my other future projects, so that can take a while...[/li]
UPDATE:
Here is, what has been made for Marisa_RP:

Basics: 100%
Specials: 99%
Supers: 99%
Intros: 90%
Win Poses: 99%
Beta Testing: ??%

And here is, what I have seperated so far for Reimu_RP:

Stance: 100%
Crouch & Crouch Transitions: 100%
Walk Forward: 100%
Walk Backward: 100%
Jump: 100%
Dash Forward: 100%
Hop Backward: 100%
Guard: 100%
Crouch Guard: 100%
Aerial Guard: 100%
High Get Hit: 100%
Low Get Hit: 100%
Crouch Get Hit : 100%
Aerial Get Hit/Fall: 100%
Hit Ground/Lie Down:10 0%
Get Up: 100%
Dizzy: 100%
SWR-style Spin (just in case): 100%
Shocked: 100%
Light Attack: 0%
Forward Light Command: 0%
Medium Attack: 0%
Forward Medium Command: 0%
Heavy Attack: 0%
Forward Heavy Command: 0%
Crouch Light Attack: 0%
Crouch Medium Attack: 0%
Crouch Heavy Attack: 0%
Aerial Light Attack: 0%
Aerial Medium Attack: 0%
Aerial Heavy Attack: 0%
Small Cards: 100%
Needles: 100%
everything else: 0%

• 3 weeks later...

• Misaligned hitsparks on 2x, 2z, and j5x:

dU2QAcu.pngkbKk5Y5.pngMnrIk4C.png

• 623x->623x->623x->623x = 219 damage in corner
  • j.5z still has one of Yukari's voiceclips
  • short hop -> j.5x -> j.5y -> repeat = 16 hits + 298 damage in corner. Juggle system prevents it from being an infinite, though but this shouldn't be possible.
  • Grand Stardust X is a corner infinite, and has no form of damage dampening:

oa26Ahc.png

• 421x and 421y can be used to cancel any of Marisa's normals and go immediately to his idle state, allowing for various infinites (ie: 2y -> 421x -> repeat ad infinitum):

9LYkKFS.png

• Intro keeps playing the broom spin sound as long as the spellcard selection is on screen, even when shes playing her idle animation.
  • Meteoric Shower gives back power on hit.
  • DP+x and DP+y are +5 and +0 on block, respectively, which is way too safe for a shoryuken-type move.

• Misaligned hitsparks on 2x, 2z, and j5x:

dU2QAcu.pngkbKk5Y5.pngMnrIk4C.png

• 623x->623x->623x->623x = 219 damage in corner
  • short hop -> j.5x -> j.5y -> repeat = 16 hits + 298 damage in corner. Juggle system prevents it from being an infinite, though but this shouldn't be possible.
  • Grand Stardust X is a corner infinite, and has no form of damage dampening:

oa26Ahc.png

• 421x and 421y can be used to cancel any of Marisa's normals and go immediately to his idle state, allowing for various infinites (ie: 2y -> 421x -> repeat ad infinitum):

9LYkKFS.png

• Intro keeps playing the broom spin sound as long as the spellcard selection is on screen, even when shes playing her idle animation.
  • DP+x and DP+y are +5 and +0 on block, respectively, which is way too safe for a shoryuken-type move.

About the broom spin, I have already fixed it, but forgot to send it to you as well...

Anyway, about the rest:

-Fixed 2x and j.5x. I don't see anything wrong with 5z, though...maybe you could post another pic of the same attack, but where the hitspark doesn't cover a lot

-Do you mean 236x? Because I cannot pull that off...

-Fixed

-So I guess I should give j.5y 1 juggle point, right?

-I'm trying to add the custom juggle points system to Grand Stardust, but FF3 doesn't accept rootvaradd...what should I do?

-Made it like that so Miasma Sweep removes 8 points from the custom juggle system. Not sure, if that fixes the problem, because I have trouble to perform that infinite you have mentioned as an example.

-Broom Intro glitch already fixed, forgot to give you new version.

-Fixed

-I already made two versions, but also changed around guard hit/slide times. Now I have 0 on block for DPx and -8 on block for DPy. Is that unsafe enough?

Also, thanks RicePigeon. You did the most detailed feedback in this thread so far. I like that. ;)

-Fixed 2x and j.5x. I don't see anything wrong with 5z, though...maybe you could post another pic of the same attack, but where the hitspark doesn't cover a lot

Couldnt grab the screenshot in time, but the hitspark is about 10 pixels too high.

-Do you mean 236x? Because I cannot pull that off...

No, her miasma sweep. Keep doing it as the opponent is falling, just as the opponent reaches Marisa's head height. Juggle system prevents it from being a true infinite, but being able to do four Shoryukens in the same juggle is a little wonky.

-So I guess I should give j.5y 1 juggle point, right?

j.5y already takes away juggle points, its j.5x that doesn't.

I'm trying to add the custom juggle points system to Grand Stardust, but FF3 doesn't accept rootvaradd...what should I do?

Assuming that there is no helper-within-a-helper being created, Parentvaradd should work fine. Worst case scenario, you can always use a projectile controller as a flag.

-Made it like that so Miasma Sweep removes 8 points from the custom juggle system. Not sure, if that fixes the problem, because I have trouble to perform that infinite you have mentioned as an example.

421 isnt her Miasma sweep. From the command file, it seems like you kept the changestate for Yukari's old RDP special, but the state that it goes to (state 1400) is just a blank state that just sends Marisa back to her idle state, which can be used as pretty much a free cancel from any of her normals.

-I already made two versions, but also changed around guard hit/slide times. Now I have 0 on block for DPx and -8 on block for DPy. Is that unsafe enough?

Going strictly by her IaMP frame data:

Block   Hit     CH
Motion     Damage     Proration   Startup  Active  Duration   Adv     Adv     Adv   Untech  Cancel  Type
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 623A       650        90%          12               61        -27     D       D     50      13-? airC
 623B       650        90%          9                66        -35     D       D     50      9-12/   C

And by the data of the 4th iteration of the move that its based off of:

Block 			Super Meter 					        Frames 		
Move Name 	HL 	Damage 	Stun 	Gain 	Cancel 	Startup Active 	Recovery 	        G.Adv 	H.Adv 	Notes 
Shoryuken (L) 	HL 	100[70] 200[100] 30/40 	su 	3 	14 	14 + After landing 10 	-17 	- 	1~2f Invincible, 3~4f unthrowable, 3~16f lower body invincibility, 4f~ airborne, knock down, [] refers to active frames 3~14f 	
Shoryuken (M) 	HL 	80*50 	150*50 	20/20*20 su*- 	3 	2*12 	25 + After landing 18 	-34 	- 	1~5f Invincible, 6~16f lower body invincibility, 5f~ airborne, knock down, [2nd hit] can juggle 	
Shoryuken (H) 	HL 	160[60] 200[50] 20/40[20] - 	3 	14 	28 + After landing 18 	-37 	- 	1~4f Invincible, 3~4f unthrowable, 5~16f lower body invincibility, 3f~ airborne, knock down, [] refers to active frames 3~14f

-Ah, okay. Thanks. Fixed

-Ah, okay. Looks like I have fixed that then, but for the wrong reason... :S

-Ah, okay. Thanks. Fixed it, hopefully, by giving j.5x one juggle point.

-That's the problem: Marisa throws an bottle (helper), which, if it explodes, creates a hitbox helper. So parentvaradd will not work.

-Whoops. Forgot about that leftover. Removed any reference to the dummied out "Bound to the Grave"

-Holy shit, -27 for weak Miasma Sweep?! Guess I will use the SF4 reference for Weak Miasma Sweep and the IamP references for Mid Miasma Sweep then.

Also:

FSO7Bpn.gif

Should I use that as Reimu's aerial strong normal attack (animation will be edited for the normal attack version)?

Okay, thanks to Tenryuu, because he has found three oversights I did.

1. I forgot to animate the rings during Final Spark. *fixed*

2. Master Spark probably has rings, too, but I need to check that first (I play as Reimu more often than Marisa).

3. One of her mids is an overhead, althuogh it is just a kick. I assume it is her standing 5y, but I have no idea, how it is an overhead, if it hits low and not high... *fixed, had to check the guardflag*

I also made her standing 5z an overhead.

• Misaligned hitsparks on 2x, 2z, and j5x (I know the hitspark is lined up with the foot now, but its a sweep attack. It looks odd that the hitspark is at the opponent's stomach when he's being swept off his feet).
  • 623x->623x->623x->623x = 219 damage in corner (Fixed, but now the move only does 25 damage total, which is kind of weak)
  • short hop -> j.5x -> j.5y -> repeat = 16 hits + 298 damage in corner. Juggle system prevents it from being an infinite, though but this shouldn't be possible. 10 hits, 227 damage in the corner. Its a start, but still needs work.
  • Grand Stardust X is a corner infinite, and has no form of damage dampening (Now only hits twice, but still has no damage dampening. Trying to use a third bottle still causes it to explode on contact, but does no damage otherwise.

And some additional stuff that was found:

• Meteoric Shower sometimes causes the combo counter to reset, even when the opponent hasn't gone back to an idle state yet. This is caused by the helpers destroying themselves too quickly
  • Due to the velocity, 2y's pushback gets cancelled out.

-Hmm, so I guess I need to move the hitspark to the opponents' feet?

-Hmm, since it is almost impossible for me to pull that off, I guess I'll just increase the juggle points of j.5y just slightly. Trail-and-error time! *sigh*

-Forgot about the dampening. Should be fixed now.

-About the Meteoric Shower helpers, do you mean the star themselve? Because they only get destroyed, if they hit something or if they go off-screen...

-Okay, I have no idea, why it is there. Fixed.

• Just found this while meddling with her j.2y close to the ground. Oh, and the effect is misaligned with the hitbox it seems:

tamJa86.png

• j.5y effect stays bound to her in the idle states if done close to the ground.

9TI9Bd0.png

• Final Spark will cause opponent to try to block it, even though it's unblockable.

• Witch Leyline still counts as an attacking state during the recovery portion, which creates false positives against characters with Counterhit detection.
  • You made 5z an overhead, but its only 7 frame startup, which is too fast for a grounded overhead.
  • I dont get why 2y can hit OTG?
  • Her grab can whiff against smaller crouching opponents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• I notice that her air hitboxes can still be a bit wonky, for instance:

SAeXlDQ.png

• 6y -> 2z -> repeat
  • Vertical hitbox size seems inconsistent in her stand to crouch and crouch to stand anims. As shes transitioning, she has a hitbox covering her entire hat, while her standing and crouching stances don't.
  • Marisa can grab opponents out of their pre-jump frames:

JLWmLFo.png

• The tails on some of the stars for Meteoric Debris are rotated improperly:

OwqdvaZ.png

• Star Sign "Meteoric Shower" is immune to enemy projectiles, even itself.
  • It also returns number truncation debug:

JNY9GlV.png

• Polaris Unique seems to have a 2 second cooldown after the last projectile disappears before it can be used again, which feels odd

-Whoooops, gonna fix that now.

-Tried it, I can only do 5 hits because of the pushback

-Whoooops, fixed it.

-Is that bad?

-I'm trying to fix that for quite a while, but I have no idea, what causes that problem...

-Okay, it should be fixed now by me adding hitby/hitoverride controllers and a blue hitbox

-Okay, I have no idea, how that happened. Will look into it later.

-Maybe the the disappeared projectile is not the last one Then again, I'm not really liking Polaris Unique anymore, and the only thing that holds me back from replacing it with a nerfed Gravity Beat is the fact that I still haven't received an answer from Seravy.