Stopping the Pause Effect

y2alex

Question

Hey guys, so I'm trying to stop this pause effect that happens during the intro to ikaruga's kof98 characters. Right after the initial intro the character frames would pause while you choose which mode you wanna put them in. I want to make it so they don't pause and just continue on with the animations even while your picking their modes. Any way to do this?

8 answers to this question

Sorry I took so long. I'm looking at him now.

Okay well after looking at him I see that he has this coded very confusingly. He's stuck in stateno 192 and the anim 192 until his helper 7600 is gone and that helper only goes away once var(1) is nonexistent. That's why he has a paused effect in his intro. He also happens to use that same var in a lot of places so you can't really change much. Try setting the var(1) to 0 in the -2 statedef with a trigger for your prevstateno being 192. Then go into the state 192 and remove the trigger in the changestate relating to the helper(7600). That should work just as well without any errors. If not then you're gonna need to edit a lot of things.

Open her up in FF3, find the intro state that does this and remove the pause coding. If there is none then it might be in the animations. Her paused frame might just be a frame with a large amount of ticks so consider looking into her animations as well.

Ok so I looked through the animation and nothing wrong there so its gotta be the code. However I'ms seeing stuff like pause, ignore pause, super pause. Which would be the code that typically does something like that? I checked intro, and preintro and don't see anything that does that either, then again Im super new to coding and might be staring right at the problem and not even know.

You might see a lot of suppermovetime, pausemovetime, ignorehitpause, etc. Ignore those. Look for things that look like Type = SuperPause or Type = Pause. Delete the entire code with of those and see what that does.