Whip by LunaTuna

LunaTuna

Hi guys, so I decided to make a mugen version of whip with a 2002 um/XI style, have fun with her (screenshot is provided in the link below) smiley.gif.

whip.gif

http://1drv.ms/1G1nqKN

New Combo System (Coming Soon...): 

Video Demonstration: 

What has been updated:
- Fixed most bugs pointed out (if there are still some its probably because I don't know how to fix it...)
- Reduced some damage on some moves
- Added new SDM move (Illusion Dance)
- Added desert eagle on both kicks (shoots straight forward)
- Increase speed when gun is pulled out during desert eagle skills
- Guarding KO added to Whip
- Air guarded is now available
- Forbidden Engage Upgraded :3
- HSDM portrait updated
- Whip voices changed for some moves

- Strength shot modified.

If there are still bugs that I don't know about, please still let me know, I'll try my best to fix it grin.gif.

Move List

Specials:

Boomerang Shot
B, DB, D, DF, F, x
B, DB, D, DF, F, y

Assassin Strike
F, D, DF, x
F, D, DF, a
F, D, DF, y
F, D, DF, b

Hook Shot
D, DB, B, x
D, DB, B, y

Superior Shot
F, DF, D, DB, B, x

Strength Shot
F, DF, D, DB, B, a

Victory Shot
F, DF, D, DB, B, y

Desert Eagle
B, D, DB, x
B, D, DB, y
B, D, DB, a [New]
B, D, DB, b [New]

Supers:

Sonic Slaughter 1999/2002
D, B, D, F
D, B, D, F

Sonic Slaughter 2003/XI
D, B, D, F, a
D, B, D, F, b

Forbidden Engage
D, F, D, F, a]
D, F, D, F, b

Red Whip Genocide
D, F, D, F, x
D, F, D, F, y

Sonic Slaughter XY
D, B, D, F, x+y
D, B, D, F, z

Illusion Dance [New]
D, F, D, F, x+y
D, F, D, F, z

Super Black Hawk
D, F, D, B, a+b
D, F, D, B, z

Credits: H and Joahie & MDK and other people that created various Seirahs well because... and thanks to everyone that pointed out the errors. smiley.gif

well this is interesting to check for sure and welcome to the forum btw.  :awesome

Thanks :awesome  and please do test this character :P Some people from mugenguild already had some "feedback" about it so if you find any bugs let me know so I can fix it as soon as possible.

Reposting my post from the Guild.

I don't play Whip nearly as often as I should. :(

- Jump height is too low. Should be slightly fixed.
- She can't attack off of running for some reason. Agreed. You need to fix this, Luna.
- Liedown time is too long. Depends, if it is from the D throw or from being slammed by Boomerang Shot, then, the liedown time is correct.
- Shouldn't be able to hit an opponent who's in state 5040. Correct.
- Her opponents can't recover from falling (fall.recover.time must be greater than 0). 20 or 30 ticks should suffice. Some moves, however cannot be recovered from.
- CD attack takes too little damage. Damage is 96, same than C and D attacks. I'd raise the damage from  Blowback attack to 120 to make a difference (air D(the 2 kick attack, should do around 100).
- Emergency Attack shouldn't trigger a counter hit. Correct
- HP throw shouldn't switch sides. Sometimes Whip could switch sides with that throw.
- HK throw takes too little damage. Damage is ok in this case, since it can followup with OTG Strength Shot Type C or Desert Eagle, though I'd scale the damage from it so it inflicts around 160-180 damage. 216 total damage from that seem too much for me.
- F+LPx5 command move takes too much damage. Agree. Should be around 20-25 damage per lash.

Comments on bold.

What Nitris said, plus I'd add some stuff to this.

- No 2003/XI version of Sonic Slaughter? (and should be DC'd) In the case you don't add the 2003/XI version of Sonic Slaughter, at least allow base Sonic Slaughter to also be DC'd as a tradeoff.
- While Boomerang Shot can be super canceled, doesn't show the Super Cancel message.
- Speaking of Boomerang Shot... Weak version does 128 damage, which is ok. But why strong version jumps right to 208 damage? That's too much damage for a special that is not a special command throw. If anything, you should drop the damage around 150.
- Close weak kick should have a slightly lesser pushdown, to ensure she can kick twice.
- Also, since this is a mix from XI and 2k2UM, personal preference, but give her the walking speed she has in XI when performing String shots.

While you need to polish those details with her, I can tell for a fact you're doing a good job with Whip. She needs some damage scaling as well, but outside those details, you're on the right path with her.

Just like I did in the guild, I'll post my feedback here too.

Ok, made a further test.

- There's no need to make the Sonic Slaughter DM (both, punch and kick versions) and SDM into F, D, B, D, F (you're making her input too complicated). The old input is ok. Same case with Super Blackhawk, though, I'd recommend you dedicate that QCF, HCB +ab slot into her classic 2k2 input B, b, B, b, c.

- Her jumping strong kicks deal too much damage compared to her blowback attack. Blowback attack is still inflicting 96 damage, while jumping strong kick (double kick deals 88 on each kick, giving a total of 176 damage). The damage from the strong kicks should be swapped with the damage from the blowback attacks (blowback attacks inflicting 128 damage, strong kicks to 90-96 in total). Also, crouched strong punch should drop to a total of 100 damage.

- Speaking of crouched strong punch, while it can cancel into boomerang shot, it whiffs when it causes knockdown (unless it's a counter hit). Also, while you made the crouched strong punch cancel in both hits with Assassin Strike, boomerang shot and Strength shots Type a and C, can't cancel into Strength Shot Type B or Desert Eagle.

- While you did give her the roll shortcut with C button, she can't do that with a+x command button.

- Air Blowback attack can set you for kick version of Sonic Slaughter, as well as SDM Sonic Slaughter. While it is actually possible, it can only happen when she hits the opponent and causes a counter hit state.

- Far standing C attack must only cancel on the first hit.

- Also, recommendation. Grant her air guard. While it's true There's no Air guard on KOF (since 99), grant it to her so she's not at such disadvantage against other characters (you can use her crouched guard for that).

- One last thing, open slightly her cancel window. Whip does have strict timings, but not so strict.

You're going well, though. I'm glad to see such dedication to Whip, who barely gets any love.

• 1 month later...