Transcended Ryu by TripleM

Charmugen

Preview:

erU4aGl.gif

6AMSgHh.jpg

Download:

Transcended Ryu by TripleM. Compatible with Win, 1.0, and 1.1. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ub2j3m5b0e5nkee/Transcended_Ryu.rar/file

Note:

Barely anything on the internet about this char. Very obscure char found by me.

NOTE 2: I know it's almost a year late, but you friendly neighbor Basara is saving the day 😉 

3 hours ago, RicePigeon said:

@Charmugen You could have reuploaded the file instead of linking to an archived snapshot of esnips, of all places.

I'm giving you 24 hours to replace the link or I'll have no close but to delete the thread.

Of course I could have reuploaded the file, like I did with many lost chars on Mediafire. That was where I found and obtained Transcended Ryu. If for some reason you guys don't accept this, so be it. Here, how about a link to an archived snapshot of mediafire? It's still the same Transcended Ryu. I could just upload it to internet archive too since they provide me with unlimited space.

Lemme guess, is it because of esnips, even though it is just an archived snapshot of esnips? Are you guys gonna add esnips to the blacklist now?

Also, do you have bumble_vin's Sephiroth? It is missing.

Post Update:

Just a reminder to anyone reading this...

You're not downloading the file from esnips. You're downloading the file from internet archive. Is Interenet archive safe? Yes it is.

"Our virus checker will remove the entire item from the site if a file being uploaded is detected to have malware. If you are adding this to an existing item, you will lose access to the entire item." Source: https://help.archive.org/help/files-formats-and-derivatives-tips-troubleshooting/

"In general, archive.org is a safe site to use, and its online services are useful, interesting, and extremely unlikely to bring any harm to you. Downloads are also safe. Archive.org does not harbor malicious software and works hard to prevent any malicious code to live on the website. It’s also legal to use."

Source: https://techwithtech.com/archive-org-safe/

11 hours ago, Charmugen said:

Of course I could have reuploaded the file, like I did with many lost chars on Mediafire. That was where I found and obtained Transcended Ryu. If for some reason you guys don't accept this, so be it. Here, how about a link to an archived snapshot of mediafire? It's still the same Transcended Ryu. I could just upload it to internet archive too since they provide me with unlimited space.

Lemme guess, is it because of esnips, even though it is just an archived snapshot of esnips? Are you guys gonna add esnips to the blacklist now?

Also, do you have bumble_vin's Sephiroth? It is missing.

Post Update:

Just a reminder to anyone reading this...

You're not downloading the file from esnips. You're downloading the file from internet archive. Is Interenet archive safe? Yes it is.

"Our virus checker will remove the entire item from the site if a file being uploaded is detected to have malware. If you are adding this to an existing item, you will lose access to the entire item." Source: https://help.archive.org/help/files-formats-and-derivatives-tips-troubleshooting/

"In general, archive.org is a safe site to use, and its online services are useful, interesting, and extremely unlikely to bring any harm to you. Downloads are also safe. Archive.org does not harbor malicious software and works hard to prevent any malicious code to live on the website. It’s also legal to use."

Source: https://techwithtech.com/archive-org-safe/

The hell? You getting paid for this? If so, where do I sign up?

5 hours ago, Noside said:

What do you mean by "So be it."? you stick to the forum rules.

That's what I mean, "so be it". If those are the rules, then those are the rules I must stick to, regardless of what I believe in. Why?

4 hours ago, Darkflare said:

The hell? You getting paid for this? If so, where do I sign up?

Why did you assume I'm getting paid for this? 0 actually. Cool eh?

Post Update:

ANOTHER REMINDER:

"Currently, there is no limit on the size of files nor the number of files. However, from a systems perspective, we do not recommend files larger than 50 GBs to be uploaded or more than 1000 files, per single page."

Source: https://help.archive.org/help/uploading-tips/#:~:text=Is there a limit to,1000 files%2C per single page.

there's no reason to get all wound up over being asked to change a link. also you didn't need to put up a web archive snapshot of a Mediafire link when a normal Mediafire link would've sufficed.

12 minutes ago, Meldo said:

there's no reason to get all wound up over being asked to change a link. also you didn't need to put up a web archive snapshot of a Mediafire link when a normal Mediafire link would've sufficed.

Why did you assume that I was getting all wound up over being asked this? I wasn't actually. Of course I didn't really need to put up a web archive snapshot of mediafire link, there are many other options, but guess what? Internet Archive got unlimited space, and mediafire doesn't (for free users that is. Not sure about paid). I'm reserving Mediafire for lost/missing chars that have never been re-uploaded on the internet before, and if I do run out of space in Mediafire, then I'll probably switch over to Internet Archive. Why? Because of space. Free to sign up too.

What's better, give you guys a Mediafire link of an already re-uploaded/snapshotted char that will cost me space, or give you guys an Internet Archive link that will cost me no space? The latter is more enticing.

I care about you guys. I'm trying to help. That's why I'm going at lengths to explain myself.

Something I should have added. "so be [exist] it [these rules]". I could rewrite it like this, "If for some reason you guys don't accept this, so let these rules [or these unacceptance] exist."

13 minutes ago, Charmugen said:

What's better, give you guys a Mediafire link of an already re-uploaded/snapshotted char that will cost me space, or give you guys an Internet Archive link that will cost me no space? The latter is more enticing.

true, but what if there's an event of the Internet Archive going down for maintenance or the whole site being shut down completely? also mega.nz has a much larger file storage than Mediafire, just pointing that out.

53 minutes ago, Meldo said:

true, but what if there's an event of the Internet Archive going down for maintenance or the whole site being shut down completely? also mega.nz has a much larger file storage than Mediafire, just pointing that out.

Let just hope it doesn't get shut down completely. All sites are susceptible to shutting down and maintenance, including Mediafire and mega.nz. Internet Archive has been around how long? Since the 1990s? Don't expect Internet Archive to be shut down anytime soon. Also, I do have a mega.nz account, two actually, but they got limited space, for free users that is.

A lot of stuff gets uploaded to Internet Archive. Books, softwares, even MUGEN chars and char packs. If you have 200GB of MUGEN chars, Internet Archive is the best place to go. It would be devastating that all that stuff uploaded to Internet Archive, just vanishes, so the people over at Internet Archive HQ have much more reason why to keep that site alive as much as possible. Internet Archive shutting down is like YouTube shutting down, it would be devastating, and not a lot of people have backups to their own YouTube videos...

But if Internet Archive does shut down, and I max out free space from other sites, then... I'll have to pay for more space, get a server of my own, or stop uploading stuff in general.

Post Update:
Or I can just torrent too. I know of another site where you can create your own site for free and host unlimited amount of files (for free), but the file size is capped to 100MB or so (for free users), and it is slower (for free users also).

On 5/17/2023 at 4:46 PM, Charmugen said:

Why did you assume I'm getting paid for this? 0 actually. Cool eh?

Because the way you're being defensive and passive aggressive about being asked to change links makes it seem like you have some actual stakes involved in keeping those links.

On 5/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, Darkflare said:

Because the way you're being defensive and passive aggressive about being asked to change links makes it seem like you have some actual stakes involved in keeping those links.

You assumed wrongfully, very very wrongfully. So, I corrected you.

Actually, see it this way like I see it. I'm helping MFFA grow. I'm helping people by pointing things out because I care. Nothing defensive about it. No, "stakes involved in keeping those links". Just me helping out, and if you don't accept my help, that's fine with me. I'm not bothered by it.

We do appreciate your uploads and help, thank you very much for finding this Ryu. They did not like the Esnips link because back before the site got shut down, it was very notorious for attaching viruses to files.

On 5/24/2023 at 1:09 AM, Gaulbetti said:

We do appreciate your uploads and help, thank you very much for finding this Ryu. They did not like the Esnips link because back before the site got shut down, it was very notorious for attaching viruses to files.

I would normally post a mediafire link as an alternative and quick download and problem solved, but some people are just entitled.

• 7 months later...