Infinite Legacy X Screenpack for IKEMEN Go 0.99 (HD 1280 x 720) by OroCrimson (UPDATED AUGUST 2023)

OroCrimson

Warning: This Screenpack only works with IKEMEN Go version 0.99 RC2 (possibly higher) set up with a 16:9 resolution! This is not designed to work on MUGEN.

Version 1.1.1 does not work correctly in IKEMEN Go 0.99 RC1 or older! If for some reason you still need to use an older version, check out the version history on AK1 instead.

NEW UPDATE: August 7th 2023, check out the update section.

I'm back with another screenpack for IKEMEN Go! This is my favorite to date. I felt inspired by the aesthetic of 90s Capcom fighting games, and wanted to encapsulate that in a screenpack for my personal IKEMEN compilation. I also wanted to make something new using the techniques I learned from editing Devon's CVS Black screenpack (into Infinite Legacy for IKEMEN). Thus, Infinite Legacy X was born!

Features:

• Uses standard MUGEN portraits for ease of use.
  • A 504 slot mode for simple use, and a 700 slot mode for more character slots and a slightly better look (imo) at the cost of simplicity. (Just as simple in version 1.1!)
  • Supports IKEMEN features such as combo and tag toast messages, 3v3 and 4v4 battles, ratio battles, and tag battles.
  • Comes with the option to use PotS's active tag system (had to include it as the tag toast message is part of the tag.zss).
  • Or, if choosing to use the default IKEMEN tag, includes a fix that improves compatibility some by changing the tag states used.

Previews:

Spoiler

Title Screen

Spoiler

Y6KyJ9p.jpg

Main Menu

Spoiler

WLWMXRq.jpg

Options Screen

Spoiler

teicbgL.jpg

Character Select 700 Slot

Spoiler

eEq1011.jpg

Character Select 504 Slot

Spoiler

dHNKPDQ.jpg

Team Character Select

Spoiler

eg3BA8W.jpg

VS Screen

Spoiler

ltio6PA.png

1v1 Lifebars

Spoiler

egoKlLB.png

2v2 Lifebars

Spoiler

eIcs5W9.png

4p Tag lifebars

Spoiler

YaRIMaS.png

Turns Lifebars

Spoiler

UHVG6WQ.jpg

Ratio Lifebars

Spoiler

j8ECJsj.jpg

YouTube

Spoiler

4/1/2023 Patch:

Spoiler

New slots version available as an update.

Too Many Slots Edition

MFu0CMA.jpg

6624 slots, if you're curious.

You can download the patch here, if you really want it. But keep in mind, it runs like rotten potatoes. IKEMEN ain't built for large select screens like this.
Happy April Fools' Day!

UPDATE 1.1.1:
IKEMEN Go 0.99's second release candidate just released. It required some updates to certain files, especially regarding POTS active tag system.
This is simply a compatibility update. No reason to update unless you're using IKEMEN Go 0.99 RC2 or newer.

UPDATE 1.1: 

IKEMEN Go 0.99's first release candidate just released. Time for me to update my screenpacks. 

• Updated for use in IKEMEN 0.99.
  • Adds 3 new slot options (25, 185, 916).
  • Uses IKEMEN's new cell.skip feature to no longer require BLANK slots in the select.def.
  • Added new announcer and fight animation, you can choose which one to use during install.
  • Made this snazzy trailer: 

Download (1.1.1):

AK1

Discord

GDrive

MEGA 

Thanks for downloading and I hope you all enjoy!

• 2 months later...

ORO's MUGEN Hub Please fix your screen pack issue when they downloaded them and make it more easy for them to understand because these random people are bugging me about how to fix your screen pack and coming to my youtube channel to make a request to how downloads your stuff because they cant figure thing out..... please help this old man out... Im tired these message coming to me for answer knowing Im not the creator of your screen pack. 😟

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 5:03 PM, jmagee22 said:

Hello, I downloaded this Screenpack and followed the instructions however I ran into an issue. If you can help me out that would be amazing.https://imgur.com/a/Nm0c8Y5

You're missing data/common.snd. I don't know why, this comes with vanilla IKEMEN. Try installing on a fresh copy of IKEMEN 0.99. 

On 5/6/2023 at 7:58 AM, OldGamer said:

ORO's MUGEN Hub Please fix your screen pack issue when they downloaded them and make it more easy for them to understand because these random people are bugging me about how to fix your screen pack and coming to my youtube channel to make a request to how downloads your stuff because they cant figure thing out..... please help this old man out... Im tired these message coming to me for answer knowing Im not the creator of your screen pack. 😟

What is it exactly are you asking me to do? I don't know how I'm supposed to help without knowing what people are having issues with. 

If anyone has issues with this screenpack, the easiest way to reach me is on the IKEMEN discord. 

EDIT: I've made a video tutorial. Maybe this will help clear up those who are confused.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:52 PM, OroCrimson said:

You're missing data/common.snd. I don't know why, this comes with vanilla IKEMEN. Try installing on a fresh copy of IKEMEN 0.99. 

What is it exactly are you asking me to do? I don't know how I'm supposed to help without knowing what people are having issues with. 

If anyone has issues with this screenpack, the easiest way to reach me is on the IKEMEN discord. 

EDIT: I've made a video tutorial. Maybe this will help clear up those who are confused.

yeah that what Im talking about and they keep message me on my channel thinking  I am the one can who can solved all there problems because they cant figure out your screen pack  and they come my channel asking to make a video guide on how to install your screen pack. because they cant figure it out. 

Thank you for doing this. if they cant follow this simple video guide "shame on them" And hope they stop bugging me about it as well and Now I can tell other stop bug the crap out of me on how install your screen pack lol.. you saved this old man from this and you are true Hero 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 12:36 AM, NeosNight said:

OroCrimson

Hello I have a problem with the screenpack, when I play all my characters work very well except that of Gojo Satoru from QINYAN, as soon as I try to play with mugen crash and yet it works on the others. 

I'm not sure why a screenpack would cause this error... Does it give an error message when it crashes?

On 9/29/2023 at 3:32 PM, FireStorm796 said:

Hm...quick question how many bonus missions does it support...

I make all all my bosses bonus missions along with the few mini games and the screen freaks out when scrolling.

That's admittedly something I hadn't tested. I don't have enough bonus games to make it scroll and don't think I have any menu scrolling elsewhere in the screenpack. I'll need to experiment with this later but it'll probably be some time before I do, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 3:54 PM, NeosNight said:

Yes it give the error message:

./eternal/sript/start.lua:1401: chars/Gojo Awakening RN OP/Gojo(Revealed).cns/4064

And it's the same with  Captain Aizen OP.

Maybe your system doesn't support this?

This would mean the character is crashing IKEMEN, not my screenpack. Gojo's cns file, line 4064, something is wrong with it that crashes IKEMEN.

Hello.
This screen pack is amazing.
sorry.
I have a question regarding the character selection anime.
It may disappear when you select a character.
Also, the character's color may be 2P color or discolored.
Please let me know if there is a way to adjust it.

• 2 weeks later...

OroCrimson

After testing again but this time with classic characters I realize how much latency there is when playing in 4v4. Also some character like Shadow.exe and Kamiya does not work.

Could you apply a 4 gb patch that supports special characters?

• 3 weeks later...

This is so cool, thank you!

If I can ask, does anyone know how to edit or remove the "level up" Sound effect? It can be a bit lout and repetitive.

Also, is there a way to shrink the combo number text? It can get in the way of smaller stages.

Thank you!! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 3:15 AM, FatalArtics0555 said:

Is there any way I could remove tag team health regen?

I think this is handled via IKEMEN's options? Game settings > Red Life > No.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:30 AM, bbluje said:

This is so cool, thank you!

If I can ask, does anyone know how to edit or remove the "level up" Sound effect? It can be a bit lout and repetitive.

Also, is there a way to shrink the combo number text? It can get in the way of smaller stages.

Thank you!! 

Sure thing, this is how:

Spoiler

data > ilx > fight > fight.def

search for "level sounds"

to find something like this:

; --level sounds---
level1.snd = 21,0
level2.snd = 21,0
level3.snd = 21,0
level.snd = 21,0

comment out each line with semicolons at the start so it looks like this

; --level sounds---
;level1.snd = 21,0
;level2.snd = 21,0
;level3.snd = 21,0
;level.snd = 21,0

This will deactivate those lines, meaning level ups will no longer have sounds. If you ever want to restore them, simply remove those semicolons and they'll be back.

Don't forget to save.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 7:49 AM, FatalArtics0555 said:

Tried it but it didn't work (Only removed the red bar)

This sounds like a possible bug with IKEMEN. You should ask about it in the IKEMEN discord's help channel.

On 3/6/2024 at 2:50 AM, d4nkgct22 said:

0q4hJN0.pngVselect is a bit wonky with this one, is there a possible solution to my characters being scrambled? Maybe it's something with the select document.

VSelect is outdated as it has not been updated since the release of IKEMEN Go and does not support IKEMEN Go's new features, including Cell Skip which this screenpack uses. You can't use vselect with this.

On 3/6/2024 at 3:50 AM, d4nkgct22 said:

0q4hJN0.pngVselect is a bit wonky with this one, is there a possible solution to my characters being scrambled? Maybe it's something with the select document.

Yeah, I think you're going to have to go through all of this manually since VSelect breaks features like the same slot feature.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:50 PM, DisplayingRoleplay said:

Hello there! I was wondering if this screenpack works with the Nightly Build of IKEMEN GO?

It might not. I haven't developed it for nightly builds since they're always changing. I only support the latest stable build.