Tamaki Kousaka v1.15 by jade_midori

Hey guys, it's me again, took me forever to come back and make something, but I believe I just made something now that I'm quite happy with.

From Aquapazza, Tamaki Kousaka joins MUGEN with 720p sprites and all her grappling tricks, with more things thanks to the AzuFight style that I always use! It's also a prototype to see if people show interest in my gameplay system, which I intend to make a full game out of.

Download: Tamaki_JM

Changelist:

Spoiler

1.15 (02.01.2022):
    -Corrected a few custom state goofs.
    -Burst bar on P2 side should show up properly.
    -Show Time!: Damage reduced.
    -And a few other things.

1.1 (01.26.2022):
   -Added all the system changes from Mi Oh to Tamaki, including, but not limited to:
      Animation standards
      Defence increase in Burst Mode (about 25% less damage)
      Dragging the OTG hitboxes down
      Wire damage anims, stagger extra frame
      Guard Cancel fixes
      Recovery state fixes
      Counterhits gives a 20% damage increase
      Fixes to some effects
      Added air-combo vels to Tamaki
   -Life increased from 1050 to 1100
   -Given a taunt (can be held)
   -Blood Curling Punishment: "Soft-Hard Knockdowns" stay as Hard Knockdowns for the whole duration.
   -Blood Curling Punishment: Increased Length to 720 frames (12 seconds)
   -"Reorganized" the juggle groups to give her more options. (Smackaway and 2C no longer share the same group)

1.02:
    -Turns out Tamaki's custom wallbounce effects were completely misaligned if she starts a round facing left (p2 side basically)
    -I didn't mean for Ferrum Claw to be fully invincible so I've fixed that to be invulnerable until the recovery frames oopsieeee.

1.01:
   -Updated known issues.
   -Fixed audio bug relating to superpauses and the custom wallbounce/wallstick/groundbounce sounds.
   -Corrected an animation check that was not causing the getting crushed against wall animation to play properly for both Normal and BURST! Iron Claw of Fear.

Also sorry guys, no AI again, but I made sure that she's at least fun to play as.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Disins said:

Yep! So glad he did, your Tamaki is really well made, so nothing but deserved to get an patch. 😛

Thank you very much for the kind words ^^

Downloading this AI patch made me realize I made two mistakes in the character cause I never fought against her on P2 Side, therefore I have updated her. Sadly this also means the person who made the AI Patch should update the tamaki_common and tamaki_system files to include the fixes, one of them is a minor graphical bug, but the other one was unintended invincibility, I apologize for the inconvenience!

16 minutes ago, jade_midori said:

Thank you very much for the kind words ^^

Downloading this AI patch made me realize I made two mistakes in the character cause I never fought against her on P2 Side, therefore I have updated her. Sadly this also means the person who made the AI Patch should update the tamaki_common and tamaki_system files to include the fixes, one of them is a minor graphical bug, but the other one was unintended invincibility, I apologize for the inconvenience!

You're welcome! :3

Well, glad that AI patch helped you notice an error and improve on her. I believe Holn updates his patches very occasionally, from time to time within months(since you updated her today as of 28th of July, he might update her patch next month the 23rd again, or the month after), so you shouldn't worry too much as I believe Holn will notice the update & upgrade his AI to go along said updates/fixes. Overall, no need to apologize, we all make mistakes, and I'm glad you addressed it so fast above anything else, to be honest. ^^

• 5 months later...

I have once again updated Tamaki, fixing a bunch of stuff that I felt necessary

Changelist:

1.1 (01.26.2022):
   -Added all the system changes from Mi Oh to Tamaki, including, but not limited to:
      Animation standards
      Defence increase in Burst Mode (about 25% less damage)
      Dragging the OTG hitboxes down
      Wire damage anims, stagger extra frame
      Guard Cancel fixes
      Recovery state fixes
      Counterhits gives a 20% damage increase
      Fixes to some effects
      Added air-combo vels to Tamaki
   -Life increased from 1050 to 1100
   -Given a taunt (can be held)
   -Blood Curling Punishment: "Soft-Hard Knockdowns" stay as Hard Knockdowns for the whole duration.
   -Blood Curling Punishment: Increased Length to 720 frames (12 seconds)
   -"Reorganized" the juggle groups to give her more options. (Smackaway and 2C no longer share the same group)