Jump to content

Gotta go fast! The King makes MUGEN eat his s**t!


GTFoxN6Y
 Share

Recommended Posts

While you did fix a few issues that are pretty much present in every single release, he's still filled with a huge amount of problems.

 

-Invalid Actions for Super Jump - which floods debug

 

-Debug Error with each Super

 

-Debug Flood for Jackpot

 

-Messy SFF - seriously why are there so many sprites in group 50?!

 

-One Winstate - this wouldn't be an issue, but you made a completely new .cns file for just this one state, which makes it absolutely pointless.

 

-Double Play hit clips - If hit in the air by anything, two clips play instead of just one

 

-Reusing Standing attack sprites for air

 

-Literally all crouch kicks use the same animation

 

-Kung Fu Man hitboxes - The King is too big for KFM's Hitboxes, You can draw your own hitboxes, it's not hard

 

-No Landing sound - the effect for it plays and it doesn't play out good at all due to the lack of sound to accompany it

 

It's clear he wasn't ready to be put out yet, but you did so anyways.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yukari Yakumo - Gap Youkai said:

There is no reason to quit, you are improving, which is good, all I'm saying is please take a little more time on creating.

But what about the downvotes?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's because he still feels rather rushed out the door, due to the existing issues, but keep it up, you are getting better, and that's what I like, here's a little tip, there's a folder in MUGEN called Docs, it has lots of tutorials, I suggest reading those up if you haven't already, keep the work up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yukari Yakumo - Gap Youkai said:

It's because he still feels rather rushed out the door, due to the existing issues, but keep it up, you are getting better, and that's what I like, here's a little tip, there's a folder in MUGEN called Docs, it has lots of tutorials, I suggest reading those up if you haven't already, keep the work up

Okay thanks! I will not quit!

 

Anyways can you clean all all the bad parts so it can be clean again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, this is honestly just getting frustrating at this point, with the unwarranted downvotes

 

@GTFoxN6Y's early characters were bad, they got bashed for a clear reason, that much is true.

But he's starting to make a genuine effort with his characters and to improve them. And now as I see it this is backlash, it's just... hatred towards him because of his early works.

They are right about how to improve your characters, but downvoting it just because it's his character isn't acceptable. You are actively telling him to give up instead of improve by doing this. You are not being a good community member by doing this.

He wants to learn, he wants to improve, it's up to us to guide him, gently, not push him away.

 

Anyways.

 

Your getting better man, you are improving, I just wish people would be more helpful and less negative towards your otherwise lack-luster releases. (everyone's gotta start making an effort somehow!)

Even thou he using the EOH template (something I don't really care about if it's being used properly), there aren't alot of (Zelda CDI) King's in MUGEN so I appreciate there being one more, so I'll also add him to my player team, he still looks fun to play.

I'll give up an upvote for all the effort you had put in as is, and I'll give you another one if you improve it even further in a patch, how's that sound? Otherwise their critism is still decent and worth listening to, just keep it in mind for next time. Don't throw in the towel and keep at it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, IDGCaptainRussia said:

Ok, this is honestly just getting frustrating at this point, with the unwarranted downvotes

 

@GTFoxN6Y's early characters were bad, they got bashed for a clear reason, that much is true.

But he's starting to make a genuine effort with his characters and to improve them. And now as I see it this is backlash, it's just... hatred towards him because of his early works.

They are right about how to improve your characters, but downvoting it just because it's his character isn't acceptable. You are actively telling him to give up instead of improve by doing this. You are not being a good community member by doing this.

He wants to learn, he wants to improve, it's up to us to guide him, gently, not push him away.

 

Anyways.

 

Your getting better man, you are improving, I just wish people would be more helpful and less negative towards your otherwise lack-luster releases. (everyone's gotta start making an effort somehow!)

Even thou he using the EOH template (something I don't really care about if it's being used properly), there aren't alot of (Zelda CDI) King's in MUGEN so I appreciate there being one more, so I'll also add him to my player team, he still looks fun to play.

I'll give up an upvote for all the effort you had put in as is, and I'll give you another one if you improve it even further in a patch, how's that sound? Otherwise their critism is still decent and worth listening to, just keep it in mind for next time. Don't throw in the towel and keep at it!

It's not even about the fact that his characters are bad it's the fact that he refuses to take criticism and then overreacts about it saying he's going to quit. If he just take feedback and use it to make himself better he would improve a whole lot more and may actually be a good creator. One thing he needs to do is take feedback and listen instead of reacting the way he does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TMC55 said:

It's not even about the fact that his characters are bad it's the fact that he refuses to take criticism and then overreacts about it saying he's going to quit. If he just take feedback and use it to make himself better he would improve a whole lot more and may actually be a good creator. One thing he needs to do is take feedback and listen instead of reacting the way he does.

his reactions were towards the downvotes, not the critism on this character, that's why I spoke up this time. It didn't help it was handed to him in a rather aggressive manner.

You can call him acting like a kid over getting upset but seeking approval of others is a very serious desire people have, and all those downvotes is effectively telling him his work is for naught.


And as stated he is showing improvement, it's rather slow but it's still a large step up over his previous works. I'm not saying I want to encourage him to release half-assed characters, I'm just saying this and his most recent chars should get a thumbs up when compared to his previous, in all due respect: crap. It's just, his stuff is still half baked and I hope he updates it and continues to improve with the good parts of the feedback he was given; it's been made clear he's not the best at working past his weaknesses, but someone has to give a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...