Assorted Comics

Kazagami

Went ahead and added MUGENHunter's comic-exclusive Sonic characters to the collection. While I were at it, threw in both versions of Chuchoryu's Lord Drakkon as well.

Also, would comic strips and webcomics be part of this, or their own deal? Pretty sure some comic-only MK characters like Hydro have been done too.

I think the logo needs a change too, so it can reflect its increased scope.  Maybe the comic strips could be in their own part of the collection? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update:

- The Crow by s666

Note: While the creator states that he doesn't view the character as being canon to the comics, I'm adding him anyways for the sake of having every available versions of The Crow in the same place for ease of access.

I may or may not cook up an entirely different design for the image previews later. Also, this collection follows the same general rules I established for the Marvel and DC ones, which means add-ons that don't directly have to do with pre-existing characters (i.e. AI patches / voice patches) are not considered for addition.

Better late than never, thanks for the submissions. (Good lord, both Charlie Browns are downright atrocious looking that it prompted me to create a whole new category dedicated solely for them, aptly called "Other Craps")

17 hours ago, Kazagami said:

I may or may not cook up an entirely different design for the image previews later. Also, this collection follows the same general rules I established for the Marvel and DC ones, which means add-ons that don't directly have to do with pre-existing characters (i.e. AI patches / voice patches) are not considered for addition.

I think the genre/setting-based backgrounds are a good start. 

TBH the previous approach for the preview images felt kinda lazy to me, not to mention it's literally a repeat of what I did for the Kemono Friends collection, so I told myself 'F— that, let's just get back to square one and build a brand new template' and that's exactly what I did. Not to brag, but I'd like to think I managed to pull it off nicely. :)

14 hours ago, Kazagami said:

TBH the previous approach for the preview images felt kinda lazy to me, not to mention it's literally a repeat of what I did for the Kemono Friends collection, so I told myself 'F— that, let's just get back to square one and build a brand new template' and that's exactly what I did. Not to brag, but I'd like to think I managed to pull it off nicely. 🙂

I really like how the icons look like a comic book cover, but I feel replacing the silhouetted buildings with a starburst or gradient effect would make them even more universal in appearance. 

I did consider a different backdrop but ultimately decided the "buildings" to be the easiest way to go. At least it looks a lot less jarring than the previous one because its a simple vector drawing instead of a realistic one, and it can also be interpreted as equalizer bars of some sort.

Ah yeah, you're right, they debuted in the SATam cartoon first way long before they became regulars in the comics. My bad. Took 'em out and added Tintin by Dr. Inseno.

• 3 weeks later...

As per note from @Cavery210, The Phantom and The Spirit—both made by S666—have been transferred from the DC Comics collection to here, because as it turns out, those characters are actually properties of other companies.

Glad to hear, and you're welcome! 😄

I did a brief read on The Shadow, and it said he made his debut in a radio drama and later novel series, which makes it rather tricky to integrate him here. I suppose I could consider him to be based on his comic portrayal and make an exception for him.